2019/2020 Transfers News & Discussion

• Leo andric had a great half season in Turkey. Pity that his team was pretty bad. I was hoping another Turkish team would sign with him

• GS squad so far looks like:

Selcuk-Venno

Antonov-Foreign spiker (Taht is rumoured)

Vahit Emre-Dogukan Ulu

Burak (L)

Most of the locals are staying and the squad looks much better than last year. Lets hope Venno gets rid of his beer belly during summer :D

• Venno was incredible but during play offs he wasnt impressive at all. Happy that Antonov is staying he contributed a lot. I don't get vahif emre's transfer, of course he is by far the best attacking mb right now but if Nedim ozbey was such a big fan of him why did he exclude him from nt roster?🤔 He is not injured as far as I know

• I am really not sure about Patch to Taubate. Athletically he is second to none. His personality and all-around great vibes are so easy to market. He was such a perfect match for Berlin. He still needs to work on his serve and block (moreso his serve). I was at his first NCAA Championship match back in 2013 when he went absent (mind you he was only 19 years old). He looks good with the US National Team but he has a great supporting cast around him. He had a rough year at Vibo Valentia because it was a huge drop in talent.

He was on a short leash at Berlin, and I watched some matches were he was replaced early after a few mistakes. That was the drawback of playing with an opposite that was already established at the club. While he found himself in the starting lineup to finish the regular season, Russell has made more of a positive impact in the finals thus far. Russell is also a beast, but his large number of kills are accompanied by his fair share of attack errors/blocks.

I hope he lands in a place that is he is a good fit after having a good summer with the USA NT.

• Gavin Schmitt going to KEPCO

Leo Andric at OK Savings Bank

Michael Sanchez to KB Insurance

Andres Villena at the Korean Air Jumbos

Liberman Agamez to Woori Card

Yosvany Hernandez to Hyndai Captial Sky Walkers

and the biggest surprise: Joe Norman to the Samsung BlueFangs.

• KOVO draft pick in order of selection:

1 Gavin Schmitt -> KEPCO

2 Leo Andric -> OK Savings Bank

3 Michael Sanchez -> KB Stars Insurance

4 Andres Villena -> Korean Air Jumbos

5 Liberman Agamez -> Woori Card Wibee (renewed)

6 Joseph Norman -> Samsung Bluefangs

7 Yosvany Hernandez -> Hyundai Skywalkers

I'm sad Schmitt ended in KEPCO, where he won't win anything. Sanchez was unlucky too picked by KB Stars Insurance.

I'm really happy for Villena, one of my favourite players. And he will also play with Jung Ji-seok! Many good vibes. :cheesy:

• The Korean male league is really fun, even I watch it from time to time, I liked Incheon Air, Hyundai Skywalkers and disliked the Bluefangs :D

• Done deals in Bundesliga:

Julian Zenger (L) from United Volleys to Berlin.

Noah Baxpöhler MB) from Lüneburg to Spacers Toulouse

Paulo Victor Costa Da Silva (D ) from Sesc Rio de Janeiro to Alpenvolleys

Luke Smith (OH) from Lubin to United Volleys

Matthias Valkiers (S) from Lille to United Volleys

Blain Cranston (S, CAN) to United Volleys

Players leaving their clubs with unknown destinations:

Cody Kessel (OH), Ray Szeto (OH), Ryan Sclater (O), Adam Schriemer (S) from Lüneburg.

Adam Kocian (S), Maxim Buculjevich (S), Moritz Karlitzek (OH) from United Volleys.

Pavel Halaba (OH), Kirill Klets (O), Hugo da Silva (OH) from Alpenvolleys

• Players leaving their clubs with unknown destinations:

Cody Kessel (OH), Ray Szeto (OH), Ryan Sclater (O), Adam Schriemer (S) from Lüneburg.

Adam Kocian (S), Maxim Buculjevich (S), Moritz Karlitzek (OH) from United Volleys.

Pavel Halaba (OH), Kirill Klets (O), Hugo da Silva (OH) from Alpenvolleys

Kirill Klets to Yenisey

• It is said that John Perrin (OH) will "return" Beijing BAW.

I doubt the rumor because John Perrin is also reported that he will join a Brazilian club.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• It is said that John Perrin (OH) will "return" Beijing BAW.

I doubt the rumor because John Perrin is also reported that he will join a Brazilian club.

Perrin himself has announced he's going to play for Sada Cruzeiro in Brazil and that it's a done deal, so unless the deal has gone down the drain, I'm not sure there's much to this Beijing rumor.

• Perrin himself has announced he's going to play for Sada Cruzeiro in Brazil and that it's a done deal, so unless the deal has gone down the drain, I'm not sure there's much to this Beijing rumor.

Perrin had a history denying signed contract.

He and his agent did before when Perrin signed with Resivia in Poland. When he got an BIG offer from China, he denied the deal he already signed.

For reminder, you can read below link.

HOW MUCH WILL GORDON PERRIN TAKE IN CHINA?!

• The rumor should be true:

Leonardo Levya Martinez (OH) will renew one-year contract with Beijing BAW.

At least, Levya "likes" playing volleyball in China.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan