Montreux Volley Masters 2019

• I just rechecked the wide roster and it seems a decent choice, I just hope he will let everyone play as much as possible and not tire one main A squad out like last season.

I like that Eda and both liberos have not been called, I want to see what Aylin can do in a long tournament as well instead of being subbed all the time, she was one of the best players in Nilüfer and was like glue for them to reach play-offs imo. I just wish Buse Ünal or Elif got a call too instead of Özbay/Dilik who surely now will be the only two options confirmed for the entire season. Unless Naz actually will comeback then it would make sense as this would be the fight between Ezgi Dilik and Cansu Özbay for the setter spot.

Neriman is not on the list either, not that I expected her in Montreux.

I want to see Yasemin, Zehra and Kübra play mostly!

• So only Germany and Japan are missing now

theloneracer posted a Japan roster here in the NT thread. Sourced from getsuvolley. It's three players heavy, but probably close, with the two main setters (Tashiro and Tominaga who are returning from a season in Europe) and Araki resting it out.

• gosh, I'm slow :)

• It would be better if we would get to watch Buse Unal instead of Cansu. If Naz could get in form, Cansu and Naz will be playing so it is better to give chance to others.

I don’t understand why Gozde Yilmaz is even there. She didn’t show anything

• It would be better if we would get to watch Buse Unal instead of Cansu. If Naz could get in form, Cansu and Naz will be playing so it is better to give chance to others.

I don’t understand why Gozde Yilmaz is even there. She didn’t show anything

I just saw that Gozde Yilmaz will be playing for Vakifbank next season so it figures now how she can even play for NT.

• https://www.volleyball.ch/verb…schweizer-aufgebot-14201/

Switzerland 18 roster, coached by Timo Lippuner

S: Méline Pierret, Sarah Trösch, Olivia Wassner

OP: Julie Lengweiler, Chiara Petitat, Anika Schwörer, Maja Storck, Samira Sulser

OH: Sarina Brunner, Laura Künzler, Elisa Suriano, Livia Zaugg
    MB: Madlaina Matter, Gabi Schottrof, Xenia Staffelbach

L: Thays Deprati, Mathilde Engel, Flavia Knutti

anyone knows the last 14 players to play the tournament?

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Germany: http://www.volleymasters.ch/en…ger%20germany/team_roster

S: Denise Imoudu, Corinna Glaab

OPP: Louisa Lippmann, Nele Barber (also OH)

OH: Lena Stigrot, Hanna Orthmann

MB: Marie Schölzel, Lisa Gründing, Leonie Schwertmann, Selma Hetmann

L: Lenka Dürr, Linda Bock (also OH?), Elisa Lohmann

Lohmann wasn't even training with NT and also wasn't in the original wide roster, so no idea why she is there now. Only 13 players, only 2 regular OHs...maybe Linda Bock will play as OH, she sometimes did that in Münster but in the long run she is going to play as libero.

Koslowski isn't going to Montreux either, Nicki Neubauer will be head coach for this tournament.

• L: Lenka Dürr, Linda Bock (also OH?), Elisa Lohmann

Lohmann wasn't even training with NT and also wasn't in the original wide roster, so no idea why she is there now. Only 13 players, only 2 regular OHs...maybe Linda Bock will play as OH, she sometimes did that in Münster but in the long run she is going to play as libero.

Is Dürr going to play in Montreux?

• Doesn't look like sportdeutschland is broadcasting Montreux. I don't see indication they will be broadcasting VNL either.

Laola will show all matches, but for money :aww: On demand will be free but not the live matches...

Do you know what the turnaround time for watching on-demand has been like in the past? sportdeutschland got them in up pretty quickly.

I don't mind paying a reasonable fee to watch the next couple tournaments, but I'd like quick turnaround for the matches I miss so I don't get too far behind.

Laola is an option, I guess. FloVolley is an option (steep at US$30/month--probably not worth it just for Montreux). fivbvolleyballtv.com is FIVB :aww: