Serbia NT 2019

• As far as I remember, Brakocevic was injured in 2014 and though she was playing again by the WCH, she was far from her best shape and couldn’t even score against Canada, so it’s not quite the same situation. I know Brakocevic wanted to play but I’m pretty sure the main reason she was dropped was due to fitness concerns so it wouldn’t need much explaining from Terzic, especially when Boskovic came in and impressed.

Exactly. Pretty straight-forward, but it seems not to pope. Perhaps he knows something more...

Anyway, I do recall Brako being bitter about having to play reserve to a 17 year-old kid, and making some cryptic remark about "no longer being able to fight against windmills" (loose translation) but it was pretty clear she was not well, her claims to the contrary notwithstanding.

• What exactly do you think he has done to Brakocevic? What makes you think Terzic never said anything to her as far as why he played Boskovic during WCh 2014?

If I remember correctly Joana has posted some interviews with Brakocevic and Boskovic, and both have said they did not know Boskovic was gonna start at 2014 WCH. In fact Boskovic said she only found out she was gonna start right before the game against Turkey started.

Is not like he did anything terrible. But he could have talked with Brakocevic and let her know what his plans were. Imagine how embarrassing must have been for her, she probably felt totally blinded side by him.

• If I remember correctly Joana has posted some interviews with Brakocevic and Boskovic, and both have said they did not know Boskovic was gonna start at 2014 WCH. In fact Boskovic said she only found out she was gonna start right before the game against Turkey started.

Yeah, and? You do realise that is entirely consistent with the explanation we provided, right? They did not know right up until the first game whether and how much Jovana will be really recovered (as opposed to how much she SAYS she were recovered), so they waited until the last moment for the final decision on who will play as starting opp. It's entirely your assumption that Terzic must have never discussed things with Jovana, as opposed to the much more realistic option that even though it was a logical decision that need not any special explanation, Brakocevic still felt bitter due to the inherent damage to her ego of having a 17 year-old play instead of her on such a big stage as World Championship, regardless of how much she herself was not really physically ready (you need to keep in mind that this happened after a stretch of some 4 years where she was one of the most dominant players in the world, a superstar winning MVPs left and right).

I mean, we are talking about the same player that, Olympic Games notwithstanding, deemed it beneath her to sit on the bench on that NT ever again, even for a clearly superior player.

• Katarina's interview for ŁKS Łódź's website•

Is it difficult to go to another country at the age of 20 and play volleyball there? - Yes, it's not easy. I went to another country for so long for the first time and it is difficult for me. I lived with my parents in Belgrade, and here I have to deal with myself. I live alone, everything has to be done by me, even cooking, which I didn't do before and had to learn. It was particularly difficult at the beginning, now it is much easier. It's a bit of a life lesson, everyone who goes to another country gains a lot of experience, everything is new.

And what do you see the differences between volleyball in Serbia and volleyball in Poland? - First of all, there is a much stronger league in Poland. In Serbia, maybe two or three teams play at this level. However, volleyball itself is the same as volleyball. Tactics and training are not much different.

You play in a team that has a strong group of supporters ... - It's true, I already love Polish supporters, especially supporters of ŁKS. In Serbia, Belgrade, however, we also have such supporters, there are two groups - supporters of Partizan and supporters ofCrveny Zvezda, who are also amazing. ŁKS fans are great support and supporters.

What do you think ŁKS can do this season? - I believe that we will play in the finals for medals in Polish Women's Volleyball League. In the Champions League we can afford to reach the quarter-finals. We have an interesting group, team from Novara is definitely the best, but both German champion and Chimik are teams within our reach.

• Sometime in the next 2 weeks Olympic Committee of Serbia will choose the best athletes of the year, Boskovic will be one of the main candidates for Sportswoman of the Year, and will have a chance to "defend" her title from last year. In my view, her biggest 2 rivals will be Ivana Spanovic (long jump) and Tijana Bogdanovic (taekwondo), and unfortunately, I think Ivana will most likely win it this year (for the 3rd time), even though she shouldn't. Yeah, she won the gold in Indoor European Championship, but that's kinda the bare minimum that was (realistically) expected of her at the beginning of the year. And while it is true that injury at the worst possible time played a role in not achieving additional great results, that doesn't change the fact her year was kinda underwhelming.

Tl;dr: Boskovic should win the award for the Serbian female athlete of the year, but probably won't.

On the positive side, volleyball NT is almost certain to win the award Women's Team of The Year (for the 4th year in a row and 10th time in the last 14 years), and Terzic is perhaps the main favourite to win Coach of The Year for the 2nd year in a row.

• I watched todays match Zeleznicar vs Jedinstvo SP and i am curious how is Zelezicnar enlist chinese player from Shandong Ruhan Sun. For Serbian league standard she is very solid(judge by just today match)and this is very interesting job by scout or by anyone who is meriterious for this transfer, especially when we knows that Serbian team does not have a lot of money and many of them plays with youth.(Zeleznicar is maybe the only one( when we look all starting players) which does not played with youth but all of their players or even all is ex promising players or just an average).

• I watched todays match Zeleznicar vs Jedinstvo SP and i am curious how is Zelezicnar enlist chinese player from Shandong Ruhan Sun. For Serbian league standard she is very solid(judge by just today match)and this is very interesting job by scout or by anyone who is meriterious for this transfer, especially when we knows that Serbian team does not have a lot of money and many of them plays with youth.(Zeleznicar is maybe the only one( when we look all starting players) which does not played with youth but all of their players or even all is ex promising players or just an average).

Sun Ru-han is older than two MBs of Shandong VC, Zhang Qian and Yang Han-yu. Zhang and Yang are both MBs of Chinese NT in theory though Zhang Qian was injured for a long time. Sun Ru-han isn't weaker but if she didn't get the more chance, she should look for the better outlet.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Absolute domination of volleyball this year in Serbia. Olympic Committee has voted Tijana Boskovic Sportswoman of The Year second year in a row, while the two NTs won Men's Team of The Year and Women's Team of The Year, respectively. Lastly, Slobodan Kovac won Coach of The Year (Terzic won it last year).:drink::cup:

This is the 4th time that a male team is winning this award, while girls are absolutely dominating in this regard, winning 10 times in the last 14 years.

• Two little bit longer interviews with Boskovic, the first one is not so volleyball oriented, which we rarely get from her

https://www.danas.rs/sport/nem…e-koja-me-moze-uobraziti/

http://sportklub.rs/Blog/Blog-…Tata-prati-svaki-mec.html

Topic that has been discussed on this forum:

"This is my fifth year in Eczacibasi, the club that gave me the best conditions to develop. In the past years we didn't manage to win Turkish league and CL, but i hope that this season will be the most successful untill now and that we will be happy with the end result. I'm not thinking about changing the club, with Eczacibasi i have a valid contract for the next season too and i will give my best to keep improving."

She seems happy in Ecz even though they are not winning.

The one with Terzic

http://www.zurnal.rs/odbojka/r…-da-bih-stigao-obradovica

And untranslatable version of annual volleyball magazine of Serbian NT

https://issuu.com/vule088/docs…icni_broj_2020_compressed

• Yea as she says; the conditions are great, they offer her a lot and hand her a lot of priviliges. EczV is basically babying Tijana the majority of the time, esp. in the beginning. Not to mention that she is comfortable now with her teammates and the city, Tijana is still very young. Changing a team where she will never hold a similar position at this stage of her carreer is imo also not the best move. EczV just needs to drop Motta next season and get an actual MB, they just need to build a great team with chemistry one time, I'm sure it will happen sooner or later.

It's like looking to replace diamond with some silver :D

• Yep, she signed a 3-year contract last year. Unfortunately, from the bits and pieces I've heard, not only did she sign a 3 year contract instead of 2 (which is almost always a bad decision financially and career-wise in volleyball, at least for a star), but she also supposedly did it at a discount, as if the club was doing her the favour of signing her for that long so she returns the favour of agreeing to lesser salary! If that is true...as good as she is at volleyball court, she is as naive as a child business-wise (and her financial advisor is robbing her blind by colluding with the club against her best interests).

However, that may be an unfounded rumour (and I hope it is)

• Egonu declined Monza`s 750K, and signed with Conegliano for 500K.... It is very common in many sports for players to take a pay cut in order to sign or re-sign with a team that is a actual tittle contender.

Even if she agreed to a lesser salary, that is still probably a salary that only Vakifbank can match. In Turkey mostly clubs are super close by each other, which means there`s not a lot of travelling. And mostly teams in Turkey do change their roster every season basically, which means she does not get to used to play against the same players every season..... I don`t see why she would NOT resign a 3 year with them.

And they were the club that took her when she was still a upcoming player. So I`m very glad to hear that she shows so much appreciation and respect for them.

BUT....she should certainly have a talk with the management and ask for them to get ride of Motta and sign a good setter. Gamze was just fine, until Motta decided to screw everything up. WIth Gamze they could still win Turkish League, but there`s no way they will CL with that other terrible setter. Vitra should sign Cansu next season.

• Yep, she signed a 3-year contract last year. Unfortunately, from the bits and pieces I've heard, not only did she sign a 3 year contract instead of 2 (which is almost always a bad decision financially and career-wise in volleyball, at least for a star), but she also supposedly did it at a discount, as if the club was doing her the favour of signing her for that long so she returns the favour of agreeing to lesser salary! If that is true...as good as she is at volleyball court, she is as naive as a child business-wise (and her financial advisor is robbing her blind by colluding with the club against her best interests).

However, that may be an unfounded rumour (and I hope it is)

Players not necessarily have only one criteria (money) while signing contracts. There are not many clubs who can offer same working environment to her. To me it makes sense to sign a long contract. It is a win-win to both sides

• I loved to share with you guys one video, best of moments of Jovana Mirosavljevic from today matches between Jedinstvo and Vizura in 15th round of the Serbian Super league. She is 19 years old, amazing girl and big potential. She must to train and to learn a lot more, also she does not have a lot of cm but with explosivity and her amazing energy on court i hope that she will be successful and one of the most important grummet in Serbian national team.

* i am sorry because of low quality of the video but youtube was the only way to share with you this video, originaly is way better....