• De Kruijf won "de Ingrid Visser" Award for the best female volleyball player of 2019.

De Kruijf was preferred by the jury above Britt Bongaerts, who received more points from the fans with a small difference.

The jury report says:

"De Kruijf is very successful at her club, in both national and international competitions. And with the national team, she performed very well and stayed at her normal level where others did not perform well".

IMHO a good and deserved winner:flower:

I would have liked if Bongaerts won it, but I hope it gives her convidence and she develop a lot more. She can become the real leader in a couple of years for the NT!:super:

• Today the Netherlands played 2 friendly games against Germany. Dutch NT won both matches.

It seems Caprara already made his choice who will be the starting team.

"A Squads"

1-2 (23-25, 20-25 and 25-22)

Netherlands:

Dijkema, Sloëtjes (12), Meijners (11), Buijs (11), de Kruijf (9), Beliën (6) and schoot.

Germany:

Hanke (2), Drewniok (13), Orthmann (16), Geerties (9), Scholzel (8), Weizel (8) and Pogany.

"B Squads"

1-3 (25-23, 17-25, 21-25, 13-15)

Netherlands:

Bongaerts (4), Daalderop (16), Japser (13), Balkestein-Grothues (12), Koolhaas (10), Lohuis (8), Knip.

Germany:

Mollers (1), Vanjak (18), Poll (14), Stigrot (3), Barber (3), Ambrosius (5), Grundig (9) and Bock.

• So Plak is out? And Nika played as opp?

• So Plak is out? And Nika played as opp?

Plak has an Achilles tendon injury, so thats the reason she didn't play. Nika Daalderop indeed played as opposite.

• So Plak isnt available for OQT?

Isn't sure yet, it depends on her recovery.

• Just speechless at what I witnessed this OQT.

Caprara rather sink the ship than get Dijkema out.

Why does he take 4 MB's to this tournament and then keep Ghost-Belien in.

But in the end it is the fault of the girls themselves, They wanted Morrison out and they had decision in selection of a new coach. Now the got an equal or even larger mess. I don't like his vision of playing the tallest girls. Reception was shit all match but still he can't start a set with the team captain Maret?

I hope that he decides to step down himself now he's not going to Olympics.

• I totally agree with you. Now I hope all word understand that Italian coaches are not god and I hope Federation understand that players are not so important to fired and choose new coache. On the end coach and sport director from Federation must go for me after this loos.

• I totally agree with you. Now I hope all word understand that Italian coaches are not god and I hope Federation understand that players are not so important to fired and choose new coache. On the end coach and sport director from Federation must go for me after this loos.

With this logic, you think Poland should keep Nawrocki although they don't want him at all?

• Caprara is not a magician, no one should have expected a big improvement after a few weeks. I think she should stay, there are not many good trainers free to pick for anyways.

I am curious if Meijners will stay in the team or she will turn her team down again since she won't be playing in OG? I think NED should finally make their overdue generation change. I don't expect Grothues, Schoot and Meijners would be playing in 2022 WCh, I would also doubt if Sloetjes, Dijkema, Buijs, De Kruijf and Koolhaas would be still play on a high level for 2024 Paris.

NED should build a team around Knip, Belien, Plak, Bongaerts, Lohuis, Jasper, Daalderop. This wouldn't be very strong starting line up but Dutch should start from somewhere if they are aiming for Paris