World Cup 2019

• C’mon! He was consistent from the beginning till the end of this WC.

He definitely deserved the MVP :wavy::wavy:

Well, you can have your opinion, and I can have mine.

In the 5th set against Poland, which is really the time that Brazil got challenged, Alan wasn't the star. In fact, the big save from Poland was hit outbound by him.

And again, most of the out-of-system balls of Brazil was handled by the OHs.

This is not denying Alan is a very good young player, and very well-rounded indeed. But MVP would be overrated to me.

• It's not a surprise that a cheesy award list was created by Japan again. Japan ranked No.4 in this WC, but they boldly inserted two Japanese into the best team. If the best team could be selected from a non top 3 team, how about Sanchez? He should be more qualified than Micah for the best setter. IMHO, Alan should be the best OPP and Bruno should be MVP.

It reminds me of Takeshita taking MVP in WCH 2006 when Japan only ranked No.6 in that tournament, one of the biggest jokes in women volley history. I am glad Japan won't be the permanent WC host anymore after this tournament.

• It's not a surprise that a cheesy award list was created by Japan again. Japan ranked No.4 in this WC, but they boldly inserted two Japanese into the best team. If the best team could be selected from a non top 3 team, how about Sanchez? He should be more qualified than Micah for the best setter. IMHO, Alan should be the best OPP and Bruno should be MVP.

It reminds me of Takeshita taking MVP in WCH 2006 when Japan only ranked No.6 in that tournament, one of the biggest jokes in women volley history. I am glad Japan won't be the permanent WC host anymore after this tournament.

And Iakovlev should be best MB.

• I think Pool B for 2020 is the most death group ever any single team can beat another one on a good day.. Here's a comparison during OG 2016

Pool B Tokyo

Brazil

USA

Russia

Argentina

France/Serbia/Slovenia/Germany

Pool B Rio

Poland

Russia

Argentina

Iran

Cuba

Egypt

• The best comparison would be with Pool A from Rio, with:

Brazil

USA

Italy

France

Canada

Mexico

• This assuming both Canada and Iran will qualify. If one of them fails then France or Serbia would go to the other pool.

• Lucas has conducted shameful behavior during the award ceremony, causing FIVB to initiate an investigation against him:

https://www.worldofvolley.com/…d-cup-medal-ceremony.html

Shame on Lucas. I don’t think he’d get big punishment other than 1-2 game suspension, though.

Maybe it's just me but I couldn't care less if a player made this sign granted it's not motivated by racial hatred or political leaning.

I mean, let's be real... Kids are doing this kind of stuff at school. It's even available as a whatsapp emoji. :gone: Why is FIVB thinking about it instead of going after more serious issues than this?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• since when finishing 4th makes you ineligible for awards?

look, i’m not always happy that JPN hosts everything, it’s too much sometimes (WC, asian OQ, GCC), but we might miss them when fivb goes looking for new hosts and can’t find good ones.

• since when finishing 4th makes you ineligible for awards?

look, i’m not always happy that JPN hosts everything, it’s too much sometimes (WC, asian OQ, GCC), but we might miss them when fivb goes looking for new hosts and can’t find good ones.

Since never, but in the case of Takeshita in 2006 how come the most valuable player plays in a team that didn't even reach the final 4?

• Lucão giving the middle finger was lame and he deserves some sort of punishment indeed (a couple of games + a light fine should be enough I think?). But if I was in his position I would've gotten drunk too lmao. imagine spending all these months traveling and away from family and finally finishing things up with a win. Hand me the wine tbh

• Maybe it's just me but I couldn't care less if a player made this sign granted it's not motivated by racial hatred or political leaning.

I mean, let's be real... Kids are doing this kind of stuff at school. It's even available as a whatsapp emoji. :gone: Why is FIVB thinking about it instead of going after more serious issues than this?

He was drunk singing the national anthem. I'm surprised there was no lawsuit against him yet.

If it was polish player, it would be reported soon by polish people to police.

• He was drunk singing the national anthem. I'm surprised there was no lawsuit against him yet.

If it was polish player, it would be reported soon by polish people to police.

thankfully it ain't that deep here in Brazil lmao there's not gonna be a lawsuit, nobody here gives a fuck if anyone's singing the anthem while drunk

• Was he really drunk? Did he get tested? Or you are all just assuming it based on the images?