World Cup 2019

• Is Lima injured as well? He’s been sitting on the bench all the time. I only started watching near the end of set 1, so don’t know what happened beforehand.

Nah, just resting out the match. There seems to be some rest rotation in the team. For example, Danani didn't play vs Brazil despite we don't have any real substitute libero.

• Alan should be the starter OPP for BRA in Tokyo 2020. He improved a lot in last 2 years, both at SESI-SP and NT. Wallace's been on his downhill since Rio 2016.

I am impressed by Sanchez from Argentina. He's such a short setter (1.73m), but did a great job with his solid passes in this tournament.

Japan also showed the improvement. Nishida is a rising star. Even if he's only 1.87m as an OPP. He had great serve and power spike.

• Just imagine how good you have to be in order to even become a pro volleyballer with that height these days. And it's not like Argentina has only tiny setters to pick from, his substitute setter in this WC is almost 200cm tall, but he still starts and plays almost all points.

• Alan should be the starter OPP for BRA in Tokyo 2020. He improved a lot in last 2 years, both at SESI-SP and NT. Wallace's been on his downhill since Rio 2016.

Wallace requesting some time off from the NT was a blessing in disguise for Alan. Same for Cachopa, with William asking the year off. Both of them likely have a bright future ahead of them and I hope Alan manages to clinch the starter spot sooner than later. Some of the new guys that have popped up since last year (including Douglas, Flávio, Maique, Felipe Roque), will probably get even more playing time the next few years.

• Just imagine how good you have to be in order to even become a pro volleyballer with that height these days. And it's not like Argentina has only tiny setters to pick from, his substitute setter in this WC is almost 200cm tall, but he still starts and plays almost all points.

Yeah. He and Danani are like Takeshita and Sano. He can def and be like the 2nd libero with his height. Danani has to improve his sets so that he can help Sanchez when situation calls.

• BRA 3:2 POL

Now they secured WC 2019 champion. Poland actually played well in set #1 and #2. The turning point was set #2. Drzyzga passed ball to Kubiak twice when Kubiak's on the weak side, and he got blocked twice. At the end of the set #2, Drzyzga insisted to set up the ball to Sliwka at pos 4. Sliwka missed one open-net shot, and got blocked later. So Brazil took the set #2, and the momentum was shifted to Brazil. Bruno outplayed Drzyzga in every way, from serve, pass to defense. Muzaj missed a lot of chances. On other other side, Alan was on fire from beginning to end.

• BRA 3:1 POL

Now they secured WC 2019 champion. Poland actually played well in set #1 and #2. The turning point was set #2. Drzyzga passed ball to Kubiak twice when Kubiak's on the weak side, and he got blocked twice. At the end of the set #2, Drzyzga insisted to set up the ball to Sliwka at pos 4. Sliwka missed one open-net shot, and got blocked later. So Brazil took the set #2, and the momentum was shifted to Brazil. Bruno outplayed Drzyzga in every way, from serve, pass to defense. Muzaj missed a lot of chances. On other other side, Alan was on fire from beginning to end.

Final result was BRA-POL 3:2 and game was close. As you wrote end of set two 23-23 was the most important.

Poland played without Kurek who left Japan already. Both teams played good but Poland made more mistakes.

• Argentina has the best attacker and best setter in statistics but probably neither will be in all star team. I hope for one of them at least.

• Sanchez definitely deserves to be in the all start team. Him or Sekita.

• Honestly I'd be cool with something like:

S: Bruno

OPP: Nishida

OHs: Leal, Ishikawa

MBs: Loser, Lucas/Holt

L: Thales

MVP: Alan

I don't know which player from Poland could get a nod as they rotated their squad so much.

• Bruno played on hell of a tournament. Kinda crazy to think how long he has been in the NT and still be able to perform like this. Alan is definitely going to be a big factor in Tokyo for Brazil.

So happy to see Japan's performance. Ishiikawa is just on a different level compared to last year. Any words on where he will be playing next season?