2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• At least they got most of the awards right. Specially the Best Setter award. Really impressed with Drca this year. :rose:

• Overall the dream team is pretty good. I would have chosen Stevanovic over Danesi (though Danesi had a great tournament as well) and Busa over Sylla, but we have had far worse dream teams in history.

exactly, this dream team is not bad at all, I am so happy for Pusic :love:

I would give the award to Busa too but Sylla was also very good in defence and receiving well too!

• Boskovic - Back to back World Championship MVP:cup:

Only Regla Torres have achieved that before, right?

• Overall the dream team is pretty good. I would have chosen Stevanovic over Danesi (though Danesi had a great tournament as well) and Busa over Sylla, but we have had far worse dream teams in history.

I agree. I would do the same. Busa had really good tournament, especially digging the balls in back-row. However, I don't think anyone is looking at the number of succesful digs. It's easier to look who scored more points/was more efficient in attack

• Sheilla giving Brazil's medals :love::love:

• We had Takeshita as MVP once. Let's stop bitching lol

• For the first time in a while, I think the awards were all deserved. Yes, there were also other players who deserved (Busa and Stevanovic) but overall I like the choices:flower:

• no Busa???!!! no Stevanovic??? or maybe it's because of the #of total blocks?

But this doesn't make any sense! The award is not best blocker of the tournament, it is best MB for a dream team. And best MB not necessarily always the one who makes the most blocks. It should include their attacking contribution too. So if they really want to decide based on statistics, FIVB should use some calculation like datavolley stats do for best MBs or outsides (even then it is far from perfect)

• Only Regla Torres have achieved that before, right?

yes the amazing badass stoic Regla Torres

• But this doesn't make any sense! The award is not best blocker of the tournament, it is best MB for a dream team. And best MB not necessarily always the one who makes the most blocks. It should include their attacking contribution too. So if they really want to decide based on statistics, FIVB should use some calculation like datavolley stats do for best MBs or outsides (even then it is far from perfect)

no. its the BEST MBs of the WHOLE tournament 🙂

I said what I said: Carol and Danesi > Stevanovic

• Serbia has everything to win every single tournament in the following years

• Serbia has everything to win every single tournament in the following years

unless other teams like Italy and Brazil develop their players