Serbia NT 2019

• I Just wanna let the sun shine and get as many good vibes as I can. This Is the new me. I won't share my opinions about volleyball anymore, so I won't get a chance to find myself as a part of a fight. #OnlyPositiveVibes :saint:

But I liked reading your opinions. :( It's just sad that some people don't know how to disagree in a nice way.

• After WCH he said something like "some new younger girls will get a chance and play VNL and the ones that didn't have a rest for years , will get a time off", so they must have gone "Oh that's me, free summer woohoo" and when they got a call they were surprised. Their approach was probably bad and Terzic likes throwing shade so it makes stuff like that happen less. But if he was clearly not going full strength on winning it i understand that they wouldn't expect to do the VNL travelling just to fail at the end .

VNL really made a mess with not being important but yet being exhausting. Choosing tournaments is bad but seeking for rest should be fine too when it's reasonable.

This season might be for finding replacement for the players that will retire after OG so i don't see Malesevic playing games to get in shape for a start and then having a big role in ECH which would land her a top club offer.Playing full time in some average club might help her get her confidence and game on. She had some rest when she didn't have a club this year, but she knew she would be 70% benched this NT season too and that's exhausting also.

• VNL really made a mess with not being important but yet being exhausting. Choosing tournaments is bad but seeking for rest should be fine too when it's reasonable.

This season might be for finding replacement for the players that will retire after OG

I’m definitely not a fan of the VNL and preferred the wgp because it at least earned ranking points. But at least now that it’s worth basically nothing it gives the new young players more opportunities to gain experience at the international level, and help coaches see who has the most potential

• Zivkovic.

It's hard for anyone to remember when the list of national team players came out for a big competition without the name of Bojana Zivkovic.

On this last, a few days ago, and in relation to the League of Nations, that's exactly what happened. And it is not a "stunt" in changing the surname after the wedding, in Drča, but simply, it will miss the first of the four obligations of the blue national selection.

- That's how I made a deal with Zoran Terzic. The season in Russia is extremely tiring and difficult, so I need a break. Not from representation, but from volleyball in general. I leak the league nation safely, for later we'll see.

Good games were the reason why it is very close to solving the issue now where it will play next year, or to continue where it stood with Lokomotiv from Kaliningrad.

- We're very close to agreeing. Satisfaction is mutual, so there is no reason not to continue our cooperation. I believe that we will formalize everything very quickly.

http://odbojka-volleyball.com/…HBVn70hyzOsM6GOuH21kN_aBs

• I don't really buy it. I mean, I'm sure they "agreed" in the sense that he's not gonna come and physically drag her to the team gathering, but he was pretty clear - some players do need and will get a break, but that's decided AFTER the whole team comes together and undergoes medical examinations etc. A lot of other players on the list had very long and tiring seasons, and I'm sure all the regulars from the WCh team would like to skip VNL, so I don't see why Živković and Malešević are the only special snowflakes with the luxury of getting time off in advance, while everyone else has to show up.

I'm still pretty sure something happened behind the scenes, but I'm also sure that no one wants another Spasojević debacle, so I hope it will be resolved. And I do hope that Bojana will play the Olympic qualies, but at this point I really wouldn't count on it.

• I don't really buy it. I mean, I'm sure they "agreed" in the sense that he's not gonna come and physically drag her to the team gathering, but he was pretty clear - some players do need and will get a break, but that's decided AFTER the whole team comes together and undergoes medical examinations etc. A lot of other players on the list had very long and tiring seasons, and I'm sure all the regulars from the WCh team would like to skip VNL, so I don't see why Živković and Malešević are the only special snowflakes with the luxury of getting time off in advance, while everyone else has to show up.

I'm still pretty sure something happened behind the scenes, but I'm also sure that no one wants another Spasojević debacle, so I hopie it will be resolved. And I do hope that Bojana will play the Olympic qualies, but at this point I really wouldn't count on it.

Actually was heppened on this line Terzic-Spasojevic?

• On the official site of Serbian Volleyball association a list was published wich includes Milena Rasic, on the other side on VNL site Milena Rasic is not on the list.

Does anybody know anything about that.

Whether it is mistake or something else.

https://www.ossrb.org/sve-vest…seniorki-32-igracice.html

https://www.volleyball.world/e…/srb%20serbia/team_roster

• Silvija Popović is not on the FIVB list either.

It's strange. It makes sense for Popović to skip the VNL, but why put her on the list in the first place then. And Rašić could have easily been substituted by another MB is she wasn't going to play.

Perhaps it's a mistake.

• 18 players at the team gathering today. The rest will join later.

S: Ognjenović, Mirković, Đorđević, Antanasijević

OPP: Lozo, Kubura

OH: Mihajlović, Buša, Milenković, Lazović

MB: Popović, Savić, Kocić, Vučićević

L: Silvija Popović, Marija Popović, Tadić, Gočanin

Terzić said that VNL will mostly serve to try out younger players, except for the first week in Belgrade where he wants the A team to play, but it will depend on the physical condition of each player. He still has no idea about what to do with the World Cup and which team to send, it will be decided at some point in August. And lots of bitching about the VNL and FIVB's schedule, like always. :rolll:

kpz4.jpg

• I guess a lot of these players are unknown to people, let me put a name to a face on the picture above.

Top row, from left to right: Maja Ognjenović, Jovana Kocić, Mila Đorđević, Mina Popović, Sara Vučićević, Milica Kubura, Katarina Lazović, Sara Lozo, Bjanka Buša, Slađana Mirković

Bottom row: Maja Savić, Emilija Antanasijević, Marija Popović (I guess? She's the only one I really don't know), Aleksandra Tadić, Bojana Gočanin, Bojana Milenković, Silvija Popović, Brankica Mihajlović

• I guess a lot of these players are unknown to people, let me put a name to a face on the picture above.

Top row, from left to right: Maja Ognjenović, Jovana Kocić, Mila Đorđević, Mina Popović, Sara Vučićević, Milica Kubura, Katarina Lazović, Sara Lozo, Bjanka Buša, Slađana Mirković

Bottom row: Maja Savić, Emilija Antanasijević, Marija Popović (I guess? She's the only one I really don't know), Aleksandra Tadić, Bojana Gočanin, Bojana Milenković, Silvija Popović, Brankica Mihajlović

Yes that is Marija Popovic.

I know her personally and she is really great potential, and in the future, Serbia could have stability in libero position, although we will see how she will show up in professional volleyball. She should graduate this year and next season she should play in serbia if in the meantime she does not get some offer from abroad.

http://www.etsubucs.com/volley…7-18/9204/marija-popovic/

• Yes that is Marija Popovic.

I know her personally and she is really great potential, and in the future, Serbia could have stability in libero position, although we will see how she will show up in professional volleyball. She should graduate this year and next season she should play in serbia if in the meantime she does not get some offer from abroad.

http://www.etsubucs.com/volley…7-18/9204/marija-popovic/

Let's hope so! Silvija is not going to be around much longer and I'm not convinced that Pušić is a long term solution. Hopefully she doesn't come back to Serbia, though, it really is no environment for a player of her age to develop further. I mean, just look at Nikolina Lukić. What a huge prospect she was a few years ago, and how nothing came off it. That's why I'm pissed that Antanasijević is staying in Jedinstvo for another 3 years. She is a talented setter, but by the time her contract runs out, she'll be 27 already and I really doubt she'll be much better. That's wasted time.

Terzić got a lot of heat for his (or rather, his assistents') selection of players from domestic league. I think a lot of criticism has been unwaranted, as there's certainly no future Ognjenović or Bošković that's been left out, but I do think the list could have been somewhat different. Sara Carić had a lot of physical problems due to a growth spurt and she still made it to the list (but is probably not fit enough to join the team preparations), while Milka Stijepić who had a very good season didn't. I'm really surprised that Jovana Mirosavljević wasn't included as well, she really is better than those other young OHs (except for Lazović) who did get the call.

• Let's hope so! Silvija is not going to be around much longer and I'm not convinced that Pušić is a long term solution. Hopefully she doesn't come back to Serbia, though, it really is no environment for a player of her age to develop further. I mean, just look at Nikolina Lukić. What a huge prospect she was a few years ago, and how nothing came off it. That's why I'm pissed that Antanasijević is staying in Jedinstvo for another 3 years. She is a talented setter, but by the time her contract runs out, she'll be 27 already and I really doubt she'll be much better. That's wasted time.

Terzić got a lot of heat for his (or rather, his assistents') selection of players from domestic league. I think a lot of criticism has been unwaranted, as there's certainly no future Ognjenović or Bošković that's been left out, but I do think the list could have been somewhat different. Sara Carić had a lot of physical problems due to a growth spurt and she still made it to the list (but is probably not fit enough to join the team preparations), while Milka Stijepić who had a very good season didn't. I'm really surprised that Jovana Mirosavljević wasn't included as well, she really is better than those other young OHs (except for Lazović) who did get the call.

I admire and hope that he will get a chance to play for Volero, although the French league is not the strongest in Volar, there are exceptional experts who can draw 100 of its potentials.

Also, I'm surprised that Mirosavljevic is not on the list. She played a fantastic season and she thought she had fired to find her on the list. A possible reason, though unlikely, for her absence is an annual one.Jovana is a graduate and the system of education in Serbia is such that final exams of secondary schools at the end of May at the beginning of June. Whetever the reason, I certainly think that Serbia can have stability in the position 4 together with Milenkovic, Lazovic,.....

• I actually like Pušić a lot. She showed a lot of good things in 2017. It was a bummer Terzic did not trust her for the ECH and played with Blagojevic instead. I wish we had see more of her last year, hopefully she get to play a lot more this season. It is just hard for foreigner liberos to play in good leagues. (Maybe they should have a rule where the libero does not count as foreigner, so someone like Castilo could easily play for any top team in the world.

We gotta wait and see....but I have a feeling we will see Maja quite a lot this season ( at least more that what I kinda expected). I don`t see Terzic giving her extra rest, like if he`s playing a game with the starters, that means Maja will have to play that game as well.

I would have Boskovic, Maja, Mihajlovic, Rasic, Veljkovic, S. Popovic playing only at the OG QL and ECH plus the first week only at VNL.

• Maja has made it pretty clear that she's not going to be playing in VNL, except maybe the first week. But she does mention playing at the ECh (as opposed to just the Olympic qualifications, like in her earlier interviews), so we probably will see quite a lot of her this summer.

It makes sense, as Živković looks to be definitely out for the season. According to Terzić, she and Malešević "are free for this year and we'll see about the future". Perhaps I'm reading too much into things, but to me it sounds different compared to when Brakočević, Nikolić and Ćebić retired from NT and he said they were welcome to come back whenever they want, so...

I didn't think I'd ever miss Živković, but now I kinda do :cheesy: As for Antonijević, she's not even mentioned anywhere, so I believe she's definitely done with the NT, sadly.

• The roster on the FIVB page has been updated and Maja's name is NO longer on it. And neither are Milena Rašić, Silvija Popović and Jovana Stevanović.

So, I guess no VNL for them this year.
    Brankica is the new captain. :flower:

It means no "all stars" team for the first tournament after all. Bošković and Mihajlović are probably going to be there. I'm not so sure about Stefana, so soon after the CL final.

A bit of a bummer, honestly. I'm sure the people would have loved to see Maja and Milena on court in Belgrade.