Korean NT 2019

• I was wondering why I read they lost 3 out of 3 games with only win 1 set in the 1st week...

Turn out because No KYK, Lee JY, Yang Hyo Jin, Park JA , and no Lee SooYoung as well.. basically no hitter.. no wonder....

With new coach team, young players, I hope they get better in week 2 and move up from the bottom rank....

• News Update:

• Beside the inclusion of KYK, it looks like there will be further changes to the Korean roster for Week 3. From an article that came out today, it was reported that along with KYK, setter An Hye-Jin (AHJ) and middle blocker Han Soo-Ji (HSJ) will joined up with the NT today (May 27th). From my understandings, all 3 players will be included in the Korean roster for Week 3 of the VNL. Source: 1

Will KYK play next week ?

maybe somewhat different from week 1, according to some rumors

No, KYK will not play in week 2 and the latest news update (above) back this up. I am also curious to know where you read/heard these rumours from.

As previously mentioned, KYK will continue her holiday and will later join up with the NT for the 3rd week of the VNL. Source: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

I was wondering why I read they lost 3 out of 3 games with only win 1 set in the 1st week...

Turn out because No KYK, Lee JY, Yang Hyo Jin, Park JA , and no Lee SooYoung as well.. basically no hitter.. no wonder....

With new coach team, young players, I hope they get better in week 2 and move up from the bottom rank....

Korea has no chance in this year VNL. At the moment, they are missing their top four OHs and in my opinion, they will be lucky not to finish dead last.

Lee Jae-Yeong and Park Jeong-Ah are definitely out for the entire VNL. As Lee So-Young did not fly out with KYK, AHJ, and HSJ to meet up with the team, I feel like there is now a big question mark on whether she will take part in the VNL at all. But hopefully, KYK will be back for week 3 as planned.

• As mentioned in my previous post, KYK, An Hye-Jin and Han Soo-Ji were added to the team roster for week 3 of VNL in Lincoln, USA.

Here is the South Korean NT roster for week 3 of the VNL:

• #2. PYO Seung-Ju [OP]
    • #4. KIM Hee-Jin [OP]
    • #6. AN Hye-Jin [S]
    • #9. LEE Ju-Ah [MB]
    • #11. KIM Su-Ji [MB]
    • #10. KIM Yeon-Koung
    • #14. PARK Eun-Jin [MB]
    • #15. KANG So-Hwi [OH]
    • #16. KIM Yeon-Gyeon [Li]
    • #19. LEE Da-Yeong [S]
    • #20. OH Ji-Young [Li]
    • #22. JEONG Ji-Yun [OP]
    • #26. HAN Soo-Ji [MB]
    • #30. CHOI Eun-Ji [OH]

Source: 1

In:

• #6. AN Hye-Jin
    • #10. KIM Yeon-Koung
    • #26. HAN Soo-Ji

Out:

• #5. LEE Hyo-Hee [S]
    • #12. JUNG Dae-Young [MB]
    • #18. MOON Jung-Won [OH]

BTW, the three players (LEE Hyo-Hee, JUNG Dae-Young, MOON Jung-Won) who were omitted for Week 3 are all from Korea Expressway Hi-pass.

ICYMI the news update in the Korean V-League thread, middle blocker Han Soo-Ji (formerly of KGC) was traded to GS Caltex yesterday (pending medicals for all players involved in the trade).

In the news video below, it looks like KYK was training with Hyundai E&C in order to prepare for VNL. Hyundai is based in Suwon and if I recall correctly, KYK's home is also in Suwon. Also, MB Yang Hyo-Jin is still recovering from the finger injury she got just before the V-League season ended and had to have surgery for.

• News Update:

• Korean MB Kim Su-Ji (KSJ) has been ruled out of the remaining VNL competition. KSJ returned to South Korea yesterday (May 31st) along with Lee Hyo-Hee, Jung Dae-Young, and Moon Jung-Won. An IBK official confirmed that they went to the hospital today and KSJ was diagnosed with an abdominal muscle rupture (1.8cm). She will need to 2-3 weeks of recovery time and she can start ball training in 4 weeks time. Source: 1
  • :(

• Sorry, KVA still have not yet posted the roster for week 4 on their website. However, from various Korean reports (1, 2, 3), the team is basically the same as week 3 with the addition of MB Jung Dae-Young (JDY). Due to MB Kim Su-Ji been ruled out because of injury (pls refer to my previous post), JDY who was supposed to be rested for week 4 has decided to return to the team.

Here is the likely roster for South Korea in week 4 of the VNL:

• #2. PYO Seung-Ju [OP]
    • #4. KIM Hee-Jin [OP]
    • #6. AN Hye-Jin [S]
    • #9. LEE Ju-Ah [MB]
    • #10. KIM Yeon-Koung
    • #14. PARK Eun-Jin [MB]
    • #15. KANG So-Hwi [OH]
    • #19. LEE Da-Yeong [S]
    • #20. OH Ji-Young [Li]
    • #22. JEONG Ji-Yun [OP]
    • #26. HAN Soo-Ji [MB]
    • #30. CHOI Eun-Ji [OH]

In:

• No changes in the South Korean's roster for week 5. Despite rolling her ankle, Jung Dae-Young was still included in the line-up.

• #2. PYO Seung-Ju [OP]
    • #4. KIM Hee-Jin [OP]
    • #6. AN Hye-Jin [S]
    • #9. LEE Ju-Ah [MB]
    • #10. KIM Yeon-Koung
    • #14. PARK Eun-Jin [MB]
    • #15. KANG So-Hwi [OH]
    • #19. LEE Da-Yeong [S]
    • #20. OH Ji-Young [Li]
    • #22. JEONG Ji-Yun [OP]
    • #26. HAN Soo-Ji [MB]
    • #30. CHOI Eun-Ji [OH]

Source: 1

• theloneracer I hope you were watching VNL. S Korea started killing it on Home Court the last week

• Official Korean NT squad for Intercontinental Olympic Qualification Tournament in August.

Outside hitters:

• KIM Yeon-koung (Eczacıbaşı)

• KANG So-hwi (GS Caltex)

• LEE Jae-yeong (Heungkuk Life)

• LEE So-young (GS Caltex)

• PYO Seung-ju (IBK Altos)

Middle blockers:

• LEE Ju-ah (Heungkuk Life)

• KIM Su-ji (IBK Altos)

• JUNG Dae-young (KEC Hi-pass)

• YANG Hyo-jin (Hyundai E&C)

Opposites:

• KIM Hee-jin (IBK Altos)

• HA Hye-jin (KEC Hi-pass)

Setters:

• LEE Da-yeong (Hyundai E&C)

• LEE Na-yeon (IBK Altos)

• AN Hye-jin (GS Caltex)

Liberos:

• KIM Hae-ran (Heungkuk Life)

• OH Ji-young (KGC Ginseng)

Unfortunately Park Jeong-ah is still recovering from ankle injury and won't be able to join her teammates.

Source: 1, 2

• News Update:

• Look like Korea also lost Kang So-Hwi (KSH) for the Intercontinental Olympic Qualifiers next month in Russia. KSH could not joined the NT for training because of an abdominal muscle injury (rupture of the left external radial muscle). The reports cited that it will take her six weeks for treatment and rehabilitation. Source: 1, 2, 3

In case anyone is interested, below are the players who were listed on the preliminary roster for the IOQ but were omitted from the training squad.

OH - Kim Mi-Youn (Heungkuk), Moon Jung-Won (KEC Hi-pass), Choi Eun-Ji (KGC) + Kang So-Hwi (GS Caltex)

MB - Han Song-Yi (KGC), Park Eun-Jin (KGC)

OP - Jeong Ji-Yun (Hyundai)

S - Lee Hyo-Hee (KEC Hi-pass), Cho Song-Hwa (Heungkuk)

Li - Kim Yeon-Gyeon (Hyundai)

Source: 1, 2

theloneracer I hope you were watching VNL. S Korea started killing it on Home Court the last week

Yeah, I did watch most of the Korean VNL matches but not very closely though.

Playing at home sure did help them but In my opinion, Korea got really lucky avoiding finishing last in the ranking thanks largely due to Poland resting their key players in their final VNL match. Against the Dominican Republic, Korea basically gave that match away by choking in the 3rd & 4th set but against Japan, they did play better.

To tell you the truth, watching their earlier matches in the VNL left me a bit frustrated, particularly with some of the silly attacking decisions they made. For example, wasting good attacking opportunities by playing a tip shot over the opponent blockers when most of the opponent backcourt players were already crowding around in the area behind the blockers.

• Bummer on all these Korean injuries. Wow. I'm new-ish to this but I've never seen an entire starting lineup (practically) go boom like this. I feel bad for them all and wish them the best.

For me this VNL Korean NT (Hybrid a,b,c, whatever-team you want to call it) just got better after playing together for a while this VNL. And it helped that they got to finish at home. I could see the confidence growing on their faces--one of the reasons I love love love the VNL. I think the new coach is going to be good for them--even if I'm not fond of his Euro-style emotive facial shenanigans. :)

• At the very least they got Lee Jae-Yeong and Lee So-Young back.

The one other thing I'm happy to see is the reunion of the Lee twins and Ha Hye-Jin. I think this is the first time they are together again since their junior NT and high school days (;( I hadn't started watching volleyball yet).

• Korean NT's roster has been announced.

Wing Spiker : KIM Yeonkoung, LEE Jaeyeong, LEE Soyoung, PYO Seungju

Opposite Spiker : KIM Heejin, HA Hyejin

Middle Blocker : YANG Hyojin, JEONG Daeyoung, KIM Suji, LEE Juah

Setter : LEE Dayeong, AN Hyejin

Libero : KIM Haeran, OH Jiyoung

And according to the Korean Volleyball Association, Korean NT will move to Belgrade, Serbia, for training from July 24-30. Also it will play a friendly with Serbian NT in Belgrade because of the same time slot between Kaliningrad and Belgrade.

• According to korean media, Lee dayeong has partial achilles tendon rupture. An hyejin has hyperventilation syndrome, so she can't play either. So korean volleyball federation decided to change all setters. Lee hyohee and Lee nayeon are going to participate in ICQT. They will immediately go to russia if the visa is issued.

• Korean NT for the Asian Women's Volleyball Championship

Outside Hitter: LEE So-Young, KIM Yeon-Koung, LEE Jae-Yeong, PYO Seung-Ju

Opposite Spiker: KIM Hee-Jin, HA Hye-jin

Middle Blocker: LEE Ju-Ah, PARK Eun-Jin, KIM Su-Ji, YANG Hyo-Jin

Setter: YEOM Hye-Seon, LEE Na-Yeon

Libero: KIM Hae-Ran, OH Ji-Young

Sources: 1, 2

In: YEOM Hye-Seon and PARK Eun-Jin

Out: LEE Hyo-Hee and JUNG Dae-Young

• Korean NT for the FIVB Women's Volleyball World Cup

Outside Hitter: KIM Yeon-Koung, LEE So-Young, LEE Jae-Yeong, KANG So-Hwi

Opposite Spiker: KIM Hee-Jin, PARK Jeong-Ah, HA Hye-jin

Middle Blocker: KIM Su-Ji, YANG Hyo-Jin, PARK Eun-Jin

Setter: YEOM Hye-Seon, LEE Da-Yeong

Libero: KIM Hae-Ran, OH Ji-Young

Sources: 1, 2, 3

In: KANG So-Hwi, PARK Jeong-Ah, LEE Da-Yeong

Out: PYO Seung-Ju, LEE Ju-Ah, LEE Na-Yeon

Let's hope this time everyone stays fit and healthy.

• South Korea U18 NT for the 2019 FIVB Girls' U18 World Championship

Outside Hitter: CHONG Hyo-Jin, SEO You-Kyeong, PARK Su-Yeon, KIM Jeong-A

Opposite Spiker: CHOI Jeong-Min, HAN Mi-Reu, PARK Eun-Seo

Middle Blocker: LEE Seon-Woo, LEE Hyun-Ji,

Setter: PARK Hye-Jin, PARK Sa-Rang

Libero: KIM Su-Bin

Coach: SEO Dong-Sun

Source: https://www.kva.or.kr:40946/korean/viewtopic.php?t=104305