Korean NT 2019

• What is their expectations for this tournament?

Not too sure, I haven't heard anything in the Korean media about the U18 tournament.

Personally, I don't expect much from them, after all they only managed to get 4th at last year U17 Asian Championship.

Just over half of the team that played at the U17 Asian Championship was named for this team (Players' name in Red below).

IMHO, the very minimum for this team is get to the Round of 16. And if they are very lucky with the draws... hmmm maybe top 8.

• The South Korean team is indeed the Asian #2, stronger than the Japanese team nowadays. The KOR NT A has beaten the JPN NT A in the last three occasions: in the bronze medal match in the 2018 ASIAN GAMES in Jakarta (which is the most important QUADRENNIAL Multi-Sport Event in the Asia Continent); in the 2019 VNL; and now here, at the 2019 World Cup. Ignoring the FIVB's World Ranking, strictly based on the REAL strength, the South Korean team has been showing that the team is stronger than the Japanese squad. The best of KOR is exceeding the best of JPN at present!

The South Korean squad showed they were even more determined than the host team to win the match! The current team simply cannot lose to this Japanese team for many reasons, but the national pride is the #1, in particular under the current atmosphere between the two nations. KOR may lose to CHN, DOM, RUS and so forth, but this team just cannot accept defeat from JPN!!

Just watch their fighting spirit and tension built in the match vs JPN!!

This show further sends bad, threatening signals to the Thai team. The Thais will be facing the uphill battle to win the last ticket to the 2020 OG in Tokyo!

AVC REAL STRENGTH: 1.CHN 2.KOR 3.JPN 4.THA 5.KAZ etc

For the individual player's performance of this KOR team in this match: the captain, Kim Yeon Koung was clearly the anchor; but Lee Jae Yeong and

Kim Su Ji were the other members who shone more than their teammates, but the setter Lee Da Yeong also delivered as well as Yang Hyo Jin and

Kim Hee Jin.... the South Korea's strongest line-up after so many years!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Only if Korea can bring the same fighting spirit to the rest of their games. The South Korean team has the potential to beat out the bigger players like RUS and NET. I know they can. They just need to fix their defense and speed.

• For some reason Korea has just kicked itself into a higher gear for me. The LEE twins, sure. Goes without saying. I've mentioned before that Kim Suji is the most beautiful Korean volleyball player who's ever lived. Jiyoung Oh and her sassy attitude :rose: And now, Kang Sohwi is just blowing me away. Her serve is so intimidating. She jumps off the ceiling for back court attacks. She is an absolute speed demon. Athletic is an understatement to describe her. And she's cute as a button* :heart:

*I've never understood that metaphor/analogy thing but I'm using it anyway

• This always happens to me. I mention enjoying Kim Suji, Oh Jiyoung, and Kang Sohwi and those must be the only three players with no court time in this match v Argentina. Unless they all started and got yanked before I tuned in.

• This always happens to me. I mention enjoying Kim Suji, Oh Jiyoung, and Kang Sohwi and those must be the only three players with no court time in this match v Argentina. Unless they all started and got yanked before I tuned in.

Only Kim Su-Ji, she started the game in Set 1 and the youngster MB Park Eun-Jin started for Set 2. Oh Ji-Young and Kang So-Hwi haven't been used yet.

http://worldcup.2019.fivb.com/…0374-korea-argentina/post

• Only Kim Su-Ji, she started the game in Set 1 and the youngster MB Park Eun-Jin started for Set 2. Oh Ji-Young and Kang So-Hwi haven't been used yet.

http://worldcup.2019.fivb.com/…0374-korea-argentina/post

lol, yeah , it dawned on me right after I posted that I could go look it up :aww:

• I'm honestly curious but Team Korea fans, do you think KYK or ZT is better? Obviously, KYK's prime times are slowly waning away and ZT is younger but if they were the same age, how'd you rate those guys against each other?

• I prefer KYK (in her prime) over ZT... But I'm a little bit biased too bc i love with all my heart that Fenerbahce with Kim...

• KYK too. Because she can receive well too! Imagine if she has team mates as good as Zhu's.