Serbia NT 2019

• Maja is not judging them when she is saying they are cold. Fe Garay and Fabiola said the same exactly thing. They are just expressing how they feel, but it is not like they are saying that is a bad thing.

sitenoise thinks Mihajlovic is the worst human being on planet because of her attitude on the court 😂.. But like is not that Mihajlovic is that person off court. In fact she's the totally opposite.

The Russians might be very friendly off the court but on the court they are very very cold and not friendly at all..

Maja is not saying they are bad people or asking them to change.

Moscow's coach is super cute. Him and Maja are always chatting during time outs.... But instead of him giving her advice I guess she's the one giving him advice 😂.

• I don't think Russian players are cold to foreigner ones. It's obviously exaggerating to me. If Russian players are cold to Maja why she does want to stay in Moscow. Maybe Maja has some issues with language, our players usually are not good in English language to communicate with foreigners. Being cold is something depend on person, individual stuffs. It's early to judge teammates bcz it was her first year there. Here is the link, Elisa Vasileva with Koroleva and if our players were cold to her, how she would be able to speak in Russian and chose properly which song belonged to Tatars which belonged to Russians.

Also Irina is not the 'typical' Russian personality we see on the court all the time. She smiles a lot, makes jokes with her teammates.. so this is not a great example

• https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Королёва,_Ирина_Владимировна

Irina Koroleva was born in Russia, Novosibirsk. If you mean about her surname (Zaryazhko), that surname can came from Ukrainian root. Maybe her father or grandfather or else could be from Ukraine. It doesn't show she is from Ukraine. Anyway, Ksyusha Parubets (Ilchenko) has similar surname with Ukrainian but her mother Irina Smirnova (also volley player) was Russian about her father or his root who cares?

Everybody says that Koshe and Goncha from Belorussia and Ukraine but their surnames are the same with Russians but it doesn't matter they are Belorussian and Ukrainian. In Russia if your surname ends "ko" doesn't show your Ukrainian. Mostly, their father or grandfather or root came from there but they are definitely not Ukrainians, even they don't speak in Ukrainian language and even most of them don't see Ukraine. My surname ends "ski" and it doesn't show I'm from Poland or Polish, my father has Polish root. It's ridiculous to me to discuss off the topics. We put volleyball aside and talk about players' root. :offtopic:

I see you completely misunderstood my post. What I mean was her PERSONALITY is not typical Russian. Same as Kosheleva. Nothing to do with her origin

• Maja is not saying that they're cold to her, she says they're like that in general - reserved and not really sociable, and with the languages issues it's even more difficult to get to know them.

But she also says she's accepted that it's simply the way it is and that in general she's satisfied with her life in Moscow, which is why she extended her contract.

• sitenoise thinks Mihajlovic is the worst human being on planet because of her attitude on the court 😂..

I don't think that

• They're more robotic than cold...cold is at least a personality trait. 😋 Kosh is the exception.

Oh come on. It's part of their culture to not be smiley and expressive , they are raised like that. That probably makes harder things like meeting new people, opening up to strangers etc. People perceive normal behaviour differently, you can like that behaviour or not, but calling them non-human is just rude and stupid.

• Oh come on. It's part of their culture to not be smiley and expressive , they are raised like that. That probably makes harder things like meeting new people, opening up to strangers etc. People perceive normal behaviour differently, you can like that behaviour or not, but calling them non-human is just rude and stupid.

I was being facetious but dear God...Did you really think I just called them "non-human" ??? I even used a silly emoji and shit...LOL Anyway from an outsiders point of view they seem to operate in a no-non-sense type mode every time they're on the court. They never really get too high or too low no matter how the game is going and most of the time stripped of any emotions seemingly like a ROBOT, almost. I feel like I was just victimized by our cancelled culture. LOL Anyway it's not that serious. ☺

• I was being facetious but dear God...Did you really think I just called them "non-human" ??? I even used a silly emoji and shit...LOL Anyway from an outsiders point of view they seem to operate in a no-non-sense type mode every time they're on the court. They never really get too high or too low no matter how the game is going and most of the time stripped of any emotions seemingly like a ROBOT, almost. I feel like I was just victimized by our cancelled culture. LOL Anyway it's not that serious. ☺

There is no human without personality traits🤷 I just saw to many comments on this site about Russians "not having souls" and your post was the last straw. I thought you were calling them robots in general, since the discussion above was about their socializing off the court. So i do agree with you about them on the court ✌️

• We know the roster for the VNL, finally.

S: Maja Ognjenović, Slađana Mirković, Aleksandra Ćirović, Mila Đorđević, Emilija Antanasijević

OPP: Tijana Bošković, Ana Bjelica, Sara Lozo, Milica Kubura, Sara Carić

L: Silvija Popović, Teodora Pušić, Marija Popović, Aleksandra Tadić, Bojana Gočanin

MB: Milena Rašić, Stefana Veljković, Jovana Stevanović, Maja Aleksić, Mina Popović, Maja Savić, Jovana Kocić, Sara Vučićević

OH: Brankica Mihajlović, Jelena Blagojević, Bjanka Buša, Bojana Milenković, Katarina Lazović, Katarina Jović, Milica Tasić, Mina Mijatović, Ana Pejičić

First off, no Bojana Živković and Tijana Malešević :white: Terzić's biggest pets (alongside Bjelica) 8| I seriously don't know what to think of it. Perhaps Bojana will be skipping the VNL in order to have a belated honeymoon or something, but she's actually having a really good season in Russia and I hope she'll be back on NT later in the summer. As for Malešević, unless she got injured again, she definitely should have been on the list. She needs matches. Bojana Milenković is there and she hasn't played a match since October.

No Antonijević either. That's perhaps not too surprising. OTOH, I don't believe Ognjenović will play a second of VNL so I have no idea why she IS there. And God help us with that setter position now. Hopefully it will be a good learning experience for Mirković and whoever else gets to play.

Those players you haven't heard of are all young. Some of them are promising. Maybe.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear Terzić's reasoning for some of these choices.

• I’m so happy for Maja Savić, she deserved it :heart:

Ljubica Kecman (OH) had fantastic season in Poland, she should be in the roster as well ?(

You will have a lot of problems if Mirkovic will be the first setter, she had terrible season :white:

• I see Malagurski isn't called this year. Did she play at all this season? I know she was supposed to join Crvena Zvezda this season.

• I wonder if the vets including Maja will play in the first week as Serbia is hosting, like a celebration after the WCH tittle. But I hope NOT...they need a very long vacation.....in fact I wish all the vets would not even play VNL at all... A team OG QL & ECH ......B Team VNL & WC.

I bet Zivkovic is just skipping VNL, but Ana might have given up. I`m so happy Mirkovic will get a lot of playing time. I like Cirovic but she spent the whole season on the bench....same for Aleksic ( at least this one got more playing time).

Kecman injury really sucks :(.... I wish Rankovic would have been given a chance.

Lozo as OPP? I can`t even imagine how much she learned by playing in a such low level league. Will be interesting to see if Kubura and Caric will get a chance to play....( there`s really no reason to have Boskovic playing).

I`m glad Savic is back. In a way Ninkovic could be there as well...but i like the idea of giving younger players a chance...but no Mdark?...that sucks.

Really surprised Malesevc is not there. Since she has not played much...but still got to practice with FIrenze, I felt like VNL would be a great opportunity to get her back in shape. I hope she comes back.

I saw a video of Milenkovic jumping, and she has been doing some things with the ball. If she`s not ready for VNL I feel confident she certainly would be ready for the WC at least.