• I indeed was right that Alberda was on the stands during the match of Firenze. Both Alberda and Caprara confirm that they are in negotiation, but Alberda says he is going to the USA on Wednesday and maybe after that he is going to Brazil to negotiate with other candidates.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport…-mikt-op-italiaan-caprara

• But again Caprar is head coach of AZE??

• Yes, I think he is headcoach of AZE (I didn't see any news he was fired).

• There will be a press conference this afternoon to announce the new head coach of the Dutch NT. I think it's clear now that Caprara will be the new coach.

• Yeah it is official Caprara is the new head coach

Does it mean Robin is mad at Caprara right now because he left AZE NT two months before qualification tournament?

• Does it mean Robin is mad at Caprara right now because he left AZE NT two months before qualification tournament?

I'm sorry but what has Robin to do with this? Guidetti made some promises to the team and didn't fulfill them. He gave as reason he wanted to spend more time with his daughter. Despite some good alternatives the Dutch federation offered, he quit the job. Thereafter he becomes the new head coach of Turkey. So I think the players had avery right to be angry.

You don't know what the case is whit Caprara, did he still have a contract or didn't he have one? If he still had a contract, it's sad for the Azerbaijan team.

• I guess no, because his contract was expired. Seems they break up with him.

because you never google it.

I tried to google it. Couldn't find any information even on azeri websites :(

If you found it, could you please share the link?

• It's official now indeed, Caprara is the new head coach of the Dutch NT.

He says Olympic qualification will be tough, but he is going to do everything to accomplish the Olympic dream. They have a strong team and it's an advantage they play at home.

Alberda says they chose him, because he is an experienced coach and used to perform under pressure.

https://www.volleybal.nl/nieuw…bondscoach-volleybalsters

• Thanks. I didn't know any of those websites and they are in english 😍

That's different story. Sorry but I was assuming Caprara left them for dutch nt two montha before qualification.

• Okay, Caprara already made his first stupid statement:what::down:

He said: Britt (Bongaerts) plays good, but a experienced setter is better for such an important tournament. Moreover I work every day with Laura.

IMHO you can't say something like this about a player if you haven't worked with her yet and the tournament doesn't take place soon. In this way you doesn't show any trust. Next to that, Bongaerts outplayed Dijkema big time this summer. The best setter just has to play, experienced or not.

• tbh it might be a crazy conclusion but to me the 2 favorites right now for OGQ are Turkey and... Poland. Yes, you read that right. NL are just not looking at the right places atm, everything is so rushy and overall messy, I can't see them fix things in such a short time and meanwhile most NL players are having a bad season right now...

Caprara looks at it completely wrong, Laura is one of the reasons this team is not working anymore and when young talents come and older ones seem to fade you HAVE to start giving the young ones the upper hand and cut the biases. Italy built a team around young Egonu at the time,Terzic let Boskovic start over the legend Brakocevic bcs simply it was time. NL has to do the same but they won't and right now they will have the same fate Turkey also kinda had in 2016 vs Italy with the Neslihan, Gözde etc. era. The Netherlands totally fit that role right now and Turkey and Poland can definitely be the Italy of then (which is a top team now)

• Okay, Caprara already made his first stupid statement:what::down:

He said: Britt (Bongaerts) plays good, but a experienced setter is better for such an important tournament. Moreover I work every day with Laura.

IMHO you can't say something like this about a player if you haven't worked with her yet and the tournament doesn't take place soon. In this way you doesn't show any trust. Next to that, Bongaerts outplayed Dijkema big time this summer. The best setter just has to play, experienced or not.

:wall::wall::wall:

Sure, Dijkema has more experience than Bongaerts now, but then...Bjelica has more experience than Boskovic probably :whistle:

• I honestly don’t see anything wrong in his statement but if THE experienced setter is Dijkema then that’s another damn story. I’d even prefer Stoltenborg as second setter if that could guarantee Bongaerts the starting spot.

• Dijkema is the most mediocre setter among the top teams. Dutch team has great individuals in every position except setter and Libero. Lacking a good libero is something a top team can compensate (just like USA) but without a good setter, I'm already very surprised how much Netherlands achieved in last 4-5 years