World Cup 2019

• I watched Russia play against Iran, and Ilya Vlasov's attacking and blocking potential is really amazing. At times he looks youthful, but he has a lot of potential to become the new Musersky. He has a very strong offense and he catches the ball far above the opponent's block.

You must be kidding. If you watch Russia league and VNL, you'll be pissed off by Vlasov's performance. One good game is not enough to save him. Vlasov's block is his biggest issue. Kurkaev and Yakolov are more promising than him in NT. Tomas did not even bring him in to Chicago for final 6 in VNL 2019.

• You must be kidding. If you watch Russia league and VNL, you'll be pissed off by Vlasov's performance. One good game is not enough to save him. Vlasov's block is his biggest issue. Kurkaev and Yakolov are more promising than him in NT. Tomas did not even bring him in to Chicago for final 6 in VNL 2019.

I completely agree with this. Vlasov only "plays good" against teams he has a considerable physical advantage. His attack, albeit looking impressive due to the great vertical, is really nothing to write home about. And of course blocking is his biggest liability. I can name at least about 10 Russian MBs who are better than him. He is the male version of Efimova in NT. Kurkaev and Yakovlev are miles better than him as evidenced by the roster choice of Sammelvuo during the summer.

PS. I'm not a Vlasov hater, just stating some facts :teach:

• I completely agree with this. Vlasov only "plays good" against teams he has a considerable physical advantage. His attack, albeit looking impressive due to the great vertical, is really nothing to write home about. And of course blocking is his biggest liability. I can name at least about 10 Russian MBs who are better than him. He is the male version of Efimova in NT. Kurkaev and Yakovlev are miles better than him as evidenced by the roster choice of Sammelvuo during the summer.

PS. I'm not a Vlasov hater, just stating some facts :teach:

I don't mind he mentioned Vlasov has some potentials. But saying that he will become the new Musersky is absurd.

IMHO, Musersky, Simon and Lisinac are top 3 active MBs in the world.

• now i can say Iran is the main favorite for being the worst team of the competition. only Tunisia can stop Iran for not finishing 12th.

things were OK until 24-22 in 2nd set but then Iran lost 4pts in a row and from then it was Egypt's motivation against Iran's laziness. today was the worst version of Iran in past 10 years. probably even before that when Iran was a 2nd tier Asian team.

• BOO!! No James Shaw, No Locker BTS :tzz::tzz:

• Maguguaguy starting again.:what::what::what:

• Isn't Egypt's coach the Netherlands' former coach?

You know it's a very funny coincidence with both teams overperforming under him. Egypt probably hit a jackpot when they signed this man and even though it's temporary, seeing an african nation top the rankings is just awesome to see.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• USA are no longer the same team from 2017. They lost the VNL gold medal to young Russia at home this year, and now struggling a lot in WC. Well, the world cup was never considered to be a standard, but still I expected them to perform better than this. Although they managed to win Italy, Anderson choked a lot in the game.

No upset coming from AUS as Brazil crushed them completely. I think Brazil has seriously come for the gold; only Poland may be able to stop them now. And I'm quite disappointed of AUS.

Poland managed to win JPN in four sets. Imagine Leon joining this team later, we'll see some interesting matches.

A comeback from the Russians turned the game 2-3 against Canada. As I'd said before, even Russia's third squad is enough to beat Canada, Argentina, Iran, and other average teams.

Tunisia lost the match against Argentina as expected, however, on the other side, Egypt somehow managed to defeat Iran. I'm quite excited since now we have a challenging African team. Things will be interesting.

• Current roster of Polish NT for next World Cup matches (except Nowakowski and Konarski this is the strongest roster):

• Fabian Drzyzga, Marcin Komenda
    • Łukasz Kaczmarek, Bartosz Kurek, Maciej Muzaj
    • Norbert Huber, Mateusz Bieniek, Karol Kłos, Jakub Kochanowski
    • Bartosz Kwolek, Wilfredo Leon, Aleksander Śliwka, Artur Szalpuk, Michał Kubiak
    • Damian Wojtaszek, Paweł Zatorski
  • Current roster of Polish NT for next World Cup matches (except Nowakowski and Konarski this is the strongest roster):

• Fabian Drzyzga, Marcin Komenda
    • Łukasz Kaczmarek, Bartosz Kurek, Maciej Muzaj
    • Norbert Huber, Mateusz Bieniek, Karol Kłos, Jakub Kochanowski
    • Bartosz Kwolek, Wilfredo Leon, Aleksander Śliwka, Artur Szalpuk, Michał Kubiak
    • Damian Wojtaszek, Paweł Zatorski

so this is the roster already for the match against USA?

• I’ve read that Sharam Mahmoudi was back to NT training some time ago? Is his form far from playing on court?

He trained with the team for a while before the OQT (and after VNL) but then left the team because he wasn't in a good shape. I don't know what's the plan with him for the future.

• Didn't expect the win today. that was a good idea to play with bench players after the Egypt disaster, at least Iran is not going to leave the tournament with 11 defeats :obey: :cup: (no kidding I was really afraid of that after losing to Egypt ^^)

• Wow Argentina's up 2 - 1