• Sloetjes may not be at her best but she’s still way more reliable than Plak in my opinion and she’s needed to challenge the best teams. Unless Plak has one of her beast matches but she’s already had 1 this year so we’ll probably have to wait a while for another one. :D

I don’t mind them starting Buijs and Daalderop to see how they handle the reception but I think the best serving teams will cause one of them to be subbed pretty early.

• I don’t mind them starting Buijs and Daalderop to see how they handle the reception but I think the best serving teams will cause one of them to be subbed pretty early.

Yes the receiving will be a problem, but they can make up with it in attack. The last set against Italy they didn't do a bad job in receiving. They can bring in Balkestein-Grothues to receive and it's important Japser becomes more relaiable in serve receive, so she also can come in to receive

• I'm just curious, why is the World Cup a priority ? What are they gaining from winning it?

Hard to believe they will perform well in the WC (11 games) after playing ECH. There will be no time for rest...will be a marathon.

World Cup gives the same quantity of points than the Olympics. It is still uncertain NED qualification to Tokyo. And if they dont qualify, they will drop a lot in the ranking (maybe even outside top 10).

So, I do think it is clever to take World Cup as a priority. Not all the teams are sending their best line up and NED could be at least 4th, which secure to save points from Rio in case they dont get the berth to Tokyo.

• I'm really disappointed in the team this summer. They've played 2 times against a good opponent and lost both matches with a clear 3-0. I'll start with Morisson. I've said it before and I will say it again: Morrison isn't a head coach and not the right one for the Netherlands! They need someone who makes them mentally stronger. They didn't even fight for eachother today...

Of Course it isn't all to blame on Morrison, but if a team makes the same mistakes over and over again, you can't keep saying the same thing during the time-outs. Next to that it wasn't a wise decision to keep changing the starting team during the tournament and not be clear who will be the starter. I hope Morrison will leave, but I don't know if it's wise decision to start with a new coach if the first tournament will be the olympic qualification. Also I have no idea who should be the new head coach.

• About the team:

Everyone underperformed! Only thing that's good is Sloëtjes played an okay match. Starting setter should be Bongearts and she deserves so much more trust. Okay, she didn't play at her best, but the reception didn't help her. If she gets more confidence, than she can be a leader and hopefully will make less serves errors and play more with the middles. For Dijkema I've no words... She played bad against Italy and now again. It was like Stoltenborg was on court, all double toches and the ball way behind the hitter:gone: Hope van Aalen will be ready soon, so she can take the spot of Dijkema.

Buijs again proved she is not good enough for high level, making all reception mistakes and having difficulties with killing a ball. Balkestein-Grothues can't be missed. She could be a great libero with her reception amd defence, but than there would be no outside hitter to receive. Hope Daalderop is fine, she has no luck, already had so many injuries. She is a great prospect, but has to work a bit on her reception. Block and defense are not good. Both Knip and Schoot are unstable, especially in serve receive. Beliën and de Kruijf are to slow in block. De Kruijf isn't a good blocker, but she is even better than Beliën. She is just a ghost on court! Hope she will find her form soon. Or Lohuis has to have a good season in Stuttgart and becomes faster in block, so she can take the starting position. I think no one wants to play world cup anymore... During the tournament they have to find the best starting line-up, so they will be ready for qualifications in January.

• If I were Dutch NT, I would play ALL my cards in the World Cup. They really need to grab at least the 4th position in order to not lose so many points in the ranking in case they do not qualify to Tokyo (actually, just qualifying doesnt mean they will get the same points than 4 years ago...).

For being 2 times in a row vice european champion, 4th in the last Olympics, 4th in last WCH and now not making SFs and maybe missing Tokyo 2020 would be a total collapse.

It is such a pity because NED was such a pleasure to wach in the last 4 years. I remember the awesome performance of Stam Pillon in Rio, as well as Sloetjes, and now they arent even favourite for the last european ticket.

I really hope NED wont be a shooting star. After so many good results in the last olympic cycle, I thought they have come back for staying in the top.

• NED mentally unstable. They lose all important matches. After the matches with ITA and TUR:

1. Balkestein-Grothues could be a libero

2. Main OHs Daalderop - Plak (Plak can progress, while only Buijs regresses when she plays against strong teams)

3. Morrison is not suited for emotional condition. Team NED with him emotionally fades.

4. Dijkema is the main disappointment of this summer. Her connection to de Kruijf and Sloëtjes especially terrible

Also I have no idea who should be the new head coach.

It may sound crazy, but may be second coach Beltrale (?) At least he's emotionally brighter than Morrison

• It may sound crazy, but may be second coach Beltrale (?) At least he's emotionally brighter than Morrison

Is that the guy who coached a little this summer at Montreux or the VNL when Morrison was absent?

• I don't know if I'd use the term "brighter" to describe him but he's certainly more emotional, more typically Euro in his approach compared to Morrison's California Positive Vibes thing. If the Dutch team is longing for the good ol' days of Gui, Beltrale (?) is more in line with that for sure.

• Netherlands and Morrison are indeed just a horrible mix, out of all the Euro teams maybe I can see his vibes do well maybe with a team like Russia, but for sure not Netherlands.

And actually since I think Russia would still be a level too high. I'd pick similar teams on a lower level, like Ukraine or the team that was recently left coachless: Belarus. I can even see him do better in Asia.

But most of all, I saw this even when he was in VakifBank and Gio's bench in NL, the guy never really was a leader prospect even if it sounds a bit harsh. Honestly I don't think head coach is the role for him and I also have no idea who or if NL should replace him now. Probably now is too late so its on the players themselves.

• Besides Morrison, I think setter is a big problem for Netherlands. Dijkema is the worse setter among the setters from top teams. This really prevents team to play with their full potential

• I would like to join in the Dijkema-bashing:drink:

I used to like her a lot 2014-16, but since then she's disappointing since.

I disagree about Morrison tho, he took these girls to ECh final and WCh semis; he deserves to get the attempt to take them to OG.

• Even Dijkema made fun of herself on instagram today LOL

• The players are very frustrated and can't believe they've played this bad. Especially Buijs and Plak didn't look happy with the staff. All the plans they made didn't work en they couldn't anticipate during the match. According to them they should have focused on their own strengths and not only on how to stop Egonu. A conversation would have taken place last night between staff and players about things they need to improve and things that need to chance.

Losing against Turkey in 3 sets makes things worse for Jamie. There might be some trust issues.

After focusing a lot on Egonu in IOQ, he just didn't care his opponent this time and focused on Dutch side. Hande kept tipping the ball and noone covered it, Jamie watched it all game.

• Losing against Turkey in 3 sets makes things worse for Jamie. There might be some trust issues.

After focusing a lot on Egonu in IOQ, he just didn't care his opponent this time and focused on Dutch side. Hande kept tipping the ball and noone covered it, Jamie watched it all game.

Exactly! I think there are some problems between the staff and players if you see the reactions, but you never know for sure.

Against Italy they said for the first time they were the favourites to win. During ECH they even said they were not the favourites in the group, which definitely was not true! It shows there is still a lot work to do mentally