• Morrison got fired! I didn't saw this coming:what:

I'm curious who will be the new coach?:/

Source: https://www.volleybal.nl/nieuw…bondscoach-jamie-morrison

Oh wow, i thought they at least would keep him until Continental Qualification... Really interesting

There is some Dutch coach do you think is up for this job?Or are they going once again with a foreigner?

• Oh wow, i thought they at least would keep him until Continental Qualification... Really interesting

There is some Dutch coach do you think is up for this job?Or are they going once again with a foreigner?

Yes I thought the same! The new coach begins with a very tough job😅

I don't think there is a Dutch coach for this job. I only can think of Selinger, but I don't think he is the right one. IMHO there will definitely will be a foreign coach.

I think Bernardinho could be the right choice, he is just as passionate as Guidetti and he was a good fit with the team.

• As I said it before, I would be so sad if Santarelli leaves us especially after amazing performance against Turkey at last ECH,....but He would be perfect for Dutch NT, they play volleyball as He loves, but He can't do anything until next Summer.

For his style you need to work a lot in long period.

• New coach in this period can't do anything special, really tough job for any New head coach...

Good luck Dutch NT!

• Wish Morrison the best of luck in future. Not surpised though, De Kruijff was already openly negative when they lost to Italy..

I really hope the Dutch's new coach will be somebody with passion and VISION.

I'll never forget when Guidetti helped to develop Stam-Pilon to a world class libero and Pietersen to OH for 2016 Olympics. They need another coach who can make players reach higher level.

• Yea I'm also not surprised really. I mean when you know it's just a matter of waiting for the clock to tick for Morrison to be fired, why not just stop wasting any more time and take initiative sooner rather than later. Wish both Dutch NT and Morrison best of luck in the future as well.

• I think it's probably the right decision but also kinda harsh. Silver at the '17 ECH and 4th at the WCH were good results and I can understand if Morrison felt that should buy him a bit more time. However, the performances this year have not been up to that standard and with the OGQ tournament coming up, I can definitely see why they wanted him gone as soon as possible. I'd say it seems too easy to just blame Morrison's bad coaching for causing poor results because I do believe the players are older and not as good as they were before, but if they have lost confidence in the coach there is a huge problem and he's got to go. I guess we'll find out in January if the new coach can bring them back to the level they showed in 2015-18.

• Technical director Joop Alberda says that they will start looking for the new NT coach from tomorrow. I've put down some names who I think could be the new head coach of the Dutch NT team.

Available coaches

Bernardinho

A coach with a lot of knowledge and passion. I believe he could make the team mentally stronger. I doubt if he is going to be the new coach, because he doesn't have a lot of time to prepare the team, since he is coaching Rio. Next to that I'm not sure if he wants to be a national team coach anymore?

Motta

Personally not a big fan of him, but he is a good coach. He is passionate, something the team really needs.

Barbolini

Same coaching style as Morrison, so I don't think he is the right choice. But he is working for a good club and worked for some good national teams, so I think Nevobo is considering him.

Akbas

Also not my choice. He is passionate, but IMHO not a good technical coach.

Abbondanza

Not sure if he is free, but I thought he quit with the Canadian NT? He has the same coaching style as Guidetti, but he doesn't have the same knowledge.

Not available

Santarelli

Now the coach of Croatia. He is a coach with a bright future and he is passionate. But I doubt if he is mentally ready for this job and if he can make the team mentally stronger...

Caprara

Now he is the coach of Azerbeidzjan. He is a good coach with Italian temperament. After Guidetti left it was him or Morrison. If I remember right de Kruijf said they chose Morrison over Caprara, because Morrison makes a team better and Caprara makes a individual better.

McCutcheon

Great coach, maybe the best option. But I doubt he is going to leave Minnesota.Maybe they can swap, he is going to coach the Dutch team and Morrison Minnesota:lol:

Lavarini

Proved to be a great coach in Minas! A lot of knowledge and also a passionate coach.

However I doubt he is leaving Korea so soon, I think he wants to go to the Olympics with them.

What are your thoughts?:)

• Any chance that Teun Buijs takes over, at least for OQT?

I don't know, they don't have named any coach so far. I wouldn't like that, I don't think a coach should train their own children on this high level.

• In my opinion, Bernardinho is not an option.. He's already rejected talking to Russia and I don't think he'd feel comfortable to coach against Brazil... Motta is not an option for quick results, he is a master of building teams but he needs time to do it, and NED don't have time (If they had him after Guidetti, NED would already be at the Olympics). Lavarini isn't an option before Olympics indeed, he wants to go with South Korea.

I think the best option would be Barbolini, not a good one, but the best they can have in such short time... He is a good coach and have the expertise to manage star-players but NED will have a lot more problems with their setters (and they already have enough), he can kill all their creativity.

• It's definitely best for the Dutch to move on from Morrison at this point and leave that bad energy behind. Whoever the new coach is the girls still need to focus and regroup if they want a chance in January.

• Time trouble. Beltrami?

Doubt they will choose him if the team doubts the technical staff...

• Any chance that Teun Buijs takes over, at least for OQT?

Actually he was the first one crossing my mind, leastwise as a lifesaver in such a short period.

• Actually he was the first one crossing my mind, leastwise as a lifesaver in such a short period.

That would be so funny to watch 😁 but I'm not sure if players would be happy with this choice.