• I agree Netherlands needs a new coach. This coach is basically just continuing what Guidetti left. But you can't keep doing the same thing every season without making adjustments.

Lavarini or Motta would have done a much better job.

It is heartbreaking when you look at the rosters of NED, TUR and POL and see so many world class players. ...but knowing a lot of them won't be at the OG 🤧.

• Schwerin.

(and before you start it: poor girl will be wasted on bench, she should go to a club where she would be starter blablabla)

Maybe she will be a starter? IMHO she played better than Hanke last year. But Koslowski will probably choose Hanke, looking at NT.

• Schwerin.

(and before you start it: poor girl will be wasted on bench, she should go to a club where she would be starter blablabla)

:lol::rolll:

Sometimes I wish it would be harder to predict.

• Maybe she will be a starter? IMHO she played better than Hanke last year. But Koslowski will probably choose Hanke, looking at NT.

I think like last season they'll alternate a lot. Both had good impact coming off the bench when the other was in trouble. Hanke was first choice in the key matches because she's more experierenced, but Bongaerts will get there sooner or later.

• I don’t follow all matches of the NED team, but I think the problem is not just Morrison or the technical staff.

When Netherlands was doing great at international competitions, Slöetjes was unstoppable. Buijs was also performing great, and Plak was also a good option. This season, Slöetjes was bad/unstable all season long, and the same happened with the NT jersey. Buijs barely played, and when she did, she was just awful. Plak was simply terrible this season, she played well in like 2-3 games and the rest was a huge mess. My point is that they underperformed under the supervision of great technical staff other than Morrison’s. In addition to that, De Kruijf was injured and Yvon was out for a long period.

• Netherlands isn't interested in hosting the European qualification tournament:|

• I don’t follow all matches of the NED team, but I think the problem is not just Morrison or the technical staff.

When Netherlands was doing great at international competitions, Slöetjes was unstoppable. Buijs was also performing great, and Plak was also a good option. This season, Slöetjes was bad/unstable all season long, and the same happened with the NT jersey. Buijs barely played, and when she did, she was just awful. Plak was simply terrible this season, she played well in like 2-3 games and the rest was a huge mess. My point is that they underperformed under the supervision of great technical staff other than Morrison’s. In addition to that, De Kruijf was injured and Yvon was out for a long period.

I think the same - I mean I don't say Morrison is great coach or sth but honestly all Dutch players besides Robin are in worse shape than in 2016 and 2017. Sloetjes, Buijs and Grotheus are not playing that well so it is a direct effect.

• I think the same - I mean I don't say Morrison is great coach or sth but honestly all Dutch players besides Robin are in worse shape than in 2016 and 2017. Sloetjes, Buijs and Grotheus are not playing that well so it is a direct effect.

I agree that it isn't all the fault of Morrison, because the players aren't in great shape. But the technical plan has to be right. And you have to anticipate during the match.

A large part of this is the task of the staff.

• I agree that it isn't all the fault of Morrison, because the players aren't in great shape. But the technical plan has to be right. And you have to anticipate during the match.

Some part yes - but actually there is no way this Dutch NT does sth like 2016 OG - there are many better teams and players right now which was exactly visible on Sunday.

• I agree that it isn't all the fault of Morrison, because the players aren't in great shape. But the technical plan has to be right. And you have to anticipate during the match.

But it's hard to say that the technical plan wasn't right or that the staff wasn't prepared, because the players are the ones responsible for implementing the strategies on the court. So my point is that as outsiders we'll never know if the defeat must be accredited to a lack of a good plan or a lack of skills of the ones who should make the technical plan work. What I can see right now is that NED's offensive players (i.e. Buijs and Sloetjes) are struggling to score more than 10 points in a match since the club season.

• But it's hard to say that the technical plan wasn't right or that the staff wasn't prepared, because the players are the ones responsible for implementing the strategies on the court. So my point is that as outsiders we'll never know if the defeat must be accredited to a lack of a good plan or a lack of skills of the ones who should make the technical plan work. What I can see right now is that NED's offensive players (i.e. Buijs and Sloetjes) are struggling to score more than 10 points in a match since the club season.

This is why both should have not appeared in 3rd set.

There is no good replacement either. Daalderop never gets to play even in unimportant matches past years. Now there is no plan B or C.

Only plan A for which Sloetjes and Buijs need to score. Relying on Buijs no team will achieve greatness...

• I agree with all of you that, apart from de Kruijf all the starting players have gotten weaker, especially Lon is no longer one of Europe's best OPPs I believe, though she's still my favorite. But well she's 29 and she herself knows that her body is not like many years ago.

Bongaerts most likely replaces Dijkema's spot, Daalderop takes Buijs's and Plak could be okay as OPP, but well still there's no one who could replace Balkestein. Jasper is probably the only candidate, but I'd say she needs more than 2 years playing as starter to be good enough. The dilemma of Libero position - I don't honestly know who's better between Knip or Schoot, Kirstin played really good 2 years go in NT and showed up positive developments but her current shape doesn't seem to have gotten better.

Though the result was a bummer I don't think it's fair to blame Morrison, okay no one got better but hey we shouldn't forget he was the replacement of Guidetti, it wouldn't be too late blaming him if the Netherlands don't make it to the Olympics which I hope that won't happen :(

And they all got hurt after the WCH..... it was not just 1 player, but a bunch of them... Their preparation for the whole summer was not right and that`s why they had so many injuries.

I saw on World of Volleyball, Guidetti calling out Ze Roberto and saying like a lot of Brazilian players get injured during the summer. Natalia was injured and she played VNL while injured, she got injured during VNL and still played the OG Qualification....she will probably play WC.....of course she will show up not 100% when she joins Vitra......But Ze Roberto does not care, he only cares for Brazil.

• Now also the Dutch federation announced the roster for ECH:
    Setter: Bongaerts and Dijkema.
    Opposite: Plak and Sloëtjes.
    Outside hitters: Daalderop, Buijs, Balkestein-Grothues and M. Japser.
    Middle blockers: de Kruijf, Lohuis, Beliën and Koolhaas.
    Libero: Schoot and Knip.

As said before, the Olympic qualification tournament and the world cup are the most important tournaments for the Dutch team, but they also want to win a medal at the ECH.

Hope they will play the important matches with the following line-up:
    Bongaerts - Plak
    Daalderop - Buijs
    Lohuis - de Kruijf
    Schoot

Beliën disappointed me very much during qualification tournament, same goes for Sloëtjes, so I would like to see Lohuis and Plak getting a chance. IMHO Bongaerts from now on has to be the first setter and Daalderop deserves more chances.

https://www.volleybal.nl/nieuw…dames-op-het-ek-volleybal

• I'm just curious, why is the World Cup a priority ? What are they gaining from winning it?

Hard to believe they will perform well in the WC (11 games) after playing ECH. There will be no time for rest...will be a marathon.

• They will get more points for the world ranking if they get a good result at WC than at ECH.