World Cup 2019

• Intention implies a strategy. Italian federation is more like a headless chicken.

I would rather say that Dick Kooy is “headless chicken” than IF. Kooy closed his door to Dutch NT where he could play as starter. He should be/is aware that he is not the youngest and the only possibility to play in Italian NT is Juantorena’s injury. I doubt that Italian coach will build the next cycle roster with him in. And IF used decent player which they have right now. Better than others at the moment.

• USA can't buy any transition opportunities at the last stop. Brazil is outdefending and out-attacking them.

Block is also rather weak. It's 4-0 in favor of Brazil.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I don't believe Christenson is using Anderson as Bruno uses Alan. I think it would be better to sub in Patch for someone to crush the ball.

Bruno's ability to set behind to the middle blockers is also doing damage to the american block.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I really don't get why Speraw still brought Patch if he doesn't trust him to do the job. I know there's a statistic supporting the fact why Anderson is ahead of him but volleyball is more than numbers and sometimes passion can override normality.

Sometimes inconsistency is a good thing because you'll never know when a player can become so hot no one can stop him.

#FreeBritney

• I really don't get why Speraw still brought Patch if he doesn't trust him to do the job. I know there's a statistic supporting the fact why Anderson is ahead of him but volleyball is more than numbers and sometimes passion can override normality.

Sometimes inconsistency is a good thing because you'll never know when a player can become so hot no one can stop him.

with Patch, the inconsistency at the NT level is a constant. The main reason for Anderson is because Matt is a better overall player. When USA needs 4 person serve receive, Matt can drop in easily, Patch can’t.

• Brazil was flawless today. Incredible performance. If they manage to win this thing, I hope Alan gets the MVP award -- he truly deserves it.

• The first two sets of BRA vs USA were high quality. Very intense. Both sides showed amazing attack and defense.

Bruno outplayed Micah in this game. Both Micah and Anderson choked.

• After watching Russia's games, Vlasov is just so useless I wonder why Sammelvuo keeps on giving him chances .. Even Japanese MBs can block him :lol:

• I would rather say that Dick Kooy is “headless chicken” than IF. Kooy closed his door to Dutch NT where he could play as starter. He should be/is aware that he is not the youngest and the only possibility to play in Italian NT is Juantorena’s injury. I doubt that Italian coach will build the next cycle roster with him in. And IF used decent player which they have right now. Better than others at the moment.

Maybe playing as starter isn't enough for him? As far as I know all he cares are the Olympic games and the Dutch are not going there anytime soon. 1 percent chance is still better than zero.

• After watching Russia's games, Vlasov is just so useless I wonder why Sammelvuo keeps on giving him chances .. Even Japanese MBs can block him :lol:

not long ago, JPN played with MBs that were just 191 or 192 cm (i remember that from beijing 2008), but now yamauchi is 204, takahashi and onodera are 200 cm... although ri is only 194...

• The first two sets of BRA vs USA were high quality. Very intense. Both sides showed amazing attack and defense.

Bruno outplayed Micah in this game. Both Micah and Anderson choked.

I agreed that the first 2 sets of this match is of very high quality. The defense and the explosive offense fully reminded the audience that this is a match between volleyball superpowers. Although USA lost in straight sets, this is one of the most entertaining games in this World Cup lack of top-class rivalry.

• I would rather say that Dick Kooy is “headless chicken” than IF. Kooy closed his door to Dutch NT where he could play as starter. He should be/is aware that he is not the youngest and the only possibility to play in Italian NT is Juantorena’s injury. I doubt that Italian coach will build the next cycle roster with him in. And IF used decent player which they have right now. Better than others at the moment.

I don't think he cared about the Dutch NT. If the Dutch NT is strong enough to be semifinal favorites, Dick Kooy wouldn't close his door to the Dutch NT himself, even if he got Italian citizenship favorable to his career to play for the Italian clubs.

• don't they have to wait a few years before they can represent another country? is it 5 years?

I think there has to be a 2-year gap for an athlete to represent another country; this rule is imposed by FIVB. Each country obviously has its own naturalization policy such that the process can be long or short.