USA NT 2019

• Can you post the whole ranking for each position

Okay - here goes - with a caveat/disclaimer: This is a list from a source who I feel is pretty well tuned-into the USWNT scene. BUT this is their list, not mine, 'k?

Those in parentheses did not make the training squad:                                               

OH: Hill, Robinson, Larson, Bartsch-Hackley, Foecke (Kingdon, K. Rolfzen, Wilhite, Lee, Plummer, RJP)

RS: Drews, Thompson, Lowe (Cuttino, Rivers)

MB: Akinradewo, Ogbogu, Washington, Dixon, Rettke (H. Tapp, Adams, Butler, Rosenthal, Alhassan)

S: Carlini, Hancock, Poulter (Lilley, SSS)

L: Courtney, Lake (JWO, Curry, Benson, White)

That's it: All who are on the USWNT roster page! All of those Not in parentheses are double-confirmed to be in the final eighteen; w/ 4 to be dropped later.

• Obviously the 4 that will be excluded in the final roster will come from 1-OH,1-MB,1-Opp & 1-setter.

• Gosh! So many players to choose from , that they can even let a setter like Lloyd walk away...

Lloyd already not in the pool roster, same with Gibbemeyer!

• With the Olympic Qualifier approaching. Does the USA Team only play the 3 teams at the Qualifier in the US? And if the win, they get the bid to the Olympics?

I dont know if I understood it correctly. USA needs to win the world qualifying next week to get the spot. If they don't win, they'll have another chance at the North American qualifying in January.

• I dont know if I understood it correctly. USA needs to win the world qualifying next week to get the spot. If they don't win, they'll have another chance at the North American qualifying in January.

Not correct. What it is: the OQ pool for the US is comprised of them, Kazakhstan, Bulgaria & Argentina. My understanding is, if they win said pool, they are in.

• Not correct. What it is: the OQ pool for the US is comprised of them, Kazakhstan, Bulgaria & Argentina. My understanding is, if they win said pool, they are in.

That's exactly what I said.

• Ooops - Misunderstood your terminology ("world qualifying" versus "Intercontinental Olympic Qualifier Tournament"). Also, USA needs to win just the "pool".

By world qualifying I meant intercontinental qualifier. Sorry.

• I’m not sure this thread is the right thread. But the USA pool seems relatively easy. Are there other pools that are more challenging?

USA's Pool: Argentina, Bulgaria, Kazakhstan

Everyone else...

Pool A: Serbia, Poland, Thailand, Puerto Rico

Pool B: China, Turkey, Germany, Czech Republic

Pool D: Brazil, Dominican Republic, Cameroon, Azerbaijan

Pool E: Russia, South Korea, Canada, Mexico

Pool F: Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Kenya

• Russja also has very easy pool

• Anyway...back to the USWNT 2020 IOQT pool: one of the things I was implying to Sidney (yet which may not have been fully understood/inferred) is that there is ZERO chance of the United States team not winning its respective pool, in my estimation. What an easy draw! Even as an American, I find it to be a most liberal dose of home-cooking (being held in Bossier City-Shreveport)! Now, this team having won Silver @ the 2008/'12 Games; Bronze in '16? Onward to 2020.

• Anyway...back to the USWNT 2020 IOQT pool: one of the things I was implying to Sidney (yet which may not have been fully understood/inferred) is that there is ZERO chance of the United States team not winning its respective pool, in my estimation. What an easy draw! Even as an American, I find it to be a most liberal dose of home-cooking (being held in Bossier City-Shreveport)! Now, this team having won Silver @ the 2008/'12 Games; Bronze in '16? Onward to 2020.

It's an easy pool but I would never say ZERO chance. We'vee seen some weird stuff happen in the past.