• Article about Sloëtjes:

Signing for Scandicci was a conscious choice. She had more options in Italy, but they were mid-level teams and she wanted to stay on top. That Malinov is the setter of Scandicci was also a reason to choose for them. If she wanted more money, she could have gone to Russia. But the travel distance is to big, so it wasn't an option for her.

She had to get used to playing volleyball again after the vacation. She had some minor aches. Next to that is was all a bit chaotic with all the new faces and all players returning from vacation at a different time. She enjoyed seeing the young ones play, because they really fought for it.

• which Russian clubs? She probably dont want to sign with male Russian clubs.

We have Goncharova in Moscow, Fabris in Kazan and Cleger in Lokomotiv. Uralochka never signed with such top players, they mostly prefer Ukrainian and Belorussian players as foreign ones bcz of low salary. Enisei lost all of their players, bcz of their budget is getting lower, nowadays Zarechie signed only with local young players. Krasnodar even signed with local young players last season. Leningradka mostly signed with Belorussian and Ukrainian. Maybe Kazan wanted to sign with her instead of Fabris or Lokomotiv wanted to sign with her, I dont think another clubs from Russia have such high budget to sign with her. Could you please share that link ? I'm really interested in it:/

She didn't name a club in Russia. She said she doesn't play volleyball for the money and if she did, she would have gone to Russia, because she could earn more money there. I think it could have been Kazan, because at the beginning of the season it already was clear she would leave Vakifbank.

Sure her is the link: https://www.volkskrant.nl/spor…-in-voor-italie~b8cf786c/

• It is clear that some Russian top teams really offer high bids to players, Maja also got a lot of money there and players always talk about high bids from Russia like Lonneke says. But the constant long distance travel is not worth it. I'm pretty sure Kazan could have been a team like that, I remember they paid Gamova 1.5 million too on her own and players like Goncharova must make over 1 million too and those are local players. It seems only Turkey, Russia, maybe Japan and China can offer amounts over 1 million (or close to that) to any player, reallly and Italy is the only other one that comes close.

With all that said, its clear Russian league is not on a budget. Players like Lonneke that get those offers must be a more reliable source then you Ksenia I'm afraid :D

• Well I never said its a bad thing :rolll: but for whatever reason you desperately want to deny some are rich and spend a lot of money, so maybe you think that way? They should indeed invest better if they can afford above 1 million to a single player.

• Altinli you are just childish, the problem is here Turkish clubs 3 or 4 foreign players are equal to 1 M or more. You also denied Haak got 1M :roll: you are too imature.

Well its true Haak never got 1 million :rolll: there is not 1 source confirming this. When official statements come up we can talk about this. What is immature is to use rumours as fact to prove your point.

Ofc Turkish clubs are the richest by far, but Italians still beat us so no excuse for Russians not to do the same if they invest right. I dont understand why you get so pissed off over this, you're way too nationalistic.

• Now you are just embarassing yourself. I quote myself:

"Ofc Turkish clubs are the richest by far"

Don't start arguments if you can't understand basic English pls, thank you.

Btw I indeed apologize for off-topic also in name of Ksenia as she won't. Its the last thing I will say here on this.

• Discussion closed now!:offtopic:

• The injury of Balkestein-Grothues doesn't seem serious! The expectation is that she can train again next week:thumbup:

• I thought there will be a European qualification in January 2020 with the best 8 teams who don't have a ticket for Tokyo.

I also think it isn't going to be to beat Italy, but if they are in their best shape, nothing isn't impossible. We will see, it definitely is going to be one of the most exciting matches this summer.

• I thought there will be a European qualification in January 2020 with the best 8 teams who don't have a ticket for Tokyo.

I also think it isn't going to be to beat Italy, but if they are in their best shape, nothing isn't impossible. We will see, it definitely is going to be one of the most exciting matches this summer.

I'll be in Catania, forza Italia 😁😁

• Morisson picked 18 players for OGQT-preparations:

Setter: Bongaerts, Dijkema, Stoltenborg

Opposite: Sloetjes, Plak

Outside-hitter: Daalderop, Buijs, Grothues, Jasper, Oude Luttikhuis

Middle-blocker: Beliën, De Kruijf, Timmerman, Lohuis, Polder, Koolhaas

Libero: Knip, Schoot.

My guess: Stoltenborg, Oude Luttikhuis, Polder and Timmerman will be cut.

• The dutch team is especially training on the heat that will be in August during the olympic qualification. It seems Timmerman definitely passed Polder in the ranking, because Polder isn't on the picture. On wednesday there will be an training match against Japan, after that Morrison will announce the 14 players who will play the friendly matches on 26 and 27 July and the OQT.

http://www.volleybalkrant.nl/n…isjes-bij-training-oranje

• Not that I know, they will play 2 matches against Japan in the Netherlands.

• Avital Selinger is the new coach of the women's talent team in the Dutch league.

https://www.volleybal.nl/nieuw…talentteam-papendal-dames

• No, sadly there will be no stream. Also the roster still isn't published:down:

• As expected Timmerman, Oude Luttikhuis and Stoltenborg are out of the roster.

So the roster will look like this

S: Bongaerts and Dijkema

Opp: Sloëtjes and Plak

OH: Daalderop, Balkestein-Grothues, Buijs and M. Jasper

MB: de Kruijf, Beliën, Lohuis and Koolhaas

L: Schoot and Knip

https://www.facebook.com/22042…0/posts/2125415927568543/