USA NT 2019

• the way I see it, only Ogbogu is assured of an MB slot, honestly.

Last 2 will be a tossup between Dixon, Wash, Akin and Adams. Will be very controversial if none of the 2 starting MBs of Rio get linedup

She isnt assured just yet. She isnt playing as a starter. LOL

The one who is assured is foluke and adams.

Adams is on a secret training with the national teM just so you know.

• She isnt assured just yet. She isnt playing as a starter. LOL

Ogbogu has been a starter in Imoco's recent matches. She was also a starter in VNL and World Cup.

Not so sure about Adams. I would take Dixon over Adams any day. If Tori wasnt injured prior to Rio, she would have been there instead of Rachel.

• Ogbogu has been a starter in Imoco's recent matches. She was also a starter in VNL and World Cup.

Not so sure about Adams. I would take Dixon over Adams any day. If Tori wasnt injured prior to Rio, she would have been there instead of Rachel.

She has been starter lately because Folie is injured.

• ^Meh. USA hasn't been the team with 1 superb player and they have won golds in some tournaments, and then some. It's more of a machine that has these player play their roles. We are yet to find out if that will be enough to get them to gold in Tokyo, but to count them out over teams like ITA, SRB and CHN would be wrong ;)

Sorry but at 2014 WCH they had one of the greatest setter, in her peek. Alisha Glass and great Kim Hill.

• Most of the USA nt players are coming from great colleges. With such degrees, they have the options to pursue different careers other than volleyball and still earn decent salaries. That's why a lot of talented American players quit volleyball at early ages

This is unfortunately true. There are some who don't even try club volleyball after college and go straight into another career. Then there are others who struggle playing in a low level league that would rather go back to the US and find a better job. Imagine all the lost talent that could've been, not just for USA, but for other countries as well.

• She isnt assured just yet. She isnt playing as a starter. LOL

You think two players who were sidelined for a whole year, one rehabbing an injury and the other just gave birth are the ones assured has a better chance of grabbing a spot for the upcoming Olympics than Ogbogu or Dixon?

So...

Ogbogu a NT staple last summer and playing club this season = not "assured"

Adams and Akinradewo both inactive for a whole year = Hello Tokyo!?!

...DOES NOT COMPUTE...

Sounds to me like you're basing this opinion on nostalgia.

I'd be pretty ticked off and would lead a torch and pitchfork crowd to the USAV offices if that's how they decide to build this team for the Olympics.

This is unfortunately true. There are some who don't even try club volleyball after college and go straight into another career. Then there are others who struggle playing in a low level league that would rather go back to the US and find a better job. Imagine all the lost talent that could've been, not just for USA, but for other countries as well.

We really need to get our shit together and start a domestic league.

• Do you guys think - in regards to having a domestic league-, and aside from the lack of sponsors that they say we lack , etc etc... that USAV haven’t done enough in term of marketing the sports throughout the US ?

Though have to say , they are known and we can say that they look very organized and structured...

• Do you guys think - in regards to having a domestic league-, and aside from the lack of sponsors that they say we lack , etc etc... that USAV haven’t done enough in term of marketing the sports throughout the US ?

Though have to say , they are known and we can say that they look very organized and structured...

Volleyball and soccer have a hard time. Isn't it just LA and Nebraska that have a volleyball 'culture'?

What I hear from kids is that volleyball is a girl's sport, like competitive sewing. I think USAV could turn that into a positive :thumbup:

• There is a volleyball culture in the USA, however it is at the high school level and below. Plenty of clubs and tournaments for youth volleyball.

You are starting to get pockets of college teams across the country as well due to prolonged success of teams.

However for domestic pro league, you have to have multiple investors in the multiple millions of dollars. The NWSL, women’s pro soccer league, has taken multiple years and still only has around 10 teams. Once MLS teams started really buying their own franchises did they realize that there might be some viability of an audience.

The Portland Thorns, owned by the Portland Timbers are considered one the best run teams in the league and draw 18,000 fans on average for attendance. Why did they do that? Because the city has a history with women’s soccer, from college to the women’s national team.

Still the league has a salary issue as teams in Europe can pay more money. The WNBA has the same problem as well.

So if you pay players what they think is fair, you needed more money.