Russian NT 2019

• Is Camejo playing as OH now? Russia already has good quality players at that position already, and Camejo is not too class.

Camejo could be a good reserve of Kliuka or Maxim. In WCH 2018, Russia didn't have good reserves when someone played bad.

• Butko will perhaps play in the World Olympic Qualifiers. This is the most important of all "NT tournaments" for this year as I can only pity any team who will come across one of Poland/France and Italy/Serbia in the continental qualifiers.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of approach the new coach makes for the libero though. Verbov as good as he is just can't change the fact that he started his volleyball career when liberos did not exist yet.:lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• In todays interview with Mirosław Przedpełski (Polish member of FIVB) says that procedure of nationality change takes 4 years, while only 2 passed after Camejo got Russian citizenship. Also Russians didn't apply to FIVB with all docs to allow him to play for Russia. They still don't have agreement from Cubian federation. Case shall be considered (by FIVB) on May.

• Russian NT 2019

Setters: Aleksander Butko (Zenit Kazan, 33 years-old), Dmitry Kovalev (Ural Ufa, 28 y-o), Igor Kobzar (Kuzbass, 27 y-o), Pavel Pankov (Zenit San Petersburgo, 23 y-o), Roman Poroshin (Belogorie Belgorod, 23 y-o).

Opposite: Maxim Mikhaylov (Zenit Kazan, 31 y-o), Konstantin Bakun (Lokomotiv Novosibirsk, 34 y-o), Victor Poletaev (Kuzbass, 23 y-o), Romanas Shkulyavichus (Dinamo Moscow, 27 y-o), Maxim Zhigalov (Czarni Radom (Poland), 29 y-o), Denis Zemtchenok (Belogorie, 31 y-o), Kirill Klets (Hypo Tirol Haching (Germany), 21 y-o).

Middle Blockers: Dmitry Musersky (Suntory Sunbirds (Japan), 30 y-o), Artem Volvich (Zenit Kazan, 29 y-o), Ilyas Kurkaev (Lokomotiv Novosibirsk, 25 y-o), Ivan Yakovlev (Fakel Urengoy, 23 y-o), Ilya Vlasov (Dinamo Moscow, 23 y-o), Igor Filippov (Ural Ufa, 28 y-o), Alexander Gutsalyuk (Belogorie, 31 y-o), Alexey Safonov (Zenit San Petersburgo, 29 y-o), Dmitry Shcherbinin (Dinamo Moscow, 29 y-o), Andrey Ananiev (Fakel Novy, 26 y-o).

Outside-spikers: Egor Kliuka (Fakel Novy, 23 y-o), Dmitry Volkov (Fakel, 23 y-o), Yuri Berezhko (Dinamo Moscow, 35 y-o), Yevgeny Sivozhelez (Zenit S-Petersburgo, 32 y-o), Denis Biryukov (Dinamo L-O, 30 y-o), Denis Bogdan (Fakel, 22 y-o), Anton Karpukhov (Kuzbass, 30 y-o), Fedor Voronkov (Nova, 23 y-o), Egor Feoktistov (Ural Ufa, 25 y-o), Yaroslav Podlesnykh (Kuzbass, 24 y-o), Anton Semyshev (Belogorie, 21 y-o), Kirill Ursov (Gazprom-Yugra, 24 y-o).

Libero: Alexey Kabeshov (Dinamo Moscow, 27 y-o), Roman Martynyuk (Lokomotiv Novosibirsk, 31 y-o), Valentin Golubev (Belogorie, 26 y-o), Evgeny Andreev (Gazprom-Yugra, 23 y-o).

Sergey Tetyukhin is the new general manager of this team. He said that the main tournaments of Russia are IOQT, European Championship and World Cup.

Source: http://www.volley.ru/news/19373/

I'm so happy because Yakovlev, Bogdan, Voronkov, Klets and Semyshev are also part of the team.

• Who's the head coach? Tetyukhin??

• So it seems VNL will not be a "priority" this year and there is a chance Russia might not be sending their strongest squad. Maybe we could see Mikhaylov, Muserskiy, Butko, and Verbov taking a rest. I hope VNL roster would look like this:

OHs: Volkov, Kliuka, Bogdan, Voronkov

MBs: Kurkaev, Yakovlev, Vlasov, Filippov

S: Kovalev, Kobzar

OPP: Poletaev, Shkulyavichus

L: Kabeshov, Golubev

Mix of NT 'rising stars' and newcomers, no one over the age of 30 years old.

• I have a feeling everyone will prioritize VNL. It's the last tournament before Leon enters the international arena. Might as well win this than win nothing at all. :lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• So I watched a video on Kazan's official YT channel and it seems Verbov will retire after CL this season (he is now 38). Explains why he is not on the wide roster either. Huge loss for Russia as he is still far and away their best libero

• Is Udrys playing as a foreigner spot in Fakel? I thought maybe he has Russian citizenship maybe he can be invited to NT but I guess not.. There isn't still a good backup to Mikhaylov, Poletaev is great in club but for some reason he doesn't keep the same level when in NT. I hope the new coach gives him more playing time

• Is Udrys playing as a foreigner spot in Fakel? I thought maybe he has Russian citizenship maybe he can be invited to NT but I guess not.. There isn't still a good backup to Mikhaylov, Poletaev is great in club but for some reason he doesn't keep the same level when in NT. I hope the new coach gives him more playing time

Udrys plays for Belarus.

• I'm afraid Kovalev will be relegated to the sidelines once again (probably he will be the main setter of Russia B team). Butko will be the first choice in Russia A team as long as he is healthy, and, considering backup opp will most likely be Poletaev, the most logical choice of second setter would be Kobzar. It doesn't help that the new NT coach is Kuzbass coach as well so I would say Kobzar's chances of being in the A team is higher than that of Kovalev. I hope Butko skips VNL same as last year :whistle:

• I wish it won't happen :down::down:

In my opinion

Butko > Kovalev :super: > Poroshin (Belogorie's setter) > Kobzar > Pankov

Kobzar had his opportunity in Rio 2016 and he failed.

• So I watched some clips in YT where Dima is playing as OPP in Japan and I think he is effective most of the time due to the obvious height mismatch of the Japanese blockers.. I wonder if he switch playing back as middle blocker in NT if his performance will decline? We'll find out for sure VNL starts a month away hopefully he is included in the roster

• Russia's wide roster for VNL now available. Surprised to see that Butko is not part of the list but Grankin is :what: (but he will probably get cut too in favor of the younger setters). Also, last year's libero for VNL Kabeshov is missing too.

Bogdan is nowhere to be found but Podlesnykh is finally here :heart: . The heavyweights, Mikhaylov and Muserskiy are also present but I think they join at a later time. Kobzar is registered as Team Captain. The 30 player roster will further get cut on May 25th.

Source: https://www.volleyball.world/e…/rus%20russia/team_roster

• Russia's wide roster for VNL now available. Surprised to see that Butko is not part of the list but Grankin is :what: (but he will probably get cut too in favor of the younger setters). Also, last year's libero for VNL Kabeshov is missing too.

Bogdan is nowhere to be found but Podlesnykh is finally here :heart: . The heavyweights, Mikhaylov and Muserskiy are also present but I think they join at a later time. Kobzar is registered as Team Captain. The 30 player roster will further get cut on May 25th.

Source: https://www.volleyball.world/e…/rus%20russia/team_roster

Butko, Volvich, Kabeshov and Berezkho are not part of the list... and other players have theirs numbers... so... will they be absent in this year? 8|

About Musersky, he wrote in his Instagram that they will not play VNL because he is injured... Besides, he wrote that he hopes to play Olympic qualification and European Championship.

About Bogdan, he is going to play Universiade Games in Italy.

• About Bogdan, he is going to play Universiade Games in Italy.

It's too terrify see Sivozhelez, Ursov, and Karpukhov in his place :what:... I suppose that he needs to find a new club, where he could play all time.