Montreux Volley Masters 2019

• Did you see the moment when the podium was broken off? :lol::lol:That was very funny and luckily without injuries.

Yesterday I was thinking about how sad it was Chemik Police couldn't break the polish trophy. It is a polish tradition, no doubt. :lol:

• LaolaTV never put up either of the Montreux Medal matches for on-demand. Hey pope did you watch Montreux on FloVolley? Would you recommend it for the VNL? Do they run commercials during timeouts? English commentary?

I wonder if we can use a sneaky method of downloading from the site :/

• LaolaTV never put up either of the Montreux Medal matches for on-demand. Hey pope did you watch Montreux on FloVolley? Would you recommend it for the VNL? Do they run commercials during timeouts? English commentary?

I wonder if we can use a sneaky method of downloading from the site :/

Yes, I used Flo for Montreux and they do have the matches on demand.

well ok...I don`t know if I can recommend Flo....because you never know what u get from them. For example Saturday they started streaming the CL final game like 15 minutes late. Things like this has happened before.

Last year`s VNL and WCH they did not have all matches available on demand, and when they did sometimes would take a hours or days for them to upload. So I don`t know what they will do this year.

They do not run commercials during timeouts....they run them during the game LOL ( so u might miss some action)....it does not happen very often, maybe one or two ads per game ( that I can remember).

That`s why I can`t recommend...because of those things.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTT Other than that...they are great. I watch on the big TV with Apple TV and I love it. So if you sign up....just know what u getting into.

Yes, they have English Commentary. The stream they provide, they get it from the FIVB channel....so basically what they do is a re-stream.

I really don`t know if you would be allowed to download the matches through Flo or FIvb TV...I have never done it.

I have never used the FIVB webtv. Of course it is not available for us, but I think we can access with a VPN. From what I heard the matches over there becomes available on demand right away? ( or at least sooner than Flo). And they are cheaper.

https://welcome.volleyballworld.tv/notavailable

• I don`t know if I can recommend Flo

Wow thanks for the info. I contacted them a couple times last year or so to ask if they used Flash to stream--because in their support FAQ they talk about updating to the latest Flash if you have trouble streaming--the guy didn't even know what I was asking. So I hated on them for being dufus-tards.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I may play out the first week and see if youtube streams show up. I may try a VPN subscription to FiveBuh, or default to FloDufus. This sux. Why can't everything be free and easy and in HD? Really ruffles my entitlement feathers :thumbdown:

• They do not run commercials during timeouts....they run them during the game LOL

OMG

• According to polish media, Montreaux Volley Masters won't be held this year.

• Thank you God, even though Montreux is way better than VNL.

It would be better that they keep this one and shout down VNL.....

• VNL will be very fun imo after Olympic season, we would have huge gaps without any NT volleyball at all if there was no VNL/WGP and its my favorite tournament. Montreux was bless at times also but it's good that its over tbh, now VNL can have better planning also and everyone will/could be happy

• Thank God... Now it's time to VNL to shine, because they were just Montreux 2.0, fun, but pretty useless... But I don't know, they like to screw up from times to times, probably they will create another tournament

• ;(

I always liked Montreux, it was a nice atmosphere and a good start into NT season, always a chance to discover new players etc. I hope it will resurrect at some point X/

Really sad indeed. It’s not too surprising given the scheduling issues (especially in Olympic years) and also the state of the gym... Its facilities aren’t the best, the ceiling is too low for the level of volleyball, and it was often unbearably hot in May/June.

BUT in its own way it was also magic... A nice start to the international season, a relaxed atmosphere (players and fans both loved it) and usually the chance to see the next generation (and for many players, their first international match). Oh and Montreux itself is a nice city. I will miss it a lot.