2019/2020 Transfers News & Discussion

• I hope Ivan comes back to Perugia. In Atanasijevic's place would be perfect. :gone:

NB: I perfectly know he won't ever come back to Perugia, after the way he left.

I can still dream about Russell on the other hand. :)

• I think Sokolov underperformed quite this season, he was not really a dominant spiker as Opp imo. Zaytsev had some amazing moments and I'm not saying Modena was bad but I feel offense-wise he had a lot more weight on his shoulders compared to the other Opps in the top teams and this affected his performance especially near the middle/end of the season. Imo Zaytsev, when we also know he is a local player is an amazing transfer for Lube and imo also an upgrade.

Kurek I'm not sure about, he can be great but he is usually inconsistent and very injury prone. I hope he stays/becomes fit and proves he can stay consistent this time around.

• I feel offense-wise he had a lot more weight on his shoulders compared to the other Opps in the top teams and this affected his performance especially near the middle/end of the season.

It's quite funny to read this.

I remember well enough Zaytsev had been complaining all the time about wanted to play as OPP when he was in Perugia, what he got eventually was high paid from Modena and Modena promised to form a team with Zaytsev as the core player.

When he signed with Modena a 3-years contract, I am pretty sure he knew what he's going to carry. It just turned out the opposite way. When you get the highest paid and spotlight is all about you, you don't get to complain "more" weight.

Underperforming Sokolov was offered € 900,000.00 contract from Zenit-Kazan. Lucky for Zaytsev that gets to play in Italy. If he plays in other leagues, I am sure the club will cut his contract in the middle of the season.

• Modena could have been under worse condition if it weren't for Zaytsev coming there after the Stoychev/Ngapeth/Bruno fiasco. If there's anything that should've been done, the society should've been more grateful for a revival of sorts for their club instead of criticizing his every move as if the fault is all his alone because Modena as a whole was failing in the midseason with all the injuries they were sustaining and expecting to play in top condition is impossible when there are clubs overperforming in Superlega after the transfer window opened.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• The rumor should be true:

Leonardo Levya Martinez (OH) will renew one-year contract with Beijing BAW.

At least, Levya "likes" playing volleyball in China.

According to other messages, in Season 19/20, Beijing's two foreign players should be an OH (Leyva) and a MB.

I don't know who will be the MB now.

From Eastern Europe? From Canada or USA?

I'm still waiting for it.

Liu Li-bin may return Beijing and I doubt whether A-dai-xiu ( Adecio? ) will join Beijing Senior at least as a "server".

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• According to other messages, in Season 19/20, Beijing's two foreign players should be an OH (Leyva) and a MB.

I don't know who will be the MB now.

From Eastern Europe? From Canada or USA?

I'm still waiting for it.

Liu Li-bin may return Beijing and I doubt whether A-dai-xiu ( Adecio? ) will join Beijing Senior at least as a "server".

Le Roux (FRA), perhaps? He left Sada Cruzeiro and there's no news as to where he'll play yet.

• Millions of dollars gone to waste and it is still not enough for you? Lol

You would have cared if you were to pay.

Honestly, I don't choose players to any club - they have their own policies with players selection.

And if I would be club owner, I would risk without any doubts as without risk there is not success. And you need to have good players to success.

You can contract very good player which was healthy for all seasons and will twist the ankle in semifinal game and you're at the same position.

But such discussion has no sense, we are talking what will happen in the future - let this future come and then we will know ;)

• Berlin manager Kaweh Niroomand said after the playoff finals that their whole starting six except Rossard will most likely stay in Berlin, and today a newspaper article confims that Ben Patch will stay, so apparently he's not heading to Brazil after all.

• Berlin manager Kaweh Niroomand said after the playoff finals that their whole starting six except Rossard will most likely stay in Berlin, and today a newspaper article confims that Ben Patch will stay, so apparently he's not heading to Brazil after all.

You win this one. ;(

• Taubaté, newly crowned Brazilian champion, signed with Mohamed Al Hachdadi (OPP from Morocco) who played for Vibo Valentina last season. Source

I like this transfer!

ETA: The team has also confirmed that Douglas Souza, Lucarelli, Lucão, Rapha and Thales, plus a bunch of other bench players are also staying. Uriarte is leaving, while Carísio (S) and Rogerinho (L) from Minas, as well as Pétrus (MB) and Renan Bonora (OH/L) are coming.

• Aboubacar Dramé (BRA/OPP) is allegedly moving from Taubaté to Vibo Valentia. I suppose there was an exchange of opposites between the teams then. Source

I REALLY like this transfer too. Go Abouba!