Free Ball - The Volleyball Podcast.

• Wow. What a surprise! I personally would love to see(listen to) a more diverse pod, but I understand communication could be a problem with players/coaches who don't really speak English.

Keep up the good work!

• Please invite Matt Anderson!!!

Also would love to listen to:

Male players: Enrico Cester, Jiri Kovar, Lucas Saatkamp, Ivan Zaytsev, Krisztian Padar.

Female players: Zhu Ting, Milena Rasic, Robin De Kruijf, Anna Danesi, Jovana Stevanović.:love::love::love::love:

• His dream team is Zhu, Kim, Bosko, a couple old timer MBs whose names I couldn't catch, rounded out by, in his opinion, the best Libero in the world -- Kotoe Inoue. He mentioned she and Tashiro, who play for his club team, don't speak English, which spoils my theory that Kotoe was the glue for Brankica in JT, and that's why Brankica seems so distant and removed this year (since Kotoe isn't there).

JT has 2 Liberos one is Kotoe Inoue 井上琴绘, another one is Kobata Mako 小幡 真子. Both of them are in JT and Japan National Team.

Kobata Mako is the captain of JT and always be the first Libero on the court. So there was less chance for Kotoe Inoue to be in the court. So she ever said that it's difficult to maintain a good competition status with so little playing time. That's the reason Kotoe Inoue left JT.

• Isabelle Haak, Paola Egonu, Zehra Güneş, Louisa Lippmann, Melissa Vargas, Malwina Smarzek, Britt Herbots oh and Samantha BriKio (:lol:) are some names that come to mind for me. Would love to see maybe some of these and of course also some more experienced players.

FreeballPodcast I already shared the podcast with some friends after finding about it here, keep up the good work! :thumbup:

• Good job guys! I like the choices of guests so far. I like dream team part of the podcast. It would be also nice to ask them about the players in their position they look up to or about their best friends in the nt or club team. Alternatively we can make a thread where forum users can come up with their own question of which you may ask a few during the podcast

• Good news! Looking forward to new podcasts!

• pope Did you get the new one?

The new one is out!

🏐🏐🏐EPISODE 7🏐🏐🏐 This week, Lewie is Joined by special guest host Mark Garcia-Kidd, part of the GB beach program and all-round volleyball legend. We look into the world of players playing professionally for the first time. We catch up with 2 different players enjoying completely different experiences in different teams, leagues and countries.

Brenden Sander (USA) and Ana Sofia Jusino (Puerto Rico) both graduated from college last year, Sanders journey has see him travel in his brothers foot steps to the prestigious Cucine Lube Civitanova in Italy where he is playing in one the of worlds most glamorous rosters. Jusino's first contract has seen her land in the unlikely destination of Altay Volleyball Club in Kazakstan - this episode is insightful and not to be missed.

Listen to us on iTunes, Spotify and anywhere else you get your podcasts. Don't forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook!

Linktr.ee/freeballpodcast

Insta = Freeballpodcast

Facebook = Freeball The Volleyball Podcast

• Loving the podcast. I'd love to hear a few more discussions about the hot topics in the sport like the part about burnout and the hectic schedule. What do you guys think about the new scoring system being tried by the Indian League? Do you think it would actually raise the viewing numbers for games?

• I remember this system was used in U23 Wch and rember hating it :thumbdown: not for me...

I think I agree with what Ferhat said about volleyball's CL and how it seems like Volleyball does not grow whereas sports like football and more recently basketball have made a name for their sports with their format, CL should indeed consist of only the best of the best even when the bests are not that well spread throughout Europe. Also I think CEV Cup and Challenge Cup need a format change, maybe even just 1 secondary merged cup instead of 2. These are some hot topics imo at the moment.

VNL could be a great tournament if FIVB didn't screw it up for themselves, what is that schedule even? I'm sorry but it's unacceptable and then it gets 0 meaning for all those weeks travelling around the world in the FIVB ranking :aww:no wonder players dislike it so much.

FIVB ranking is also a great topic to talk about and how it makes completely no sense atm. Teams should know how much points they can get in each tournament before they enter it... Lmao. Not 1 year after its done... Recent tournaments should have more impact then tours from years ago, or even just some impact at all would be a great start.

Sorry for being so negative lol but these are some topics I'm interested in and have seen many users talk/complain about throughout the years.

• I thought the problem was games ending too fast. Wasn't there some talk of trying to make the games last longer? I thought there was some idea about playing best of 7 to make even a blow out game last longer for the fans.

• Yeah I agree. I think they're trying to cram too much stuff in. They should just have a few things but make them the absolute best they can be.

• 15 points for one set is so boring and lack of competition.

FIVB did tried it out at U-23 World Championship 2017. 15 points system is the one which sabotage the intensive atmosphere. I think one of the charm of volleyball is to see a team come back from weaker start.

And 25 points for 1 set is totally reasonable and acceptable as it averagely cost 30 minutes per set which is good for commercial break.

More to FIVB should consider is how to balance technical time out and challenge, currently you can break the games so many time by having 2 technical time outs and using 2 challenges. It's not the way I enjoy volleyball.

• What about timed games? All the other major sports are all timed. Tennis is the only other major international sport that plays to a certain number of points.

You could have two 30 minute sets, highest score at the end of the 30 minutes wins. If both teams have won a set after an hour, play overtime set of 10/15 minutes at the end.

This guarantees the game lasts at least an hour (not including time outs or challenges)

Could even make it 4 sets of 20 minutes if they want it to last longer.