USA NT 2019

• With or without Carli, I still don't see USA winning the Olympic games.

With lloyd their chances of being incthe olympics is good but not enough to have a medal. Usa has been a mediocre team from a supposed to be top of the line team with all their equipments and training.

• What I don't get is why poulter is 2nd option when there is Hancock? 8| + hancock as back-up is also great for serving.

Hancock is a great second setter when she is at front, she can spike well with her hard left hand. Remembered her during the four friendly matches against brazil and she was amazing. Her serves are also lethal if not strong.

• What I don't get is why poulter is 2nd option when there is Hancock? 8| + hancock as back-up is also great for serving.

I think Hancock is injured or she is struggling with one injury from the past, i don't know for sure... When she returns to be fit, i think she will be the 2nd option

• Absolutely nothing. Only that she won't be coming back to the NT

I will respond to this -- and the post to which 'fan' was replying (seredar's: ^6 up^) -- starting with a bit of backstory. Having been involved in US volleyball for ~ 50+ years - as a player/coach/administrator/referee - I can unequivocally state that 1) most Americans don't care about the USA VB teams (particularly men's) until the Olympics; 2) even then, it is only a casual, cursory interest; mostly born out of "'patriotic' flag-waving"; 3) hardly anyone - even within NCAA VB circles (my background) - cares a lick 'bout International vball (incl. the Worlds); 4) NCAA Women's VB is followed way more than the men's (again, my background); 5) Unfortunately USAV-USWNT don't really care, it seems, about keeping its fans apprised, nor up-to-date, re: team developments. Here, Lloyd did "the news"!

*Edit - So Lloyd and Gibbemeyer quit the USWNT during VNLs. As to why -- what specifically made them do it? -- I feel they "read the tea leaves" & just retired.

• I think Hancock is injured or she is struggling with one injury from the past, i don't know for sure... When she returns to be fit, i think she will be the 2nd option

Hancock is using float in NT as prescribed by Karch. Her jump server is only second to Egonu in Italian League which is a bummer that she can't use it under Karch.

China, Serbia, and Italy will be the frontrunner at the Olympics but USA will be the darkhorse of the race. They may get a podium finish if the other teams will not play their full potential.

For World Cup, I would like to see the younger/secondary girls play since this is pretty my a no-bearing game for them: Foecke, Poulter, Hancock, Cuttino, Rivers, Parsons, etc.

• the super extra "mediocre" USA team

:rolll::rolll::rolll:

• So you call “mediocre” a program that’s won 3 olympics silver medals , one bronce , a world championships , and several wgp , including the last two edition of VNL ? I wonder then what would you call programs like the Italian, Serbia or Turkish ... lol... you can tell you a lot about volleyball ....

I was simply laughing at the phrase “super extra mediocre “

• I’m sorry then . I guess I was trying to reply to the previous comment.

:drink:

• I’m sorry then . I guess I was trying to reply to the previous comment.

Just to be clear...

I landed on post #382 when I entered this discussion. So that reply was me being snarky, attempting to be funny in an admittedly...sort of a passive aggressive manner. I could and should have probably used an emoji...

And yes, if being a constant threat and a serious contender for the better part of a decade is mediocre. Then I strive to be as fucking mediocre in life as USWNT in volleyball.

• hancock was the starting setter at the recent pan am cup, which the US won.

For World Cup, I would like to see the younger/secondary girls play since this is pretty my a no-bearing game for them: Foecke, Poulter, Hancock, Cuttino, Rivers, Parsons, etc.

at the recent pan am games, cuttino could be a big hitter sometimes, but oh boy, her defense/backrow play was atrocious. at one point, on a free ball, she managed to shank the pass to the setter. has she never played defense in her life? i thought rivers was more impressive.

• hancock was the starting setter at the recent pan am cup, which the US won.

at the recent pan am games, cuttino could be a big hitter sometimes, but oh boy, her defense/backrow play was atrocious. at one point, on a free ball, she managed to shank the pass to the setter. has she never played defense in her life? i thought rivers was more impressive.

I can't remember a ball in Pan Am that she was able to dig.

• USA girls preparing for World Cup.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1WiK1DABdQ/

Players starting from Hill, ? Carlini, Poulter, H. Tapp, Courtney, Hancock, Rivers, ?, Bartsch-Hackley, Robinson, Drews, Larson, ?, Adams, Foecke, Wong-Orantes, Washington