2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• Egonu is the opposite player, best attacker and the one who carries the score burden of the team. Of course she is the one to be criticized by the people who is not really volleyball experts. You are right most people in this forum would blame the setters for Italy's failure but people in this forum are more familiar with volleyball dinamics than lay people commenting on those articles. So they probably only see the player who attacks the most and who makes the most amount of mistakes, at clutch points. And this person happens to be a black doesn't directly translate that criticism is done purely based on skin color. To me, this way of thinking has hidden racism behind it. As if having a certain skin color would make one inferior and of course that could be the only reason people are criticizing Egonu?

There are a lot of people who are being discriminated based on their race, skin color, sexual orientation (I'm one of them) but it doesn't mean that anyone criticizing those people are doing it because of their skin color etc. With this thinking we can't criticize anyone who is not white straight.

I'm sure some lay people would criticize Boskovic the same way if she would have performed like Egonu and made so many errors during clutch points during semi final match. And this wouldn't mean that she is criticized because of her Bosnian roots etc.

• Bonitta wanted Lo Bianco to be the main setter. She and Cacciatori were almost at the same level. So he cut Cacciatori - that never came back - in order to give Lo Bianco court time with no one that could possibly take she starting position from her. Italy won the 2002 world championship, but lost its most popular player and cover girl.

I remember Cacciatori and Piccinini along with Leila Barros as the most popular players when WGP shows up in Manila

• Egonu is the opposite player, best attacker and the one who carries the score burden of the team. Of course she is the one to be criticized by the people who is not really volleyball experts. You are right most people in this forum would blame the setters for Italy's failure but people in this forum are more familiar with volleyball dinamics than lay people commenting on those articles. So they probably only see the player who attacks the most and who makes the most amount of mistakes, at clutch points. And this person happens to be a black doesn't directly translate that criticism is done purely based on skin color. To me, this way of thinking has hidden racism behind it. As if having a certain skin color would make one inferior and that's why people are criticizing Egonu.

There are a lot of people who are being discriminated based on their race, skin color, sexual orientation (I'm one of them) but it doesn't mean that anyone criticizing those people are doing it because of their skin color etc. With this thinking we can't criticize anyone who is not white straight.

Italian media already has a precedent with the water bottle advertisement from 2018.

I'm sure some lay people would criticize Boskovic the same way if she would have performed like Egonu and made so many errors during clutch points during semi final match. And this wouldn't mean that she is criticized because of her Bosnian roots etc.

Go look in the Serbian NT thread, p. 25.

• Lavarini on his IG uploaded a video with pictures from Polish NT with polish song.

It's cute how he supports them and they can feel it. Nawrocki was always complaing that they aren't not in top 50 on their positions and he was always saying that we are underdogs against almost everyone. You can not win with that kind of mentality. That's the difference.

I really appreciate that he is coach of Polish girls, he really changed their mentality. Totally opposite thinkig than lastest coaches. Girls believe that can play with everyone with courage and confidenceand we see that in this tournament. I didnt know they can change mentality so fast after poor VNL. Of course they need to practice physical skills a lot to be top but they couldnt do anything more without correct mentality. I hope Lavarini will keep good job with girls for many years. I like him:drink:

BTW I would say something about Paola Egonu because I see that in Italy its a main topic after semi-final. I really cant understand that she is blamig because Italy lost. Many people know that without her this NT wasnt be so dangerous than they are right know. She is one of the best Opp in the world with amazing performance in most of games. So I feel so sorry for her. Experts shouldnt forget that Volleyball is TEAM sport:call:

• Italian media already has a precedent with the water bottle advertisement from 2018.

Go look in the Serbian NT thread, p. 25.

Here, I'll save the trouble:

This question is to my compatriots: what the hell is wrong with Mozzart comment section? Even for the standards of our forums, that place is fucked up. So many nationalists who clearly have serious mental issues and who hate Tijana and Brankica for coming from Republika Srpska. Not only that, every single positive comment (even those not mentioning those 2) is massively downvoted and every single negative comment is upvoted. All our online sites with sport section has problems, but nowhere are things nearly as bad as with Mozzart...

• MVP: Carol/Boskovic

Setter: Macris

Opp: Boskovic

OH: Busa, Gabi

MB: Carol, Stevanovic

Libero: DeGennaro

• Setter: Drca

Opp: Boskovic

OH: Gabi - Busa

MB: Carol - Stevanovic

libero: DeGennaro

MVP: Boskovic/Gabi

• The so-called disposition of the day🤔The Brazilians played the best match in this championship in the match against Italy and in my opinion they will not repeat it 🙃 It's hard to bet on the favorite here, so 50/50.

In the Italy-USA game I think USA 3-2 after all 🤗

• MVP: Boskovic

Setter: Macris

Opp: Egonu

OH: Gabi, Robinson

MB: Carol, Stefanovic

Libero: DeGennaro

• On my way to the stadium, let's make it a spectaculair final day of the WCH:super::cup:

• Dumb question… does anyone actually like a third place game?

Like it makes sense for the OG… but like who can really be bothered at this point lol

Kind of agree but at least the winner gets a medal. It’s not like the old days when we had ridiculous matches for 11th place and 9th place, etc. :lol:

• Dumb question… does anyone actually like a third place game?

Like it makes sense for the OG… but like who can really be bothered at this point lol

bronze is still bronze though. plus additional points/weights for world ranking.... if it matters. 8o