• I feel like this qualification system was created by FIVB to get more money from the federations, by making 6 pools and 6 organizers and money income:whistle: I know it sounds very suspicious but we all know how much FIVB loves money so...:whistle:

• I hoped for more than a 3-0 win from Italy.. De Kruijf played a very good game and so did Bongaerts. First I thought Dijkema injured herself, because it was the first time Bongaerts played multiple sets as a starter in such an important game. But it seems it was Morrison's choice and I think that's good.

I noticed that Buijs' reception has improved a lot. It isn't as shaky as it was before. She and Plak had a good impact on the game. Knip couldn't make any difference today. Balkestein once again was a ghost at the net, she's only useful in service reception. Good thing that Morrison brought in Daalderop for her. What worries me the most is Sloetjes' performance, she did good against Belgium and seemed to have her form back, but she was nowhere today. Hope that she will find her joy in volleyball back in Scandicci and will play again like she did in WC'18.

• Even if they lost 3-0, NED's performance was good. They never gave up, coming back from six points behind both in the first and the third set. Sloetjes and Bujis were limited by De Gennarovand Bosetti in defence, but there are some other good options, as Plak or Daalderop.

Bongaerts should be the main setter, so precise clean and noce touch. She has no fear, a good tricky serve and decent block. She is superior in all these elements than Dijkema.

I hope NED manages to get the ticket for Tokyo too.. I'll be cheering for you! :super:

• I'm really excited for tonight's game! Also a bit nervous🙈I have a feeling that this game can go either way. But I have to say Italy really impressed me in yesterday's match. May the best team win! Both really deserve to be at the Olympics!:super:

P.S. Judith Pietersen is working as commentator during this tournament and she also is nervous for the match tonight:heart:She had a short interview with her sister in law Chirichella.

https://www.gids.tv/video/9551…edstrijd-zijn-we-vijanden

Never notice that they have this relationship

• There were some interviews in the Dutch media. The players are very frustrated and can't believe they've played this bad. Especially Buijs and Plak didn't look happy with the staff. All the plans they made didn't work en they couldn't anticipate during the match. According to them they should have focused on their own strengths and not only on how to stop Egonu. A conversation would have taken place last night between staff and players about things they need to improve and things that need to chance.

• Nicole's story behind the sign language she does during the national anthem:

https://www.facebook.com/14855…3/posts/2339676716351339/

• There were some interviews in the Dutch media. The players are very frustrated and can't believe they've played this bad. Especially Buijs and Plak didn't look happy with the staff. All the plans they made didn't work en they couldn't anticipate during the match. According to them they should have focused on their own strengths and not only on how to stop Egonu. A conversation would have taken place last night between staff and players about things they need to improve and things that need to chance.

It's time to Morrison to say goodbye, he doesnt know how to react to adversities, i don't know, if something does not work for him, this thing will keep not working because he never know how to fix it.. I think they should try to bring that guy from CSM Bucuresti(?), Akbas, i think that he is a suberb coach and could do a good job with a team full of great players

• Nicole's story behind the sign language she does during the national anthem:

https://www.facebook.com/14855…3/posts/2339676716351339/

When Brazilian's TV broadcast NED games, they are always amazed by her attitude... it is so beautiful, warms my heart

• It's time to Morrison to say goodbye, he doesnt know how to react to adversities, i don't know, if something does not work for him, this thing will keep not working because he never know how to fix it.. I think they should try to bring that guy from CSM Bucuresti(?), Akbas, i think that he is a suberb coach and could do a good job with a team full of great players

Morrison has a lot of knowledge about volleyball, but he just isn't HEAD coach. I think he has a tougher job than Guidetti had, because Guidetti brought them to the top. Morrison has to stay on top and the things he has to improve are all details.

Guidetti brought spirit and fire in the team, that worked really well. With Morrison all the passion has to come from the themself. So they need a verbal coach. I don't know if Akbas would be the right choice. When Morrison came to the Netherlands they doubted between him and Caprara. Maybe he would have been a better choice.

• Maybe she should play as a libero for NT because Shoot and Knip very unstable. Daalderop and Buijs 're main OHs

Could be a good alternative, but Daalderop and Buijs are both unstable at reception. M. Jasper isn't good enough in reception. So you have to use schoot or knip as receiving sub. I don't see that happening.

• I agree Netherlands needs a new coach. This coach is basically just continuing what Guidetti left. But you can't keep doing the same thing every season without making adjustments.

Lavarini or Motta would have done a much better job.

It is heartbreaking when you look at the rosters of NED, TUR and POL and see so many world class players. ...but knowing a lot of them won't be at the OG 🤧.

• Schwerin.

(and before you start it: poor girl will be wasted on bench, she should go to a club where she would be starter blablabla)

Maybe she will be a starter? IMHO she played better than Hanke last year. But Koslowski will probably choose Hanke, looking at NT.

• Schwerin.

(and before you start it: poor girl will be wasted on bench, she should go to a club where she would be starter blablabla)

:lol::rolll:

Sometimes I wish it would be harder to predict.

• Maybe she will be a starter? IMHO she played better than Hanke last year. But Koslowski will probably choose Hanke, looking at NT.

I think like last season they'll alternate a lot. Both had good impact coming off the bench when the other was in trouble. Hanke was first choice in the key matches because she's more experierenced, but Bongaerts will get there sooner or later.

• I don’t follow all matches of the NED team, but I think the problem is not just Morrison or the technical staff.

When Netherlands was doing great at international competitions, Slöetjes was unstoppable. Buijs was also performing great, and Plak was also a good option. This season, Slöetjes was bad/unstable all season long, and the same happened with the NT jersey. Buijs barely played, and when she did, she was just awful. Plak was simply terrible this season, she played well in like 2-3 games and the rest was a huge mess. My point is that they underperformed under the supervision of great technical staff other than Morrison’s. In addition to that, De Kruijf was injured and Yvon was out for a long period.