2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• I'm a little disappointed with the match, obviously Serbia's game was at a whole new other level today, but I really wanted it to go to 5 or at least 4. Brazil though has to be extremely proud that they've achieved such good results with many young players. (Still a little heartbroken that Gabi, Carol and Gattaz couldn't get their long awaited golds)... Also their games against Japan and Italy have earned their spots in my favorite matches of all times list.

Serbia congrats!! Besides some silly errors today they played with such cohesion, unity and passion, and their defense and attack was almost outworldy. Tijana, girl, I have no words. What impressed me even more than her attack (if that's possible) was her defense. I never expected Drca to come back and be such a great contributor to Serbia's success. Stevanovic and Pusic were amazing, and the rest also played their roles to perfection. Overall, a great team performance.

I'll sure miss this tournament and the NT season in general, but I think I'm ready for club season, although I have no idea how I'll be able to follow all three of my favorite leagues at once. And at the same time I'm already looking forward to next summer <3

• Just let me have one more post to praise Boskovic.

Her consistency at every major NT tournaments she has played since WCH ‘14 till now is insane. It’s already 8 years time and she never failed or flopped in any of them. And She is still just 25!

She now looks fitter than ever after taking the break during VNL, I believe she can have a very long career and I’m sure she can add many more awards to her trophy cabinet.

Her consistency at every major NT tournaments she has played since WCH ‘14 till now is insane. It’s already 8 years time and she never failed or flopped in any of them. And She is still just 25!

She now looks fitter than ever after taking the break during VNL, I believe she can have a very long career and I’m sure she can add many more awards to her trophy cabinet.

This is her best chance at club season success as well. We will get Tijana vs Paola this year 👌😍

• Well a pity it such a short final, but man, I've enjoyed the level of play Serbia showed today!!!:love: I was afraid that Serbia could not match their performances from the past, since many good players don't play for NT anymore. I thought all they could, would be playing Boskoball. They proved me wrong though, it's exactly the opposite with everyone in the team involved! Mainly because of the great distribution by Drca:obey: Block and defense was really good today! Brazil had to work so hard to let the ball hit the floor. Middle blockers not only contributing in block, but also a weapon in offense! Busa showing a well allround game and Lozo for some extra firepower^^ Boskovic is Boskovic, always relaiable when needed:box: Congrats Serbia!!!:cup:

Well, WCH is over now:( I think Poland and the Netherlands did a good job organising! It was a pleasure:drink:

• Also the Reffing was fantastic. Barely any challenges went overturned

• they need to improve their reception.it seems like a joking to tell Brasil to miprove their reception.but Brasil really need their 2OHs and libero to receive well.Brasil is not a powerhouse.their OHs and OPs dont have the abilities to kill many out of system balls.this is the same problems to USA.so they rely on better reception.their OPs can be used ,but they need to find another good OH. i am so sad though we have Zhu and LYY,but our OPs are too weak attacking.if China really want to come back,Gong cant be their starter anymore. China needs to find new OPs to kill the balls.

I disagree with you that Brazil is not a powerhouse, you always say that in all your posts lmfao

• they really need a tall and powerful OP.

its not about the height. this tournament has proven it. If you're asking for a tall Brazil has one. Future of Brazil, 199cm 17yo Helena Wenk, going to be coached by the great Rezende at club level

• they really need a tall and powerful OP.

Its not about the height, I mean Brazil beat China right?

• Its not about the height, I mean Brazil beat China right?

China is now a so weak team.except their OHs and libero,every position they need to change new faces.you need consider a team about their reality.if China's MBs are all 180+,they will perform worse.their coaching has big problems.but now Brasil is a balanced team.they dont have a person to kill many out of system balls.if they have someone like lippman,they could go further

• world rankings before/after wch:

Serbia: up 4 (5 -> 1)

Poland: up 3 (13 -> 10)

Canada: up 3 (17 -> 14)

USA: down 3 (1 -> 4)

Netherlands: down 2 (10 -> 12)

Germany: down 2 (11 -> 13)

nobody else in the top 14 moved more than 1 spot up or down.

makes sense? think this is fair?

Bosko is at age of 25 on a level of two WCH MVPs, two ECH MVPs and best opposite of OG - on NT level, she's on par in terms of individual accolades with every player ever, even Regla, I guess, but she's only 25, lol. I don't think I've ever seen that much consistent human being in this sport. The only time she didn't get a medal on a target event with NT happened when she was 17, lol.

It's pity she's so much wasted on a club level tho. ;]

Like I said before the game, the whole consistency of Serbian team is ridiculous, so even though I'm very neutral to this team from personal perspective, I can't complain about this specific outcome, it's just well deserved, you just nod with huge respect.

• I just want to say Tijana Boskovic is the greatest opposite of all time. simply impeccable.