• I thought Meijners married a Turkish man and planned in becoming and Turkish citizen? What happened with that?

Is great she's back.... And the annual discussion of why she's not playing for the NT comes finally to 🔚 .

She does not have reception problems. She played OPP last season only because Kaja was not playing well.

• Roster for the olympic qualification tournament is announced. There are 24 players on the list. Eventually it will go back to 14 players.

Setters: Britt Bongaerts (SSC Schwerin), Laura Dijkema (Il Bisonte Firenze) , Sarah van Aalen (USC Münster) and Femke Stoltenborg (Alba Blaj).

Opposite: Lonneke Sloëtjes (Scandicci) and Celeste Plak (Aydin BBSK).

Outside hitters: Maret Balkestein-Grothues (Aydin BBSK) Nika Daalderop (Il Bisento Firenze), Floortje Meijers (Saugella Monza), Anne Buijs (THY), Marrit Japser (Ladies in black Aachen) , Nicole Oude Luttikhuis (SSC Schwerin), Hester Jasper (VFB Sühl) and Annick Meijers (Chieri'76).

Middle blockers: Robin de Kruijf (Imoco volley Conegliano), Yvon Beliën (Galatasaray), Nicole Koolhaas (Yesilyurt), Juliët Lohuis (Allianz MTV Stuttgart) Tessa Polder (Ladies in black Aachen), Eline Timmerman (Team Eurosped), Indy Baijens (ASPTT Mullhouse) and Demi Korevaar (USC Münster).

Libero: Myrthe Schoot (Rote Raben Vilsbiburg) and Kirsten Knip (Alba Blaj).

Floortje Meijners about her comeback:

"I am honored to play for the national team again. I have always followed the national team from a distance and was happy to see the progress made. I am therefore very proud to be part of this team again. "

She says that she used to play for Caprara isn't the reason she comes back. Apparently Guidetti tried to get her back when he was the coach, so I think Caprara is a big part why she comes back. Also the current shape of the players can be a decisive factor. She quit playing for the National team, because she didn't want to give up her whole summer to be on the bench all the time. Now she has a chance to play.

• Easy is enough that coach have Italian passport and then it easier and all want play and listen him. Is not that she will change Nationalty :) this is my opinion in Women volleyball.

So why she wasn't with NT when they had Guidetti?

• Vote for the best volleyball player of the Netherlands in 2019. The nominees are:
    Robin de Kruijf (Imoco volley Conegliano)
    Britt Bongaerts (SSC Schwerin)
    Floortje Meijners (Monza)
    Anne Buijs (THY)
    Sanne Keizer (Beach volleyball)

I think de Kruijf or Bongaerts deserves the award the most. De Kruijf simply the best player in 2019 and Bongaerts has improved the most.

Vote here: https://www.volleybalkrant.nl/…n-volleybalster-van-2019/

• Done! :D

Who won last year? Sloetjes?

• obviously bongaerts! But again, as this is a voting by public maybe the more popular candidate will win.

Must win: bongaerts

Most likely to win: de kruijf

Just my two cents!

• Done! :D

Who won last year? Sloetjes?

In 2018 they didn't hand out the award.

The winners before were:

2013 - Rrobin de Kruijf

2014 - Celeste Plak

2015 - Lonneke Sloëtjes

2016 - Lonneke Sloëtjes

2017 - Laura Dijkema

• Podcast about the upcoming olympic qualification tournament with Buijs, Plak and Alberda.

Buijs said Morrison personally is a very good guy, but he wasn't the right coach for the Dutch team anymore. The team had no confidence left in Morrison, so they didn't want to fight with him for the last chance to qualify for the olympics.

They are excited to play with Caprara, because they heard good things about him. His most important job is that the team gets their confidence back and they are more flexible during the match, so they can chance the tactics.

They already started training and today the last players who play in Italy will come. Plak said that everyone in the team is excited and ready to fight for the last chance. It's not clear yet which role the players will have. For example if Plak will play as outside hitter or opposite.

They are very happy that Meijners is finally back with the national team. She is a strong player and has lot of experience, so she can help the team a lot.

Of course Poland and Turkey are strong opponents, who are tough to beat. If they can get their confidence back, so they can play their own game, they are capable to beat every team.

Finally Plak said she is very proud of the Dutch fans. Many opponents told the team they love playing in the Netherlands, because the fans are very respectful and celebrate in a good way. Almost every day is sold out already:drink:

https://www.volleybal.nl/nieuw…ncurrent-dat-zijn-we-zelf

• Caprara announced the list of 15 players he will take with him on practice games in Germany. On sunday they will travel to Germany. They are going to play 3 games against each other. One player has to be cut from the list for the olympic qualification tournament starts.

The 15 players are:

Setter: Britt Bongaerts (Schwerin) and Laura Dijkema (Firenze).

Opposite: Lonneke Sloëtjes (Scandicci) and Celeste Plak (Aydin).

Outside hitters: Maret Balkestein-Grothues (Aydin), Floortje Meijners (Monza), Anne Buijs (THY), Nika Daalderop (Firenze) and Marrit Jasper (Aachen).

Middle blockers: Robin de Kruijf (Conegliano), Yvon Beliën (Galatasaray), Nicole Koolhaas (Yesilyurt) and Juliet Lohuis (Stuttgart).

Libero: Myrthe Schoot (Vilsbiburg) and Kirsten Knip (Alba Blaj).

So Floortje Meijners is still with the team!:dance6: My guess is he will cut one outside hitter from the list, probably Jasper. He also could choose to cut one of the middle blockers, which will be on of Lohuis or Koolhaas. Probably Lohuis, because Koolhaas is having a good season so far in Turkey. I think Japser is the best option, although she keeps improving. But her reception isn't going to help the team, so I will cut her.

https://www.volleybal.nl/nieuw…oefenstage-naar-duitsland

• Without Jasper, all other 3 OH are the same type of players. In the case of Groutheus's injury, Ned will be very vulnerable with any combination of Buijs, Meijners, Daalderop:whistle:

I'd rather keep Jasper and cut Lohuis. I don't think she will be used at all anyways and in the case of injury of Belien/Robin, Koolhaas can replace them easily with her current shape

• Without Jasper, all other 3 OH are the same type of players. In the case of Groutheus's injury, Ned will be very vulnerable with any combination of Buijs, Meijners, Daalderop:whistle:

I'd rather keep Jasper and cut Lohuis. I don't think she will be used at all anyways and in the case of injury of Belien/Robin, Koolhaas can replace them easily with her current shape

I doubt that Grothues won't be there. She is the captain of the team and she probably can be used in the backcourt, as she did the last matches in Aydin.Grothues is the only reliable receiver in the team, jasper by far isn't on the same level as Grothues... If they want to stabilise the reception, they should use on of Knip or Schoot as serve receive substitution. But they are unstable liberos, so they need a back-up. I just wish Pilon-Stam was with the team, she did such a great job as a libero:flower:

• I doubt that Grothues won't be there. She is the captain of the team and she probably can be used in the backcourt, as she did the last matches in Aydin.Grothues is the only reliable receiver in the team, jasper by far isn't on the same level as Grothues... If they want to stabilise the reception, they should use on of Knip or Schoot as serve receive substitution. But they are unstable liberos, so they need a back-up. I just wish Pilon-Stam was with the team, she did such a great job as a libero:flower:

I agree, Stam was one of the rare cases that a good receiver OH indeed turned into be a good libero as well:heart:

• Celeste Plak has an Achilles tendon injury... The player who will be cut from the roster will depend on her recovery.