2019/2020 Transfers News & Discussion

• There was news providing more fact about Matt Anderson going to Modena next season.

It's said that Matt Anderson has signed 2-Year contract with Modena.

He signed nothing. It's Just a verbale agreement. He will sign when the club season is over.

We need to wait for the offical statement after the club season. Before the contract is formalized and signed, nothing is for sure. It could change.

• There was news providing more fact about Matt Anderson going to Modena next season.

It's said that Matt Anderson has signed 2-Years contract with Modena.

So it seems the rumors of Anderson leaving Kazan maybe true. Apparently Kazan is looking for a new opposite for next season. If this article is to be believed, Mikhaylov will move to OH position and Kazan will try to sign Sokolov from Lube or get Kliuka from Fakel. If the latter, I wonder how this will affect Kliuka as he is mainly playing as OH in NT.. I'd rather they get Kliuka to replace Anderson so Maxim can remain as opposite.

• So it seems the rumors of Anderson leaving Kazan maybe true. Apparently Kazan is looking for a new opposite for next season. If this article is to be believed, Mikhaylov will move to OH position and Kazan will try to sign Sokolov from Lube or get Kliuka from Fakel. If the latter, I wonder how this will affect Kliuka as he is mainly playing as OH in NT.. I'd rather they get Kliuka to replace Anderson so Maxim can remain as opposite.

Maxim can play as OH, but his reception is not as good as Anderson or NG. I prefer Maxin playing as OPP while Kazan finds another solid OH. Both Volkov and Kliuka are good at offense, but bad at reception. That's why Fakel did not play as good as we thought in Russia league so far.

• Sokolov will be very complicated as he re-signed with Lube until 2021.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• We don't have a separate thread for the Dutch NT, so I will post this news here for the time being. Roberto Piazza has been introduced as the new head coach of the Dutch male NT. Source: FIVB

• Igor Omrcen (OP. CRO) should be retired after Final 6 of 2018–19 (Japanese) V.League Division 1 Men's.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• According to some rumors:

One Turkish club invited Jiang Chuan in Season 17/18. It was failed.

One Italian club invited Jiang Chuan in Season 18/19. It was failed.

One Polish club invited Jiang Chuan in Season 19/20. Which club(s)?

It is also a rumor that Liu Li-bin will return Beijing BAW in Season 19/20.

I hope it is wrong.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Marlon Yared (S) is moving from Minas to Sesc-RJ. Thiaguinho (S) is rumoured to leave Sesc after this season and move back to Europe (either Italy or France).

• Taylor Sander (USA/OH) is moving from Sada Cruzeiro to Dinamo Moscow next season. Confirmed in a Brazilian broadcast.

Was this expected? His stay in Sada is rather short, he seemed to be liking it there. On the other hand Russian teams pay a lot..

• Was this expected? His stay in Sada is rather short, he seemed to be liking it there. On the other hand Russian teams pay a lot.

Not sure if expected, but I remember there was a rumor about him moving to Russia a while ago. I never really expected him to stay for more than one season here in Brazil, our league can’t really keep a player of his caliber for too long (if at all lol).

• Speaking of Brazilian league, Flávio (MB), who should have some playing time with the NT this year (hopefully!), will move from Minas to Sesc-Rio. Also confirmed in a broadcast.

• Michał Kubiak is needed in Italy and he is not making decision yet. He either stay in Japan or go to Italy next season.

But in my opinion, he is ready back to Europe.

Michał Kubiak talking about where he can play next season

Kubiak renew a contract with Panasonic Panthers 2019-2021

https://sport.onet.pl/siatkowk…ubem-or-siatkowka/cnp2qj1

• Speaking of Brazilian league, Flávio (MB), who should have some playing time with the NT this year (hopefully!), will move from Minas to Sesc-Rio. Also confirmed in a broadcast.

Good move I think. And his setter is moving with him- they have good chemistry. If Flávio is not called to the NT, and Octavio doesn’t make a return, then there’s something very wrong. Personally I’d like to see Mauricio Souza ‘rested’ from the team lol. The outside player position is too packed otherwise Honorato also deserves a shot..

• More from Brazil (unconfirmed as of now but most likely true):

Minas is replacing Marlon with Rodrigo Ribeiro (S), who played in Maringá this season. They've also seem to have closed a deal with Nicolás Lazo (OH/ARG) from UPCN. Honorato (OH), Davy (OPP), Felipe Roque (OPP) and Maique (L) are staying, while Bob (OH), Piá (OH) and Rogerinho (L) might be leaving.

Maurício Souza (MB) might be moving from Sesc-Rio to EMS Funvic/Taubaté.

Source