2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• I know sometimes there is a lot of tension between Brazilian fans and fans from other countries, but it's mostly stuff we shouldn't take too seriously. We are nice people:flower::cup:

I'm still very sad because of yesterday but <3Zé Roberto<3

• I know sometimes there is a lot of tension between Brazilian fans and fans from other countries, but it's mostly stuff we shouldn't take too seriously. We are nice people:flower::cup:

I'm still very sad because of yesterday but <3Zé Roberto<3

Brazil didn’t go down without a fight those first 2 sets! They were locked in defensively! They are gonna get better and what an accomplishment to make it to the finals for such a young team that people doubted. Myself included. :)

• I'm a little late on this but I'm confused on who said racist stuff to Egonu was it the fans during the show or the media(again) because I'm seeing both being reported. I couldn't understand the viral video that was going around since the translations are all different. Can someone pls clarify

• I'm a little late on this but I'm confused on who said racist stuff to Egonu was it the fans during the show or the media(again) because I'm seeing both being reported. I couldn't understand the viral video that was going around since the translations are all different. Can someone pls clarify

World of Volley reports that Egonu said she read "comments" but unclear whether it was from social media or tabloids (who tf even reads those)

https://worldofvolley.com/late…-messages-i-received.html

• What does this say cross-court attack efficiency?? Altinli help... I want to see the 2022 list

Miss prime Goncha :heart:

• I like this years WCH formula, I would just cross the groups for QF and SF.
    So basically next WCH will become more random with new format. The round of 16 will be very selective depending on the draw. So for example Poland faced Serbia, USA, DR, Thailand, Canada and Germany from top16 to decide if they go to QF or not. But it will now be a big difference if you draw Serbia or Brazil or Turkey or DR in the round of 16.

• First of all, my heart goes out to all my Brazilian friends here. I wish both teams could have won!:kiss:

What to say! Our girls played this whole competition as a team as perhaps never before in our history. Ignoramuses will look at Tijana's 24 points, and will make jokes about the state of her shoulders and/or back but more fool they! The final was an incredible team performance, as evidenced by the fact that practically all players who scored at all with the exception of Tijana scored in the 7-11 points range (which was 5 different players)

Bojana Drca played this whole summer as never before. It's no exaggeration to say that she never before in her career played to even 60% of what she showed this whole year long, which is simple an amazing transformation, even having in mind that supposed truism that setters reach their peak in their 30s. Jovana Stevanovic played significantly better than she has at least since 2016 and maybe she only played as good in 2014-2015 period. Bianka Busa somehow became a legitimate (no memes or jokes) offensive option even though her reception ALSO significantly improved (to the point that many teams avoided serving on her! who would have thought even as little as 2 years ago that she would get the Kelsey Robinson treatment!:cheesy:).

On top of all this, Tijana played maybe her most comfortably dominant NT tournament ever (maybe rivaled by 2017 ECH, but competition was abysmal in that tourney). You could see how the fact that Serbia found so many unexpected options this summer really dropped a load from her mentally, and left her feeling free to just rip however many balls were sent in her direction in any particular match with the knowledge that she won't have to drag the team single-handedly.

Lastly, to be consistent, I really don't care about our position on FIVB ranking list beyond it's impact on Olympic qualifications. Sure, maybe it feels good for a week or two to be able to say your country has achieved that distinction of being #1 at least once, but after that period, it's bragging rights or powers are zero, IMO.

• As for where I've been in the last 24 hours, I got drunk last night as I haven't in years, and at my age a hangover from something like that is no easy thing, and it took me until this afternoon to be able to function again.:lol::gone:

• Not only that She floped with her performance, She was even benched.

What a difference in just one season.

• Heartbreaking. ;(

Have we learned in the meantime more about this? Did her teammates really excluded her, or she didn't want to take it, or she had other commitments?

• Have we learned in the meantime more about this? Did her teammates really excluded her, or she didn't want to take it, or she had other commitments?

This picture was posted on the legavolley instagram and the post after is just about Egonu, I don't think she was intentionally left out but just that she wasn't there for interviews or whatever, altough it looks like a huge misstep considering the whole situation.

I wanted to make a more lenghty post about this whole Egonu situation but it's already getting way too out of proportions. It's all based on a private conversation she didn't know was getting recorded and it was right after the end of the bronze match at the peak of her emotions, just a couple of hours later in the interviews she had during the final after cooling down it was obvious she had no intention of quitting the NT for good. If that video didn't came out we probably would have known nothing about this, she would have just skipped VNL (or possibly the entire NT season) next year and no one would have batted an eye