World Cup 2019

• POL 3:1 ARG

Sanchez is the best short setter I have seen. He's only 5‘7“. Even many female setters are taller than him.

But he had many amazing passes both in this game and the game vs USA.

• Who is this Polansky guy from Argentina. He seems promising no?

He's only 20-year-old, a rookie in U23 team, from a local Argentina club

• Who is this Polansky guy from Argentina. He seems promising no?

Does anybody knows his IG account? :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Finally we see Ben Patch. Japan isn't playing fundamentally very well. Maybe USA's coach feels secure enough to unleash him. Japan can still be a difficult opponent but they have to serve, receive and block better than what they've shown.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Gabi on the women's side has done a lot of amazing foot saves. And not to forget the legendary with her running kick saves.

You mean the legendary Fabi?

• So USA have five setters(one setter/opposite hybrid) and only one pure OH(De Falco) on the bench while Jaechske is out. That's some good planning from USA staff in a possibly quite tiring tournament.

#FreeBritney

• Considering how good Tuaniga and Ma'a are performing already, Kawika Shoji's days with NT may be over.

Are there teams with better setters than USA and Argentina? I mean: Christenson, Ma'a and Tuaniga for the USA; De Cecco, Uriarte and Sanchez for Argentina. And there are still good ones left for both the teams.

• Technical time out+ Patch serving equalserve out. :gone:

#FreeBritney

• Tuaniga's awareness is pretty good for a setter but he have to lose some weight to play much better when playing other than his role. His blocking is average in my opinion.

#FreeBritney

• This WC is predictable. BRA, USA and POL almost nailed top 3 spots. The game of BRA vs USA most likely will decide who's gonna win this title. Without knockout, the schedule is kinda ordinary and less exciting.

• Brazil eventually won 3x1. It could have been 3x0        

Iran actually Won another set when video challenge changed everything n instead ended up losing the set after Brazil made a 3 point come back. Had it not been for the video challenge iran could’ve won 3-1 even in The final set Brazil came back at the end n barely won. Future looks better for iran after our youth teams became world champs in 2 different age categories this year.

• Tuaniga's awareness is pretty good for a setter but he have to lose some weight to play much better when playing other than his role. His blocking is average in my opinion.

I agree. I think it's also interesting how he likes to mix his plays up by setting both wings more inside almost like they were combination plays.

• I’m curious about the intention of the Italian volleyball federation to recruit Dick Kooy to play in the World Cup. Given that Dick Kooy is already 32yo, he’s unlikely to be used for the next Olympic cycle. But at the moment, Juantorena is with the NT as a naturalized player.