2019/2020 Transfers News & Discussion

• News from Sada Cruzeiro (unconfirmed as of now):

Nico Uriarte (S/ARG) is no longer coming. The team will stick with Cachopa and another older setter on the bench (most likely Rodriguinho, who was previously in Itapetininga).

The club in interested in Gordon Perrin (CAN/OH) in order to replace Taylor Sander.

ETA: Evandro (OPP) is staying. Leozinho (OH) might be moving to Botafogo (team coming from the B league).

• Sada Cruzeiro has let go of their longtime libero Serginho. Lukinha (BRA, last in Vôlei Renata) is coming to his place. Source

Serginho was with Sada for the last 10 seasons. He's 40, but apparently not retiring yet.

• Not a fan of this move at all. Maar & Clevenot are a much better OH duo than those two.

You have a case with Clevenot. Petric is definitely not better than him but Kovar is one of the best italian OH in the market as long as he is healthy. I've never been impressed with Maar after he moved to a bigger club. If he's gone, just don't see it as a burden for Milano as long as they keep Clevenot.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• You have a case with Clevenot. Petric is definitely not better than him but Kovar is one of the best italian OH in the market as long as he is healthy. I've never been impressed with Maar after he moved to a bigger club. If he's gone, just don't see it as a burden for Milano as long as they keep Clevenot.

I would take Maar over Kovar but I am a biased Canadian haha. Who do you see as the starters if they have a trio of Clevenot/Petric/Kovar?

• Dmitry Kovalev (S) will play in Zenit Saint Petersburg in the next season.

• According to championat, Dražen Luburić (Serbia) and Nikolay Penchev (Bulgaria) are the new players of Belogorie Belgorod.

About Dinamo Moscow:

- Pavel Pankov is the new setter.

- Yury Berezkho renewed.

- Jelte Maan (Netherlands) could be the second foreigner player.

• Zenit St. Petersburg (Russia) posted on their official Instagram account 2 hours ago a very interesting graphic.

It meant to be an introducing of the top scorer of Zenit's bronze medal matches opponent - Fakel Novy Urengoy - Egor Kliuka.

In my opinion, it looks more than random and awkward. I think it's a tricky way to announce the transfer unofficially for Zenit St. Petersburg (especially if Divis is really leaving the club).

We shall see, I guess.

• EMS Funvic/Taubaté seems to be interested in Benjamin Patch (OPP/USA) in order to replace Leandro Vissoto. Source

Honestly, as shaky as Patch may be, seeing him and Douglas together in the same team would be a dream. :love:

• EMS Funvic/Taubaté seems to be interested in Benjamin Patch (OPP/USA) in order to replace Leandro Vissoto. Source

Honestly, as shaky as Patch may be, seeing him and Douglas together in the same team would be a dream. :love:

Patch is a great player... one out of every three games. They will definitely need a competent backup for when he is playing poorly. This season Berlin just let him play the first set to see if we was having a good day, and if not, they subbed him off for Kyle Russell.

• Patch is a great player... one out of every three games. They will definitely need a competent backup for when he is playing poorly. This season Berlin just let him play the first set to see if we was having a good day, and if not, they subbed him off for Kyle Russell.

Yep, that's what I meant by shaky. I wish he'd gotten less unstable during his stint in Berlin, but I guess that didn't happen yet...

Taubaté is already suffering from this same thing with Vissotto this year, as Abouba has to come in quite often. Seems like history might repeat itself next season.

• Apparently few players who applied for the KOVO draft (may 7-9) won't be there.

For example Gavin Schmitt and Brenden Sander are still playing with their current clubs.

• Apparently few players who applied for the KOVO draft (may 7-9) won't be there.

For example Gavin Schmitt and Brenden Sander are still playing with their current clubs.

Can you lean on those good vibes for a bit and give me a list to check those who'll be taking part in the draft, please?