2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• lucky they had turkey in the quarters, i guess

I don't know why people keep saying it's luck. It was not a draw. It was their own merit.

• well italy did a good campaign for sure therxpectation was to be in the final and everyone was expecting it but this world cup show the 3 in the podium are the best teams in the world ...the same 3 from the vnl and all of them were capable of win this tournament

• Yeah, as big disappointment as losing to Brazil was in a manner they did two days ago - it's still another great result for Italian volleyball post-Tokyo, considering they won in this span ECH double, female VNL, male WCH, bronze at female WCH, with every European junior title this season, with U20/U21 World juniors titles last year. At the end of the day, Mazzanti keeps getting results that allow him to stay as a HC, I believe.

Damn, if we had won 3-1 against Germany, we would have played against this US team in the QF instead of Serbia, that's definitely pity (even though it's not so sure we would have won, but it would be much easier).

I don't think anyone expected such a big failure from the U.S. the whole season, this is weird.

• this man waited until the 3rd place game to start Carlini lmao i hate him

And Orro outplayed her big time... Carlini was so bad:gone:

• Türkiye imo is the worst team of the quarter finals however this luck talk is just bs. Considering conceptual luck or hypothetical changes in a tournament BCS of a different opponent are just a waste of thoughts imo, anything could have happened if different opponents faced each other you literally don't know. Maybe USA would randomly end up being champions, not saying it's likely but it's just as much of a point being made as the contrary.

The only thing I can agree with is that the groups should have merged earlier.

• Yeah, as big disappointment as losing to Brazil was in a manner they did two days ago - it's still another great result for Italian volleyball post-Tokyo, considering they won in this span ECH double, female VNL, male WCH, bronze at female WCH, with every European junior title this season, with U20/U21 World juniors titles last year. At the end of the day, Mazzanti keeps getting results that allow him to stay as a HC, I believe.

The interview he gave just now did feel a bit as a goodbye interview, but we'll see. I'd like to see a new face, but I'm afraid of who they would hire instead of him. Watch them get Barbolini back or Bonitta for max messiness :rolll:

• I wouldn't like mszzanti to be removed

It was dissapointing Italy not to making the final but brazil was better that day and they losse their chances

Maybe they put in the context that he failed in og and wch and might removed

But i don't see any better than him for italian team...lavarini and santarelli are already engaged

The next are bregoli or musso but I think they already have work to do to be italian coach

• winning a medal at a major does mean something even if you don’t want it to because your team didn’t win one lol

• Whatever it happens on the final...italy gonna be #2 in world ranking

• yes. sure.

but its also a match that isnt as important as any other KO match in the tournament. did they try? sure. they were bad.

okay I can agree with this

• I don't know why people keep saying it's luck. It was not a draw. It was their own merit.

maybe luck is the wrong word, but USA is certainly fortunate Poland lost 2 sets to both Canada AND Germany and didn't have to play Poland.

• Im gonna say it. Hancock was needed. :D Messy as she is at least she always connect with her middles.

Poulter used to connect with her middles too.. the players aren't the problem