Brazilian NT 2019

• According to Voloch, Brait was invited but she's going to deny the call to join the NT. He also said that other well-known player might refuse the invitation as well (Dani Lins? Tandara?).

That's a little weird because in the past Ze used to invite only those he knew that were available to play. I guess we'll have to wait for her response then...

I'd laugh if it were to be Tandara lol We'd be left with no one in the opposite position basically.

• Apparently Zé will go with full force to the VNL, World Cup, IOQT and South American Championship. A second team will go to the Pan American Games. Source

Honestly, I love Zé and will respect him forever unless he fucks up real bad, but 4 tournaments with the main squad playing full-time? I'm exhausted. I'm already expecting to see him continue to call for Sheilla, Garay and Fabiana in 2024. I wish he would learn to let loose a little bit.

• Thank God for Camilla. I hope Ze will not waste her again for Tokyo like he did the past 2 Olympics.

Get rid of Dani Lins and Juma, keep Roberta and Macris. Maybe Fabiola if she decides to join.

Get rid of Amanda. Natalia, Gabi, Drussyla, Garay are the best OH Horsewomen for Brazil right now. Although Tainara should stick around the NT. That woman is one of the best prospects they have. Mayany needs to be on the team ASAP. With Thaisa is slowly getting back to her old self, get rid of Bia. Adnenizia still can block.

Ze needs to find a good backup for Tandara.

And get rid of Gabiru. She was one of the biggest reason SESC RJ failed this year.

• Brait has already refused the invitation, so she's out. Pride will only take you so far I guess.

Kinda feel bad because I love Brait. She was supposed to be the next Fabi no matter how impossible it might sound. But a part of me also saying good for her. Ze deserve this. He played Brait twice. And now he only have mediocre liberos to his expense. Wouldn't be surprise if we are going to see Amanda or Jaque become full time libero. Or the return of Sasa. Or Arlene. :lol::lol::lol:

• I'm sick of this "Zé deserves do have Brait out".

Do people REALLY cheer for the NT or they only want things to get messed up because of pride, fanatism, and whatever?

Camila Brait was cut two times because there was a better libero than her at the time. That's it.

I wish she would never get called again, I'm tired of her drama, and tired of her fans also.

• So let me ask you a question. You get annoyed by her fans getting mad, when she gets cut, but you get mad when she declines the invitation. Do you think a person who gets called to play in the NT, HAS to play?

• She deserved the cut for both 2012 and 2016. But she is a very good libero over all. She should be mature about it but she has a right to decline the offer as well. She didn’t play bad but she was worse than Leia. That is it.

Even her husband got involved back then which was sooo unprofessional.

• So let me ask you a question. You get annoyed by her fans getting mad, when she gets cut, but you get mad when she declines the invitation. Do you think a person who gets called to play in the NT, HAS to play?

I dont think ANYONE should be obligated to play in the NT. What I said is that I'm tired of this unecessary drama.

Of course, I wish she would come back to the NT, however this drama has been around for 3 years now, and really the fans in Brazil get too passionate about this and keep saying that she should always deny the invitation as a revange to Zé Roberto. That's what I think is stupid. If she is the best libero, why would people want her out? Don't they want to win??! If this drama keeps going on and on, then it's the best to just put a definite end to this, that's my point.

• Thaísa has chosen to retire from the NT in order to be able to play for longer, which is why Zé didn't invite her this year. I'm heartbroken. ):

• Thaísa has chosen to retire from the NT in order to be able to play for longer, which is why Zé didn't invite her this year. I'm heartbroken. ):

I've bought tickets for the game between the Netherlands and Brazil in VNL because I wanted to watch her play:( It's a pity, she is such a good player:obey:

Sad news for Brazil NT but I think she's right about her decision because playing for the NT is exhausting.

But I wonder if all of these players retiring will keep their word and stay out of the NT next year (Sheilla, Thaisa, Adenízia, Fabíola, Brait, Fabiana...). I really think it's unfair to stay out for like 3 years and then come back to the Olympics.

• Leia was definitely better than her at that time but Ze chosing four middle blockers was also Brazil's undoing. Thaisa wasn't ready. Adenizia was practically unused and Leia choked without a back-up for her.

Ze has a habit of taking in injured players in an important tournament. Sure it worked in London but still Natalia was a mere cheerleader and now his decision backfired on him in Rio and World Championship. You have to blame him for that.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Sad news for Brazil NT but I think she's right about her decision because playing for the NT is exhausting.

But I wonder if all of these players retiring will keep their word and stay out of the NT next year (Sheilla, Thaisa, Adenízia, Fabíola, Brait, Fabiana...). I really think it's unfair to stay out for like 3 years and then come back to the Olympics.

Yep, it's definitely the right call for her. Even more so in a crazy year like this.

I do wonder the same thing however. I bet we'll see at least one or two comebacks. lol

Dang. I was really hoping for her to return to NT. But I want to see her play longer and her health is the most important thing for her. I wish her the best of luck. Hopefully she gets better offer next season.

Leia was definitely better than her at that time but Ze chosing four middle blockers was also Brazil's undoing. Thaisa wasn't ready. Adenizia was practically unused and Leia choked without a back-up for her.

Ze has a habit of taking in injured players in an important tournament. Sure it worked in London but still Natalia was a mere cheerleader and now his decision backfired on him in Rio and World Championship. You have to blame him for that.

Thank you.

• You can't have 2 liberos at the Olympics. Brait would be an OH, so she could only enter for three rotations per set. I don't think this would have given us the gold medal.

I think Natalia was important in London. She did very well in the tie break against China.

• You can't have 2 liberos at the Olympics. Brait would be an OH, so she could only enter for three rotations per set. I don't think this would have given us the gold medal.

I think Natalia was important in London. She did very well in the tie break against China.

Italy MNT had two liberos in London. Was there a rule change in Rio?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Italy MNT had two liberos in London. Was there a rule change in Rio?

Hmmm maybe I'm wrong then. I thought this was not possible, sorry