Serbia NT 2019

• It's really important that MBs are performing well, since Rasic won't play the whole year and that potential drama with Stevanovic. That would make one of them the starting MB in the future. I don't have hopes for qualifying in top six of LN. I hope Lozo or Lazovic will shine, Terzic won't go with Busa and Blagojevic duo, but i would always have one of them on court. Good thing that Antanasijevic got a chance already, because Mirkovic will probably have bad times from time to time and she will need to come in.

• Milena will be back for Olympic qualies and ECh, as I understand. But I agree that it's important that some of the MBs that have been outside "the big 3" step up.

I also think it's high time Lazović starts seeing more action. Hopefully already from the next tournament on.

Maja is there to support the team :)

Maja-i-Stefana-1170x780.jpg

• The roster for the 2nd week:

S: Mirković, Antanasijević

OPP: Bjelica, Kubura

MB: Popović, Aleksić, Savić, Kocić

OH: Blagojević, Buša, Lozo, Lazović

L: Pušić, Gočanin

It should be something very similar for the 3rd week as well, without the main players.

I don't think Terzić's idea of having the best possible team play in Belgrade really worked out and perhaps it was better to go with the B squad since the beginning, but it was impossible to know in advance.

• Keeping fingers for Savić, I hope she will show Terzić that she deserves to be taken into consideration as 4th MB for Serbia.

• What happened with Nataša Čikiriz?

She was a good prospect years ago... isn’t she NT material?

:sos:

• She played in polish league few years ago and she was just horrible. If I remember right she didn't have single good game :(

Then she moved to german league and after two season in Potsdam she returned to serbian league.

• She played in polish league few years ago and she was just horrible. If I remember right she didn't have single good game :(

Then she moved to german league and after two season in Potsdam she returned to serbian league.

She was only one season (2017/18) in Potsdam and she was one of the worst OH of the whole league in that season. In the beginning she was starter but she played very bad and in the 2nd half of the season she almost never appeared on court again.

• What happened with Nataša Čikiriz?

She was a good prospect years ago... isn’t she NT material?

:sos:

She was a good prospect but she did not improve her skills. She is so slow and that is her bad side height and strength are good side. She played last year for OK Tent from Obrenovac and again she did not show much more than previous year.

But Lazovic...., she is burning and she did not show a half of skills yet.

I dont see her in first team alongside with Mihajlovic because she is still poor on reception but in feature Bošković-Milenković-Lazović-Aleksic they will lead Serbian NT.

It seems to me that Mirkovic is on the right track, it's a pretty changeable view of her game and her future, but for example, I did not have a very high opinion of Zivkovic, but since 2017 she showed her value.

• It is such a shame Nataša Čikiriz was not able to develop, she`s got the perfect height for a OH ( she`s taller than MIlenkovic,Lozo,Lazovic). But she was not able to put everything together......some players just does not get what they need in order to improve when they go from youth to adult.

That`s why the process of developing players in the USA is better than elsewhere....over here a player gets the chance to work on their game for 4 years while getting the best and everything they need in order to get there....They are not considered a "finished product" until they are 21-22.

I`m afraid Lozo,Aleksi and Cirovic might follow the same path as she went to play in Kazakhstan and Romenia....that`s a major setback.

The level of play in Serbia looks better than in some of these countries. For example Lozo and Aleksi looked much better last year after playing in Serbia, but now they are not shown anything so far as I don`t think they really learned anything from playing in Kazakhstan and Romenia.....same goes for Pusic.....if they can`t find clubs at least in Poland and Germany they should just go back and play in Serbia.

Milenkovic and Lazovic have played in Serbia only and they showed they can play. Would be nice if small clubs in good leagues would give the chance for young Serbians more often...but that`s not the case....I mean even Malesevic and Malagurski could not find a club after having just 1 poor season. While players from "X" can play poorly as much as they want and they still can find good clubs.

So it is very hard for Serbia to keep a strong National Team going.

• It seems to me that Mirkovic is on the right track, it's a pretty changeable view of her game and her future, but for example, I did not have a very high opinion of Zivkovic, but since 2017 she showed her value.

I agree......Mirkovic does give some bad sets sometimes....but the reason that happens is because 1- she has not a lot of experience and 2- she`s being creative. She`s not trying to play a safe and boring game...and this is the kinda of thing you can not teach a player.....some players out there are "solid" butt they play safe and that`s why they never reach the nevel level.....Mirovic has the creative side in her already and practice makes perfect.....Mirkovic will get there.

• So Brakocevic will play for Novara as Italian? Does that mean she can`t play for Serbia anymore?

I think she will can play for Serbian National team again unrelated to play in Novara as italian. On the other hand IMO it is unlikely that she will want to rejoin the nation team again.

Rules about nationality by fivb:

http://www.fivb.org/en/FIVB/Do…lations_2018_20180504.pdf

I did not read entire text so i did not find anything that could help us accurately know if she will be able to play again for Serbia or not.

• 1. Brakocević would have changing nationality procedure led by FIVB to be considered as Italian world wide.

2. It depends on national league how to treat player with two nationalities - in Italy she will be counted as Italian, while for example Polish league doesn't accept double passports (Dominika Sobolska or Kaja Grobelna were Belgians in Polish league as Belgium is their FIVB country).

• The same squad for week 3 as for week 2. Terzić will not be there in Kortrijk, though, he goes to Belgrade to work with the rest of the team. The assistant coach Branko Kovačević will lead the team in Belgium instead.

I've barely got to see any of the VNL, but I did watch the games against DR and Italy this week and they really weren't half bad. IMO it was much better than in week 1 that had a much stronger squad. I'm glad to see the girls are trying really hard and making the most of the chances they get.

The only slight disappointment is Maja Aleksić. I still have faith in her and expect much bigger things, but she still looks very nervous and stiff. Hopefully she'll be able to shake it off and show everything she's got.

• I was hoping Serbia would win the next 3 games...but without Terzic I`m not sure they can beat Poland. I have a feeling Serbia might not even want to qualify for the Final Round because if they do they are expected to send "A" team. Terzic avoided the Final round in 2014 and 2015.

I agree about Aleksić, but she was just a backup with Albaj, the league over there is already not strong and sitting on the bench just make things worse. She would be better off if she stayed in Serbia, same can be said for CIrovic.

Is nice to see that some girls coming straight from the Serbia League are showing they can play....like Aleksić showed much more potential last year after have played in Serbia........but after Romania she`s not looking good.

• I’m quite sure Terzic has no interest in making the finals. I also only saw a little of them in week 2 (sorry but Roland Garros > VNL for me) but what I saw was definitely more promising than in week 1. Mirkovic in particular looked like a different player.

• I agree absolutely with you about Aleksic. She played better for 2 years ago than now, especially in block. But i expect from her that she will be lead middle blocker before national team retirment of Rasic, Veljkovic, Stevanovic.(Kocic was be a good proscpect but she is focus on her studies and she neglect her volleyball career a bit). Aleksic looks likes she is confused trough the entire match. Statistic from Romaniam where she was played in last year tell us that she had a good season in both skills (attack and block).

So i expect to play better in the coming weeks, but i think it is worth trying and giving a chance to Maja Savic to show up her quality.

• I’m quite sure Terzic has no interest in making the finals. I also only saw a little of them in week 2 (sorry but Roland Garros > VNL for me) but what I saw was definitely more promising than in week 1. Mirkovic in particular looked like a different player.

Nick Kyrgios: "French Open sucks"

:rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll: