Serbia NT 2019

• Yes. I forgot about Danica Radenkovic. She used to was quite good setter. Back in 2015 she was really good player. She should be called.

Also, as you mentioned, Ranković is missing :( I guess Crncevic will never be called :D

• I wonder if the vets including Maja will play in the first week as Serbia is hosting, like a celebration after the WCH tittle.

Actually, that's the only explanation I can think of for Maja being on the list at all. It's perhaps her last chance to play in front of her home crowd and she may not want to miss out on it. And I'm sure most other A team players want to play in Belgrade, it's been a while since they last had a chance to do it. Yeah, it takes an extra effort after such a long season, but it's feasible with the tournament being held in the first week - if it was week 4, for example, it would be much more difficult logistically. This way, some of them can play the first week and then get some time off, and I'll be surprised if that doesn't happen. But we'll see what Terzić has on his mind.

I'm sorry about Kecman's injury, but frankly, I don't think she'd get a call even if she was healthy. She never does, just like Ranković and Crnčević. I don't know why, but that's just Terzić's MO. There's a core group of players and then there are those youngsters from domestic league. If you're in neither group, it's extremely difficult to break through. Blagojević is the only recent example I can think of, and even she had some A team experience from years back.

Maja Savić has been absolutely dominant in blocking in Serbian league and I'm glad she got a call. I also hope she finds a good club abroad for the next season.

As for Sanja Malagurski, she did sign with Crvena Zvezda, but she never played a single match and no explanation was ever given. And then at one point she disappeared from all social media and I was actually worried for a while, but she has resurfaced lately. Apparently she's been spending some time in Italy. I don't know for what reason, but she seems happy. Anyway, I think her days as a top level pro player are sadly over.

• Doesn't the VNL roster have to be a subset of an official calendar year 2019 FIVB registered wide roster? Or is there no such thing?

There's 32 players on that VNL roster and there's talk of other players joining later in the summer. Dunno where I came up with the notion of a wide roster capped at 30(?) that teams had to pick and choose from for the year's FIVB tournaments. I know teams can shuffle from within the (figment of my imagination?) wide roster each week of the VNL but I didn't realize teams could bring people in and out willy-nilly throughout the year?(

• This is the wide roster for VNL ONLY. At some point I think only 21 or something around that makes the final cut. And I think for each round only 14 players can make it.

Other players could join their teams later BUT other other tournaments such as the OG qualifier, Continental Championship, and World Cup.

These lists we are seeing are just for VNL.

• Doesn't the VNL roster have to be a subset of an official calendar year 2019 FIVB registered wide roster? Or is there no such thing?

There's no such thing :) Each tournament has its own roster, independently of the others, except that the FIVB apparently demands that VNL roster must contain a certain number of players who participated in the previous year's edition.

For example, Ognjenović wasn't on the VNL roster last year, just like Goncharova wasn't on Russian, but they showed up at WCh.

• Well, I’ll be. Gives me hope Japan might rectify a couple errors made to their Unspecified wide roster, but I doubt it. They’re constrained by their web site admin’s policy of “one roster, one web page per fiscal year”. No exceptions.

• It looks like some players (I guess it's easy to figure out which) decided they weren't going to play VNL without consulting Terzić first and now he's pissed. He says it's totally understandable that some of them need to rest after long seasons and/or injuries, but that it's up to the coach to make the final decision about it. It also appears that the roster won't be changed much after the VNL, if at all.

Like I expected, he wants the A team to play the first week at home and then some of them will be given time off.

• It looks like some players (I guess it's easy to figure out which) decided they weren't going to play VNL without consulting Terzić first and now he's pissed. He says it's totally understandable that some of them need to rest after long seasons and/or injuries, but that it's up to the coach to make the final decision about it. It also appears that the roster won't be changed much after the VNL, if at all.

Like I expected, he wants the A team to play the first week at home and then some of them will be given time off.

And which players are you talking about?

• Uhm, she's tired from WHAT exactly? She barely played this season.

Of course, it's her life and her decisions and whatever makes her happy, but I think she's seriously shooting her career in the foot here. Look, girl became a World champion and STILL wasn't able to find a club. What makes her think the chances are going to get any better after what's basically an entire year of inactivity? This could have been a great opportunity for her to put herself on the map again. But like I said, her life, her decisions.

• To be honest I am not sure If she will be very missed in NT. Both Blagojeviç and Busa showed that they can be as good as Maleseviç if not better. Indeed if Milenkoviç comes back as strong as pre-injury shape, also she will more useful than current Maleseviç. What missing in this roster is a backup to Mihajloviç. In the absence of Malagurski, I can't think of anybody who can play in the case of injury of Mihajloviç (maybe Bjelica?)

• Malesevic will not play this year at all, she asked Terzic to take a year off due to being tired, so i guess it's Zivkovic and Antonijevic

I think it could well be Malešević too. Usually, when they make a joint decision, he says something like "We agreed that player A will skip this tournament in order to rest, player B will be joining us later this summer because she has some personal matters she needs to attend to and player C will not be playing this year at all but we hope to see her again next summer" or something to that extent, and now he didn't mention any names and just said that it's unacceptable for players to just pick and choose which tournaments they're going to play.

I also feel like what he said might have been a reaction to Maja's recent interview where she had basically already made the schedule for this summer herself (the OG qualies and maaaaaybe ECh) - which sounds very reasonable in itself, but I agree with him that such "anarchy" is not welcome and every decision needs to be made after discussing it with the coach beforehand.

As for Tijana, I really don't want to bash her, some of the team's biggest success (WC '15 and ECh '17 in particular) would not have been possible without her contribution and for that I'll be eternally grateful to her, but I feel she's been sabotaging herself a lot lately and it's a shame. I think she may well have removed herself from the contention for a spot on the Olympic team already.

• Without Malesevic Serbia would not have been able to win Silver at the WC and OG. Of course she will be missed...but now there`s Busa,Blagojevic,Milenkovic, so if she`s not ready to play " it is ok" for her to leave, but I`m pretty sure if she was the only option available she would be there...and I have no doubt she would come back if something happens and she`s needed.

I think she`s mentally tired, but either way.....this can serve as example for all those players crying they are tired because the schedule is too tight, too long, etc....There u have it....nobody is forced to play...if u tired u can simply choose Not to play...and like Malesevic just said " There`s younger players out there ready to play".

But I feel bad, will be hard for her to find a club next season. Unfortunately Serbians are not able to afford having a poor season and still find a club...unlikely players from some other country as they can have as many poor seasons as they want and still they can easily find a top club anytime.

She`s a amazing player, her game is based on pure skills, she does not rely on height or strength.

• Yeah, I don't think the NT will miss her at all... She really thinks she's some kind of a big deal:gone:

It is very important for players to "talk" with us fans...it is very annoying when there`s a injury or something like this but we are just kept in the dark. She came out and let us know why she`s not there. Now we know what happened ... and this is great.

• Bad vibes all around! =O

LOL are you channeling Dennis Hopper?

• I Just wanna let the sun shine and get as many good vibes as I can. This Is the new me. I won't share my opinions about volleyball anymore, so I won't get a chance to find myself as a part of a fight. #OnlyPositiveVibes :saint: