USA NT 2019

• Ogbogu has 2 options, to be in NT right now or to fly in Italy to start preparatin with Conegliano...

• Yep, Erin Virtue also posted a story that shows Ogbogu practicing with the team. So that should quiet the peanut gallery. She also highlighted Rhamat Alhassan's 11'1" jump on the same story. Akinradewo still in the gym not practicing for obvious reasons but lifting and doing cardio mostly.

• That's a good sign, hope she's doing better.

MB for World Cup:

Dixon, Washington, Ogbogu, with Alhassan/Adams/H. Tapp vying for the last spot?

MB for World Cup:

I have a feeling Dixon is going to be the only veteran MB that we are sending for this tournament. I adore Rachael Adams but If we're bringing 4MBs I think it's going to be either H.Tapp or Alhassan. We already know what Adams can do. Its time to see what either of those two can bring and do for this team.

• I have a feeling Dixon is going to be the only veteran MB that we are sending for this tournament. I adore Rachael Adams but If we're bringing 4MBs I think it's going to be either H.Tapp or Alhassan. We already know what Adams can do. Its time to see what either of those two can bring and do for this team.

Just going from observation of Rhamat -- and of KK's past tendencies re: MB -- I'd say give Alhassan enough proverbial rope to sink...or swim. Bet she'd thrive!

MB for World Cup:

That’s what I would think unless Ogbogu would be out (considering she appears to have been away from the gym for over a month). I would give final spot to Tapp. And if Ogbogu is out, I say Tapp and Alhassan.

• That’s what I would think unless Ogbogu would be out (considering she appears to have been away from the gym for over a month). I would give final spot to Tapp. And if Ogbogu is out, I say Tapp and Alhassan.

Now, none of us knows - nor will ever know, probably - what went down with Ogbogu during that little dramatic vignette. That being said, I'd presume - since she seems to be practicing w/ the team back at the USNTC - that she will be ready/ good-to-go if she travels to the World Cup with her team. We'll know soon! (September 14 -- potentially thru the 29th.)

• Just going from observation of Rhamat -- and of KK's past tendencies re: MB -- I'd say give Alhassan enough proverbial rope to sink...or swim. Bet she'd thrive!

Hope she does. We already missed out on Inky, hope the Volleyball Gods give this to us. I think Karch will give her all the chances she needs to prove herself. He seemed to genuinely liked her whenever he talked about her when he was doing commentary for collegiate games. Plus you know "You can't teach height." is one of his favorite mantras.

they quit or were dropped by the program ????

Going by Carli's Instagram post, t'was a decision she made for herself. We haven't heard anything from Gibby yet but I would assume it was the same for her. They made it to the A-roster this season compared to, say Adams, but she's still in the gym and in contention for a spot and If we're going by the recent decisions you would think she'd be the one in the outs. I think Carli and Gibby saw the writing on the wall and decided they don't want to compete for spots anymore. Disappointing but they have to do what ever it is they think is best for them.

• Gibb posted something a few minutes ago. She basically said the same things as Carli did.

Something bad happened there, for sure.

• Gibb posted something a few minutes ago. She basically said the same things as Carli did.

Something bad happened there, for sure.

Oooh.

I love me some Gibby! She kept it classy just like Carli's statement but a tad bit juicier by being deliberately vague with the little detail there. We can only wonder what happened in the middle of VNL that made them decide quitting the NT is the way to go.

• I'm really curious to know what these differences in values that Gibbemeyer mentioned are, but I doubt we'll ever hear about it, at least until both retire from volleyball altogether. I wonder if any of the older players left feel the same :/