Brazilian NT 2019

• what's wrong with the rooster of players i post? Those were great players for that round! LOL

You're correct the battle for setters is the one i will watch for!

• Well, for me, the biggest issue here (if she goes to Tokyo) is that she is not on the other players' level and has never been. Carol, Fabiana, Thaisa and even Mara are better.

• Adenizia is one of the best blockers in the world, and she can come in to block for Macris.

Carol won`t make it. She spend last summer on the beach, while Natalia and Gabi were playing VNL while still injured. Ze Roberto will never forget that....He craves that VNL money. He will take Valesquinha or Janina to Tokyo but not Carol.

• Adenizia is one of the best blockers in the world, and she can come in to block for Macris.

Carol won`t make it. She spend last summer on the beach, while Natalia and Gabi were playing VNL while still injured. Ze Roberto will never forget that....He craves that VNL money. He will take Valesquinha or Janina to Tokyo but not Carol.

I think she's overall better than Adenizia. On the other hand, I don't necessarily think that she will go to Tokyo.

And when she did play in the VNL,during the final,it was her error (she touched the antenna) that gave USA the championship point... Of course it was not her fault that her team let the USA come back after being 2 sets down,but probably in Ze's eyes it'll be like "Error during VNL final+healthy player+ player not in their 30s yet+ player that was not in the Beijing 2008/London 2012 team+player that didn't retire and then come back a few years later= No Tokyo for you!"

• Is Mara really at the bottom of the MBs?

In theory, probably yes. But she has been playing well for the NT in the past couple of years. I would probably take her, Thaisa and Carol.

• In theory, probably yes. But she has been playing well for the NT in the past couple of years. I would probably take her, Thaisa and Carol.

The problem with this trio is that none of them are reliable sliders. That's why I think Fabiana and Bia, even though they're not in their best shape, are somehow needed in the NT.

• The problem with this trio is that none of them are reliable sliders. That's why I think Fabiana and Bia, even though they're not in their best shape, are somehow needed in the NT.

Bia should be there because she played as one of the main MBs during the entire cycle but Fabiana would still be a better option, especially with a setter that know how to set a good slide attack (hi, Roberta :wavy:).

• i have been watching some matches from the BRA league whenever i can... i even enjoy watching the lower-ranked teams as i can discover new talents i had not known before...

as i said, i hope they will call up karina and mesquita (both OH/OPP), but also curitiba's sabrina OH, she's quite good. but i'm afraid things move slowly at the NT level, specially with all the oldies coming back... we might have in 2020 a very similar team as the one in 2012...

i like both bruna and borgo but i doubt either will make the OG team... even lorenne might not if ze decides to pick sheilla, who's slowly regaining form... and then there's rosamaria...

have not seen fabiana lately so i don't know what form she is in... thaisa for sure will be in the team, but then what about mara/bia/carol/adenizia/juciely/gattaz?

• What do you guys think about Rosamaria's chances to make the Olympics? I really like her, and I know she's been having a good season in ItaLy, although I haven't been following her closely

i think that she might get a call, but there is already Tandara, Lorenne and Ze’s favorite Sheilla on her position. So it will be very hard for Her to make it. Maybe they will try her as an offensive OH.

• shiela isnt starting in most matches. bruna's serve and kills are impressive

lorenne being the go to girl of barueri

but i firmly believe, tandara is still the starter with rosamaria being the second opposite. well that really depends on CBV technical commission.

tandara can be oh with natalia and lorenne/rosamaria as opp

then another is tandara, gabi, lorenne as opp...

then gabi, natalia as oh with tandara as opp

for me, tandara as opp, with garay and natalia should be...

then garay and gabi as oh with natalia as opposite...

for sure rosamaria/lorenne will be second third opposite choices.