Brazilian NT 2019

• "health reasons" can also be another way of saying "i can't stand ze so i won't play for him" ??????

To be honest I don't think that's the case. The only one who I believe is out due to her relationship with Ze is Camila Brait.

I think some are smart because they know they don't have any chance in this Olympic cycle (Tássia, Gabi Cândido), so there's no point of to undergo to exhausting and stressful competitions this year. Others are just smart because they know they'll be invited back next year (Dani Lins, Thaisa, Adenízia), so, there's no point to play this year either. And others, like Carol Gattaz's and Carol's cases, are taking a longer break to enjoy their holidays because they know Ze needs them to have a good team to play the tournament that will give a spot for Tokyo 2020.

• According to Bruno Voloch, Carol will join next week.

I pray to the Lords to make Ze bench Bia, but we know that won't happen. Carol is a better attacker than Bia and she is blocking better too (despite the fact that Bia is better than her when in form, what is not the case), and connection between Macris and Mara is better than with any other MB.

But, Ze acts like he has a personal debt with Bia, so, it will be Bia-Carol in Ancara.

I pray to the Lords to make Ze bench Bia, but we know that won't happen. Carol is a better attacker than Bia and she is blocking better too (despite the fact that Bia is better than her when in form, what is not the case), and connection between Macris and Mara is better than with any other MB.

But, Ze acts like he has a personal debt with Bia, so, it will be Bia-Carol in Ancara.

Lara is our best slider, but she'll never make it and we know that. Aside from that, Bia is our second best slide. Carol is not a good attacker from position 2, and that's why I believe we need some slider in order to have a more diverse game.

I don't like Bia much, I think her level dropped significantly, but overall she's better than Mara as it shows in the stats.

Mara: 72 attacks (42nd best), 12 blocks (0.29/set, 44th), 6 aces

Bia: 66 attacks (50th best), 35 blocks (0.83/set, 2nd best), 4 aces

• To be honest I don't think that's the case. The only one who I believe is out due to her relationship with Ze is Camila Brait.

(Dani Lins, Thaisa, Adenízia), so, there's no point to play this year either. And others, like Carol Gattaz's and Carol's

I thought Thaiza retired from the NT????

Did Gattaz said she will come back???

I like both Bia and Mara. Will be difficulty to pick 3 or 4 only.

• I thought Thaiza retired from the NT????

Did Gattaz said she will come back???

I like both Bia and Mara. Will be difficulty to pick 3 or 4 only.

She said she’ll retire accompanied with “but who knows about the future”. She’s retiring but I am sure she’ll come back next year.

Gattaz said she’s willing to joint the team but she allegedly needed 90 days to recover from an injury in order to be back. Meanwhile she went to her hometown, Rio de Janeiro, Disneyland, Greece and now Dubai. No physiotherapist at all until now. So who knows...

The thing is: everyone wants to play the OG (even Sheilla now lol), but no one wants to play in championships such as VNL, that are too exhausting.

What is wrong with Bia?:what: she is second best blocker of whole VNL:white: what else do you guys expect from here?

• What is wrong with Bia?:what: she is second best blocker of whole VNL:white: what else do you guys expect from here?

Remember Bia, from, i don't know, 2016-2017? It is that Bia we want

• Remember Bia, from, i don't know, 2016-2017? It is that Bia we want

Well I guess you also want Thaisa from 2016 as well but you should judge the players among the current pool. In the absence of Adenizia, she is the most balanced Brazilian MB available (she is as good blocker as Carol but also better attacker than her) I don't watch Brazilian league much but considering the VNL matches I don't get the hype about younger MBs Mara, Lara and Mayany. They are not any close to the level of Adenizia, Bia and Carol

• Well I guess you also want Thaisa from 2016 as well but you should judge the players among the current pool. In the absence of Adenizia, she is the most balanced Brazilian MB available (she is as good blocker as Carol but also better attacker than her) I don't watch Brazilian league much but considering the VNL matches I don't get the hype about younger MBs Mara, Lara and Mayany. They are not any close to the level of Adenizia, Bia and Carol

The problem with Bia is her attack. It's been really, really weak since the 2017/2018 season. Most of the time, all she can do is tip the ball. We aren't the only Brazilian supporters that are frustrated with her, even broadcasters have acknowledged that her level has dropped considerably. She's still good when it comes to blocking.

On the other hand, I do agree that Mayany is overrated as of now, but I do think she can improve as she has barely played full-time in any team, let alone the NT. Mara will probably never be better than this and Lara is just fodder.

• If Gattaz decides to join the NT, then we can bench Bia because Gattaz slides >>> Bia's, plus Macris-Gattaz connection is as goood as Tomkom-Pleumjit connection.

I think it is not suitable to replace Bia with Carol because these two play different roles in attacking as Carol is much more a A or B quick attacker, and Bia and Gattaz is more of a slider. Carol can replace Mara. It's like Thaisa and Fabiana. You won't replace them with each other because their attacking main points are different than each other.

Having a universal MB that can do both brilliantly like Walewska, Valeskinha, and Juciely will definitely bring Brazil's middle offense up a bit tho.

• The race to the mb position is a tough one especially for the brazilians!!!

Im sold with adenizia - carol - bia but im also hoping for carol gattaz, mayany, thaisa to have space in the olympics if only the olympic committee increase the players to up to 14players...

• Long interview with Sheilla: https://globoesporte.globo.com…-seria-muito-melhor.ghtml

Good interview if you want to know how she is and what she thinks about coming back.

She says she's motivated and that has carefully considered to play on beach but after talking with some people she's decided to continue her career playing on court.

Winning another olympic medal would be a dream but it's a long way to go. If she gets in shape, she thinks on coming back to the national team too.

Sheilla also talks about maternity and another things.

I have no time to translate though. Sorry.

• tnh tho other than Tandara, I don't see anyone can play the Opp position - at least not to that AWESOME level. Paula is doing good, and hopefully she will continue doing so. but if Sheilla can get back even to her 2010, I have no doubt Coach Ze is going to take her to Tokyo.