USA NT 2019

• and no lowe either.

i wouldn't read too much in this lineup to try to predict what the squad for tokyo will be like. the group they are in is quite easy, they could even send a weaker team.

not exactly on topic, but i was thinking today, the US has been trying to get the gold medal at the olympics for decades now, but i don't think they'll do it in tokyo... i can see CHN, ITA or SRB winning the gold, but not the US. they might get to final 4, but that's it. their best chance was in 2012 and they didn't do it.

• Akinradewo has like a fixed spot almost for Tokyo, indeed USA's pool looks quite easy so they can afford missing some players.

On the other hand I don't know why anyone would still expect Lowe there.

• I don't know who would let Foluke at home and not bring her at Olympic.

But hey Karch let Hooker to stay in US and He keept Murphy instead.... He can surprise us.

• Welp it's not the final roster for the Olympics, I guess Karch has picked those who are in a very good shape and ready to play at their 100%.

Though not seeing Hancock's name came out a surprise, she has been very good this year.

• Of course he will choose his white princess Kim over anybody at anytime. Not that she doesn’t deserve or anything but leaving Foecke out seems sad since she was good during VNL.

I am surprised he didn’t choose his other privileged princess.

• Of course he will choose his white princess Kim over anybody at anytime. Not that she doesn’t deserve or anything but leaving Foecke out seems sad since she was good during VNL.

Being good at VNL doesn't make her better than Kim Hill. Hill is more experienced, and she also has way better reception than Foecke.

She is the most complete OH in the World what are you talking about ? Ofc She will be starter for USA NT.

• Foluke just got married, right? She is probably in honeymoon or/and vacation right now.. no need to panic, she is definitely going to Tokyo

• I think Foluke being the veteran knows that she isn't needed for the Olympic Qualifier and gave way to the young middles who can get the job done. She'll definitely be back for the World Cup when Rettke won't be available. Same goes for the other athletes that are still in college. Lowe will probably replace Thompson, but then who will replace Lake?

• If the USA can't beat Argentina, Kazakhstan and Bulgaria in the first round, they'll get there with the NORCECA qualifier. DR played well in VNL, but they are no where near as good with 1st team USA.

Foluke being left off is fine for this tournament. Many of the people on this team just won the VNL.

• I think Foluke being the veteran knows that she isn't needed for the Olympic Qualifier and gave way to the young middles who can get the job done. She'll definitely be back for the World Cup when Rettke won't be available. Same goes for the other athletes that are still in college. Lowe will probably replace Thompson, but then who will replace Lake?

Concerning Libero, my guesstimation would be either Wong-Orantes or Curry (who seems to be on-the-rise: according to a "buzz" I caught). Of course, there's a camp believing Kelsey Robinson should move from OH to L: leaving others to man the pins. As far as Akinradewo? She will be there come the Tokyo Games!

• OKAY guys...just saw an unmistakably pregnant (5+ months) Foluke Akinradewo with the father, Mr. Gunderson, whose surname the baby will have. Congrats! (See Instagram: "folukea") THAT explains quite a lot of unknowns and questions regarding her missing-in-action so to speak. Seems to still be 2020-commited.