• I guess no, because his contract was expired. Seems they break up with him.

because you never google it.

I tried to google it. Couldn't find any information even on azeri websites :(

If you found it, could you please share the link?

• It's official now indeed, Caprara is the new head coach of the Dutch NT.

He says Olympic qualification will be tough, but he is going to do everything to accomplish the Olympic dream. They have a strong team and it's an advantage they play at home.

Alberda says they chose him, because he is an experienced coach and used to perform under pressure.

https://www.volleybal.nl/nieuw…bondscoach-volleybalsters

• Thanks. I didn't know any of those websites and they are in english 😍

That's different story. Sorry but I was assuming Caprara left them for dutch nt two montha before qualification.

• Okay, Caprara already made his first stupid statement:what::down:

He said: Britt (Bongaerts) plays good, but a experienced setter is better for such an important tournament. Moreover I work every day with Laura.

IMHO you can't say something like this about a player if you haven't worked with her yet and the tournament doesn't take place soon. In this way you doesn't show any trust. Next to that, Bongaerts outplayed Dijkema big time this summer. The best setter just has to play, experienced or not.

• tbh it might be a crazy conclusion but to me the 2 favorites right now for OGQ are Turkey and... Poland. Yes, you read that right. NL are just not looking at the right places atm, everything is so rushy and overall messy, I can't see them fix things in such a short time and meanwhile most NL players are having a bad season right now...

Caprara looks at it completely wrong, Laura is one of the reasons this team is not working anymore and when young talents come and older ones seem to fade you HAVE to start giving the young ones the upper hand and cut the biases. Italy built a team around young Egonu at the time,Terzic let Boskovic start over the legend Brakocevic bcs simply it was time. NL has to do the same but they won't and right now they will have the same fate Turkey also kinda had in 2016 vs Italy with the Neslihan, Gözde etc. era. The Netherlands totally fit that role right now and Turkey and Poland can definitely be the Italy of then (which is a top team now)

• Okay, Caprara already made his first stupid statement:what::down:

He said: Britt (Bongaerts) plays good, but a experienced setter is better for such an important tournament. Moreover I work every day with Laura.

IMHO you can't say something like this about a player if you haven't worked with her yet and the tournament doesn't take place soon. In this way you doesn't show any trust. Next to that, Bongaerts outplayed Dijkema big time this summer. The best setter just has to play, experienced or not.

:wall::wall::wall:

Sure, Dijkema has more experience than Bongaerts now, but then...Bjelica has more experience than Boskovic probably :whistle:

• I honestly don’t see anything wrong in his statement but if THE experienced setter is Dijkema then that’s another damn story. I’d even prefer Stoltenborg as second setter if that could guarantee Bongaerts the starting spot.

• Dijkema is the most mediocre setter among the top teams. Dutch team has great individuals in every position except setter and Libero. Lacking a good libero is something a top team can compensate (just like USA) but without a good setter, I'm already very surprised how much Netherlands achieved in last 4-5 years

• Dijkema is so terrible. Still she set her team to a Olympic and WCH semis, ECH finals and Scuduleto ( can't spell it right). And last season she was points away of upsetting Novara with such a young team.

Only a few setters have accomplished that.

And only a few setters can handle playing with poor reception.

• To me Dijkema is really not great either but she is solid and calm which can be important in a setter, For OGq at this stage though, nothing groundbreaking imho but that's just my opinion.

I prefer Bongaerts by a margin

• Dijkema is so terrible. Still she set her team to a Olympic and WCH semis, ECH finals and Scuduleto ( can't spell it right). And last season she was points away of upsetting Novara with such a young team.

Only a few setters have accomplished that.

And only a few setters can handle playing with poor reception.

She did a good job the last few years, but always was one of the weak links at the most important moments. Last summer she was really really bad. I also noticed now in Firenze if the team struggles to score a point, she goes back to setting high balls. Bongaerts is just better atm, more creatif and is able to play a fast game.

• But look at Firenze's roster

Not even Maja or Woloz would accomplish anything with that roster.

There's nothing wrong with high balls, I think crovoley got a lot of people on here to think that playing like Conegliano is the only way to play.

Back in the 2000's everyone played high ball and that's when volleyball was the best... Volleyball has not made any progress or gained popularity with teams playing fast and so on. Not to mention some teams must play fast because they lack players with good skills and the ability to score, so they must find ways to get around.

That's why Cuban volleyball is still missed.. Their game was Power + Power + Power and more Power.

The reason I love Serbian volleyball is because their volleyball comes close to that. And powerful players like Boskovic, Mihajlovic, etc give me chills.

• I'm literally so opposite... I don't Serbian way of playing at all or high balls :S

• tbh it might be a crazy conclusion but to me the 2 favorites right now for OGQ are Turkey and... Poland. Yes, you read that right. NL are just not looking at the right places atm, everything is so rushy and overall messy, I can't see them fix things in such a short time and meanwhile most NL players are having a bad season right now...

Caprara looks at it completely wrong, Laura is one of the reasons this team is not working anymore and when young talents come and older ones seem to fade you HAVE to start giving the young ones the upper hand and cut the biases. Italy built a team around young Egonu at the time,Terzic let Boskovic start over the legend Brakocevic bcs simply it was time. NL has to do the same but they won't and right now they will have the same fate Turkey also kinda had in 2016 vs Italy with the Neslihan, Gözde etc. era. The Netherlands totally fit that role right now and Turkey and Poland can definitely be the Italy of then (which is a top team now)

Could you please tell me who exactly having a good season so far from Turkish NT? Except, Naz, Eda, maybe Cansu, Simge and Zehra. Kubra is out so far with a back injury and we don’t how long it will take or how she will come back. We do know how bad she is when she is not on her top performance. What about Meliha, Hande, Ebrar, Fatma, Seyma? Are they having better seasons compare to Dutch players that makes you think that they are worse compare to Turkey at this moment?

Most of the players from all NTs are having a slow season so far for me except Boskovic and Egonu. I think NL is still one of the main favorite at the moment and yes, they have issues but they might be able to achieve their goal at the end of the day. At least those players are playing in their teams or trying to be better, not just sitting on bench.

Caprara is a weird coach. He might make NL to go Olympics on his first tournament and have them the worst results in the upcoming years. He was known to destroy friendship between players. I wouldn’t choose him. Saying that he will be playing with Djkema over other setters is already a sign of his habit.