Serbia NT 2019

• Stevanovic has an interview on one sport television in Serbia(Arena Sport) in wich among other things she talked about her non playing for national team this year and gave reasons why it had happened(at least she tried). In the first part of the interview she talked about how she had time trought the summer to think about her future and how she would like to be a wife and mother some day....in the middle of the interview she talked about dialogue with association and how it looked before the season started. She said that she had one phone call, with Zoran Gajic(president of Volleyball federstion of Serbia), in wich she told him about her plans and motives and why she would like to miss national tema action, after that she played with Scandicci play of match Cev CL against Fenerbahce and repeat her plans and motives to Terzic and once more she repeat that to Gajic in live meeting. After that she talked about that there were false rumors in the media that she just had not appeared in the preparations without any explanation, then there were also false rumors that she had informed Association via email that she will not play for the national team.

Few times she repeat luck of dialogue.

IMO while Terzic is national team coach Stevanovic we will not see in national team.( i am very sad because that and i hope i wrong with this opinion).

link of the interview(on Serbian language)

• Well, Terzić obviously didn't accept her reasons for skipping the NT season, whatever they were, and expected her to show up at the start of preparations (which she could have done, even though she didn't intend to play!), she didn't do it, and that's it.

As for the "lack of communication", I don't see it as an issue for any other player currently on the NT, so I don't know why she should be that special snowflake who needs her hand to be held 24/7. She doesn't sound all too convincing telling her side of the story, IMO.

But still, I hope the problem will be solved, she's still an asset for the team.

• With Popovic in such a great shape, I'm not sure Stevanovic will be missed. She is not having a great season so far anyways

• I disagree with that she does not have a great season. She is the third best mb in italy seria a by number

of points, she have 21 block in 5 matches(0.875 per set) and bad percentage in attack but she had had never be amazing spiker. But her efficency in block and good service is priceless for Serbian national team(and for any club where she is playing).

• I disagree with that she does not have a great season. She is the third best mb in italy seria a by number

of points, she have 21 block in 5 matches(0.875 per set) and bad percentage in attack but she had had never be amazing spiker. But her efficency in block and good service is priceless for Serbian national team(and for any club where she is playing).

Number of points doesn't matter (according to this ranking Kelsey Veltman is 4th best MB, do you really believe that can be true?) What matters is her attacking percentage and it doesn't seem good at all.

• She's not playing like in her best days in Pomi (and she never really played like that on NT, somehow) and Serbian NT has obviously shown that they can do just fine without her, but still, in her best form, she's a formidable player and if she can regain that form, she'd have a place on any team. I hope she hasn't closed the door behind her forever.

But it's still annoying that she doesn't say exactly why she wanted to skip this summer. And frankly, if it's because she wanted to hang out with Egonu, I wouldn't have accepted it as a valid enough reason either if I was in Terzić's place. Every single player has their partners, families, friends they miss out on spending time with. It goes with the territory. Hell, Silvija Popović missed her son's first day at school. And I'm sorry, but she's not Rašić who's earned her right to get some time off after being a part of the team for literally a decade. She still has a way to go.

And you'd think it's something you'd first discuss with your coach and not the president of the national volleyball federation (twice, no less). There's got to be much more to that story. OTOH, she still gets along great with pretty much everyone on the NT and no one seems to hold any kind of grudge against her, so who the hell knows.

• I honestly believe Stevanovic, and I think Terzic is the one that lied by saying she never contacted him and simply did not show up. Just like when he created the story that Malagurski was injured in 201, and later she denied by saying she was never injured.

I think he simply did not take it seriously at first when they talked and then when she did not show up, he simply pretended like he forgot about their talk.

Either way..... This should never happen, or at least I hope Terzic can fix it. Mina Popovic is did amazing, but I would much rather have her fighting for the 3rd spot with Stevanovic next summer.

Stevanovic is still young, I`m surprised she`s already making plans of becoming a mother, she could even go to Paris, but I want her to do what will make her happy and if her heart is not there (playing with NT) then.....well, it sucks for us, but I want her to be happy....and thankfully we can watch her playing in club still.

• Stevanovic hitting numbers have not been good past 2 seasons....but still she finished last season among best overall middles in the league.

Malinov simply can`t get the middles going....is not only with Stevanovic, it was with Adenizia and now with Kakolewska and Lubian. I really don`t know what`s wrong with Malinov, but I don`t see that getting fixed with Parisi.

• Number of points doesn't matter (according to this ranking Kelsey Veltman is 4th best MB, do you really believe that can be true?) What matters is her attacking percentage and it doesn't seem good at all.

????? It does matter.

Today Conegliano`s middles combined for 7 kills and 1 block. For a middle blocker to not even score a single block against a weak team in a game....well just because she`s playing for Conegliano it does not mean she`s a Top Blocker......so Veltman is certainly the 4th best even though she`s playing for a weak team.

• ????? It does matter.

Today Conegliano`s middles combined for 7 kills and 1 block. For a middle blocker to not even score a single block against a weak team in a game....well just because she`s playing for Conegliano it does not mean she`s a Top Blocker......so Veltman is certainly the 4th best even though she`s playing for a weak team.

One can be best scorer by just playing a lot of tiebreaks. If someone's attacking ratio is around 33%, it doesn't matter how many points she scored, she probably was getting a lot of sets.

By the way, what happened to 'i'm blocking you, I won't see your messages again'?😏

• One can be best scorer by just playing a lot of tiebreaks. If someone's attacking ratio is around 33%, it doesn't matter how many points she scored, she probably was getting a lot of sets.

This can be partly true, but one does simply not get a lot of sets/points if they were not good enough. When someone gets so many sets it's actually only natural for the kill% to gradually go down in numbers. A player could be playing with 37% 33 kills, maybe another 20% of those resulted in free balls or the opponent left disorganized or something else. If someone is top 5 best scorer of the league though we can surely say they're doing something right/have been playing good. Kill% is not everything either, a player could be 70% but only played a couple matches as a sub.

• This can be partly true, but one does simply not get a lot of sets/points if they were not good enough. When someone gets so many sets it's actually only natural for the kill% to gradually go down in numbers. A player could be playing with 37% 33 kills, maybe another 20% of those resulted in free balls or the opponent left disorganized or something else. If someone is top 5 best scorer of the league though we can surely say they're doing something right/have been playing good. Kill% is not everything either, a player could be 70% but only played a couple matches as a sub.

Yeah, that's why when the best spiker is being chosen, they have the highest hitting %, but have to have a certain amount of attempts

• One can be best scorer by just playing a lot of tiebreaks. If someone's attacking ratio is around 33%, it doesn't matter how many points she scored, she probably was getting a lot of sets.

By the way, what happened to 'i'm blocking you, I won't see your messages again'?😏

Yes I blocked you......but since you posted on Serbian NT I wanted to see who posted so I just clicked and it was you. I still have you blocked lol.

• This can be partly true, but one does simply not get a lot of sets/points if they were not good enough. When someone gets so many sets it's actually only natural for the kill% to gradually go down in numbers. A player could be playing with 37% 33 kills, maybe another 20% of those resulted in free balls or the opponent left disorganized or something else. If someone is top 5 best scorer of the league though we can surely say they're doing something right/have been playing good. Kill% is not everything either, a player could be 70% but only played a couple matches as a sub.

Example of this was last season with Egonu and Vargas.

They were scoring the same amount of points, but the difference was that Vargas was scoring that in 3-4 sets, while Egonu was scoring in 5 sets. Vargas was hitting over 60% while Egonu 40%. But Egonu was getting like 80-90 sets per match....so of course her hitting % goes down.

The thing about Stevanovic, her hitting numbers are not great because Malinov are not setting right, if Malinov were to simply ignore Stevanovic and only set her like 5 times, well Stevanovic`s numbers would be GREAT.....but Malinov at least has not given up and she`s still try to set her middles, but since the connection is no there, the hitting % is not great.... of course we can include Adenizia, Kakow and Lubian in this list.

Last season Veljkovic`s numbers were great, but she was getting less than 10 sets per game...so of course they would be great.

This argument is wrong, one could easily get a lot of sets just because there're not other good options to set or they simply play a lot of tiebreaks. Tutku Burcu Yuzgenç is 3rd best scorer of the Turkish league but her killing ratio is 29% which is terrible for an Opp. Does she get a lot of sets/points because she is good? No. Because her teammates are even worse and half of their matches were tie-breaks. So getting a lot of sets does not necessarily correlate with her 'goodness'.

While best attackers are ranked generally there are thresholds to set certain amount of sets to attack, the ones who attacks too few are already excluded from the rankings anyway.

• Yes I blocked you......but since you posted on Serbian NT I wanted to see who posted so I just clicked and it was you. I still have you blocked lol.

Liesss! You can already see the name of the user when you see a blocked post, you don't need to click on the post.

"I read all your messages but I still have blocked you" :lol:

• I have ask to Serbian friends.

As you may know there is conflict between Polish players and coach. President of Polish Federation said yesterday such words:

In the dispute between the players and the coach, the association stood firmly on the side of the coach. What if the volleyball players signed under the letter do not want to play in the squad?

President: We are not going to force anyone. Don't you want to play in the frame? It's hard, there are a few young players who can get a chance. Maybe it needs to be done like in the women's team of Serbia, where a few years ago there was also a rebellion against coach Zoran Terzic. The association threatened volleyballers with the withdrawal of certificates and the rebellion was ended. Terzić is still leading the team with great success.

Is it true? I heard about conflict between Terzić and Spasojević or Djerislo, but nothing like that. Can you confirm and give some details?

• There was never anything public, much less official about it. There were rumours that things were pretty bad after London and it's not really a secret a lot of people wanted Terzić gone, but from what I understand, it had more to do with the staff (some of which got replaced, team manager included) and the internal struggle for power within the federation and less with the players themselves. I don't doubt that some of them wanted the coach to changed, but I doubt it was 90% of the team. There were in fact some rumours that certain players (Rašić, Ognjenović) would quit IF Terzić got replaced.

• IMO, the situation is very different.

Terzić did/does have issues with individual players, not an actual rebellion of the whole team. Furthermore, unlike the Polish girls, Spasojević (and others) weren't forced to publicly outright speak against Terzić (even if the conflicts were public knowledge).

Also, Terzić at that point already had big successes with the NT in his CV, so the federation had reason to put their trust in him. Nawrocki doesn't.

I don't think the president of the Polish federation is right to make the comparison at all.