Korean NT 2019

• Thanks blue1234

Personally, I don't consider this event not as a NT vs NT match but rather a league vs league match-up.

I don't know who selects the Thai players, but for the Korean side KOVO which run the Korean League selects the players and not the Korean Volleyball Association (KVA) who are in charges of the NTs.

Btw I will post the list of the Korean players going to Thailand later in the Sth. Korean League thread.

• i'm not sure who or how the Thai players will be selected either, but I think they will be from their nt pools of players? The Korean rooster of players you listed, seems most are from their nt pool of players as well?

either way, I think of it as a friendly match between the two nations, no matter who really participates or not :)

• i'm not sure who or how the Thai players will be selected either, but I think they will be from their nt pools of players? The Korean rooster of players you listed, seems most are from their nt pool of players as well?

either way, I think of it as a friendly match between the two nations, no matter who really participates or not :)

If you think about it, the star players are usually the NT players and vice versa.

• The roster of Korean-Thailand Pro Volleyball All Star Super Match:

S - Cho Song-hwa, Lee Da-yeong

OP - Park Jeong-ah, Kim Hee-jin, Jung Ho-young, Moon Jung-won

OH - Lee Jae-yeong, Lee So-young, Kang So-hwi, Go Ye-rim
    MB - Kim Su-ji, Bae Yoo-na, Lee Ju-ah, Park Eun-jin

L - Kim Hae-ran, Oh Ji-young

Kim Hee-jin, Bae Yoo-na and Moon Jung-won return NT.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• The correct roster for the Korean side can be found here

Hyundai E&C Jeong Ji-Yun is in the squad and not Jung Ho-young.

Btw this is Korean squad for the Korea-Thailand match is not an official NT squad. Yes, most (possibly all) of these players will very likely be in the official NT but I wouldn't call this squad an official Korean NT. As mentions in my discussion with blue1234 previously, this is because these players were selected by Korean Volleyball Federation (KOVO). KOVO are responsible for the running of the Korean V-League and hence they were able to appointed Park Mi-Hee from Heungkuk as the head coach for the squad.

Korean Volleyball Association (KVA) are responsible for various Korean NTs and they have recently appointed Italian Stefano Lavarini as the new head coach for the WNT. Lavarini will be selecting/announcing the players for NT when he comeback to Korea in late April.

• Lavarini has named the 18 players who'll participate in VNL.

OH: Lee So-young(GS Caltex), Kang So-hwi(GS Caltex), Lee Jae-young(Heungkuk), Moon Jung-won(Hi-Pass)

MB: Kim Se-young(Heungkuk), Lee Ju-ah(Heungkuk), Kim Su-ji(IBK), Jung Dae-young(Hi-Pass), Park Eun-jin(KGC)

OPP: Pyo Seung-ju(IBK), Kim Hee-jin(IBK), Jung Ji-yoon(also MB)(Hyundai E&C)

S: Lee Hyo-hee(Hi-Pass), Ahn Hye-jin(GS Caltex), Lee Da-young(Hyundai E&C)

Li: Kim Hae-ran(Heungkuk), Kim Yeon-gyeon(Hyundai E&C), Oh Ji-young(KGC)

+ Wide Roster for VNL:

Kim Yeon-koung(Eczacibasi), Go Ye-rim(Hyundai E&C), Choi Eun-ji(KGC), Bae Yoona(Hi-Pass), Lee Won-jeong(Hi-Pass), Im Myeong-ok(Hi-Pass), Lee Na-yeon(IBK)

+ Spare Entry(I used google translate for this)(Maybe this is reserved entry?):

Han Su-ji(KGC), Kim Hyun-jeong(GS Caltex), Jung Seon-ah(Hi-Pass), Ha Hye-jin(Hi-Pass), Jung Ho-young(Seon Myeong Girls High School)

Source here.

- Kim Yeon-Koung will take a break so I think she'll not play in VNL.

- Yang Hyo-jin is injured as far as I know.

- Park Jeong-Ah will undergo an ankle surgery on the 23rd and will be out for 3-4 months. Source.

• Jung Dae-young and Kim Se-young :what::what:

Although JDY is still one of the best MB in Korea, it looks like Korea travel into Athens Olympics.

• The 18 players for the VNL that nnnneil0929 posted will begin training on April 28th at Jincheon Athlete's Village under the supervision of assistant coach Kang Seong-Hyung. Head coach Stefano Lavarini will return to Korea sometime in early May (no fixed date as it will depend on when the Brazilian finals end).

According to an article from Yonhap News, Kang stated that they expect KYK to join up with the NT on May 19th and take part in week 3 of VNL. Kang also added that KYK wanted to return for the week 2 of VNL due to her strong sense of responsibility.

Also Lee So-Young will need to decide if she will take out the pins from her knee surgery 2 years ago or stay with the NT squad. If she does decide to take out the pins, then 3-4 weeks of rest will be needed.

Park Jeong-Ah want to return fit and health for the Olympic qualifiers hence the surgery before the VNL.

Yang Hyo-Jin injured her finger during practice for her last league match of the season and soon after had surgery. YHJ is also taking time to rest and have treatment for her shoulder too. Like PJA she plan to be back for the Olympic qualifiers (link to my original post about YHJ injuries).

Jung Dae-young and Kim Se-young :what::what:

Although JDY is still one of the best MB in Korea, it looks like Korea travel into Athens Olympics.

From the Yunhap article that I linked up top, Kang was quoted saying something like "There is a mix of young and old players for the MB position and head coach Lavarini wanted to test the players himself".

Based on google translate and my assumption, I believe the 18 players list is the training roster, the 25 players list is the candidate or wide roster, and the 30 players list is the preliminary roster.

The various squad lists provided by Korean Volleyball Association: 1, 2, 3

• News Update:

Lavarini has named three additional foreign staffs for the Korean NT.

Cesar Hernandez González (Spain) - Assistant Coach Athletic Trainer for Italian team Savino Del Bene Volley Scandicci

Massimo Merazzi (Italian) - Athletic Trainer for Italian team Cucine Lube Civitanova

Andrea Biasioli (Italian) - Power Analyst/Statistician

Merazzi will join up with the team in Serbia when they go there for the VNL.

Due to personal schedule, Biasioli is unable to join up with the team until June and will be temporarily replaced by Tommaso Barbato until Biasioli arrival.

Whilst Lavarini is scheduled to meet up with the Korean NT on May 10th (I think González will come on the same day).

Sources: 1, 2

• News Update:

• Veteran MB Kim Se-Young (KSY) and libero Kim Hae-Ran (KHR) will not participate in the VNL, with both players leaving the NT on April 30th. KSY is reportedly retiring from national duties as she want to give other players the opportunity and hence she decided to retire after discussing it with the assistant coach Kang Seong-Hyung. Kim Hae-Ran on the other hand wants to focus on rehabilitation for her chronic knee injury. Not 100% sure but I think KHR is planning to come back to the NT for the Olympic qualifiers.

No replacement was made for KHR in the libero position but KGC MB Han Soo-Ji (HSJ) was called in as replacement for KSY. HSJ has since joined up with the NT on May 2nd at Jincheon Athlete's Village. Sources: 1, 2
    • Stefano Lavarini arrived in South Korea today this afternoon and will joined up with the team tomorrow on the 8th. Sources: 1, 2, 3
  • KGC MB Han Soo-Ji

:rose:

• News Update:

• A big blow for the Korean NT, with news coming out today from the Korea Volleyball Association (KVA) that OH Lee Jae-Yeong (LJY) is out of the VNL because of a knee injury. As a result of LJY's injury, KGC OH Choi Eun-Ji has been called into the training squad by KVA as her replacement.

LJY has been training with the NT at Jincheon Athlete's Village since April 28th, but the knee cartilage area on her left knee has become more painful. She was examined at a hospital and was diagnosed with having a ruptured lateral meniscus and a damaged lateral femoral cartilage on her left knee. KVA has decided to let LJY leave the NT and return to Heungkuk to concentrate on her rehabilitation.

Sorry, there was no indication in the articles of how long the injury will keep LJY out for. Sources: 1, 2, 3
    • Kim Yeon-Koung (KYK) arrived back in South Korea on May 8th and was greeted by the KVA officials and NT coaching staffs including Lavarini at the airport upon her return. It was reported that after the brief meeting, they went somewhere else to have dinner and continued their talks.

As previously mentioned, KYK will continue her holiday and will later join up with the NT for the 3rd week of the VNL. Source: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
  • Bummer news there on the LJY front :(

• Further bummer news for the Korean NT.

News Update:

• It has been reported that OH Lee So-Young (LSY) has also been released from the NT training squad. LSY joined up with the NT later than the other members after having pins removed from her knee last month. Since joining the training squad she has been focusing on her rehabilitation. However, it was decided that she was not able to train in the near future due to post-operation complication/after-effect.

From one of the reports, my understanding is that Moon Jung-Won will cover for LSY in Week 1 & 2 of the VNL and LSY will return for week 3 & 4 (no mention of week 5?). Sources: 1, 2, 3
    • The full list of the coaching staffs and supporting staffs for the NT.

• Here is the South Korean NT roster for week 1 & 2 of the VNL:

• #2. PYO Seung-Ju [OP]
    • #4 KIM Hee-Jin [OP]
    • #5. LEE Hyo-Hee [S]
    • #9. LEE Ju-Ah [MB]
    • #11. KIM Su-Ji [MB]
    • #12. JUNG Dae-Young [MB]
    • #14. PARK Eun-Jin [MB]
    • #15. KANG So-Hwi [OH]
    • #16. KIM Yeon-Gyeon [Li]
    • #18. MOON Jung-Won [OH]
    • #19. LEE Da-Yeong [S]
    • #20. OH Ji-Young [Li]
    • #22. JEONG Ji-Yun [OP]
    • #30. CHOI Eun-Ji [OH]

From the remaining training squad players, setter An Hye-Jin and middle blocker Han Soo-Ji was omitted from the NT for VNL week 1 & 2.

Sources: 1, 2

Team and individual photos:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxfSHHxgn_Z/

https://gall.dcinside.com/mgal…womanvolleyball&no=621622

https://gall.dcinside.com/mgal…womanvolleyball&no=622005

• Will KYK play next week ?

• Will KYK play next week ?

theloneracer's words: the same players in week 1 & 2

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan