Russian NT 2019

• Kovalev and Butko have the same style & strength but Butko is more stable. I think Kobzar will still be the main setter and team captain. Semyshev is young and have so much potential and it make sense that he is getting these experiences compared to Podlesnykh who I feel very limited offensively. Im very happy they are willing to develop Semyshev because I really think he is very good allaround. I am surprised Karphukov did not get a call but with Voronkov playing really well as a back up Im ok with it.

If there is any consolation for not getting called in the "A" team, Kovalev should be the main setter in WC as the main team will play in Euro Volley

• Mikhailov is ready to give up a place in the starting lineup Poletaev for the success of the team

“I think that he is one of the strongest diagonal in the world and is now in great shape. I do not build any hopes. If Vitya will play in the starting lineup, and we will win, then I’m with two hands, ”the press service of the national team on Twitter published Mikhailov’s words.

Source: https://translate.googleuserco…j5ShT-hj4RL1ZnrLqBLqd0iRg

A humble king we stan :obey::heart:

• It seems Russia has the VNL curse.. "We win the commercial League of Nations for two consecutive years and then fail in more important tournaments."

• Volkov once again choked at the most crucial time. We saw this happening at World Champs last yr versus Brazil. Slovenia has learned from their previous match. They targeted high hands. They served tough which exposed the passing unit's weakness which is keeping their cool in a hostile environment. Mikhaylov should focus on training as an Outside so he can come in when Volkov or Kliuka are off. That match was really a test of character for the team. They should learn a lot from that match.

• Kliuka actually played well despite some mistakes but his inability to immediately stand up after receiving or digging diminished Russia's attack options. Russia's disorganization also costed a lot of valuable counter attack opportunities.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Rússia team

Kovalev - Grankin

Zemchenok - Kruglov

Vlasov - Yakovlev - Filippov - Scherbinin

Voronkov - Semyshev - Podlesny - Karpukhov

Andreev - Golubev

https://www.instagram.com/p/B26gTqQHTZH/

I hope that after this tournament, Kovalev, Vlasov and Voronkov will be able to join the main team for the Tokyo Olympics.

• No Muserskiy? There were some talks he would play as OPP.

• Hi guys ,this is my first post ever on this forum . The Russia men's volleyball team has a lot of great players and tons of potential. We all know that .But it seems that even do they are winning the commercial event(VNL) using a more young team ,they fail to win the big events using their best players and it seems that the changing of the couch did not help.The Olympic games are next year ,they don t have any time left to experiment with the team,only another Vnl but they will most likely rest their best players like always. So what team do you want to see at the Olympic games? Starters and the bench,the bench is really important as well.Sorry for my amazing bad english , I can't wait to read you answears. Btw please argument your choice.

• Hi guys ,this is my first post ever on this forum . The Russia men's volleyball team has a lot of great players and tons of potential. We all know that .But it seems that even do they are winning the commercial event(VNL) using a more young team ,they fail to win the big events using their best players and it seems that the changing of the couch did not help.The Olympic games are next year ,they don t have any time left to experiment with the team,only another Vnl but they will most likely rest their best players like always. So what team do you want to see at the Olympic games? Starters and the bench,the bench is really important as well.Sorry for my amazing bad english , I can't wait to read you answears. Btw please argument your choice.

You're English is good and welcome to the forums! You are correct about your observation. This happened already twice: last year the failure at WCH, and this year ECH (you can probably include WC as well). With regards to the veterans there is only four left after London: Butko, Grankin, Muserskiy, and Mikhailov. I think the problem is not the with capabilities of the veterans per se, as all 4 of them are still able to show a good level. Personally, I think the problem is team dynamics/chemistry and the coaching staff not able to determine a clear "starting six". Sammelvuo tried to rotate a lot of the roster during ECH, this was also the same in VNL this year, but to a lesser extent. With that said, I always advocated in this thread that Russia has to go away with Butko-Grankin duet. A lot will depend in the upcoming club season, and I think Sammelvuo transferring from Kuzbass to St. Petersburg will influence his roster choices.

Below is my ideal 12-man lineup for Olympics:

OH: Volkov, Kliuka, Voronkov/Semyshev* (sub offensive OH), Podlesnykh/Karpukhov* (sub defensive OH)

MB: Muserskiy, Kurkaev, Iakovlev/Philippov* (both are now Zenit SpB players)

S: Kobzar, Kovalev (Russia has been the most successful with this duo, both are different kind of setters and both complement really well IMO).

OPP: Poletaev, Mikhaylov (Poletaev should be the starting OPP now, Mikhaylov can also play as emergency OH)

L: Golubev

* I feel these are the players that are interchangeable

i think there will be no changes compared to the recent rosters

my team would be

Butko-Kobzar

Poletaev-Mikhaylov

Volkov- Kliuka - Voronkov - Podlesnykh (or Semyshev, i think it is the biggest question in samelvo´s mind at this moment)

Musersky - Kurkaev - Iakovlev

Golubev (or anyone but andreev)