USA NT 2019

• It sucks that Thompson is stuck with her child teammates in Cincinnati. So Tokyo isn't assured for her since we'd have to wait if her arm doesn't fall off after carrying her sucky teammates all season. Wish she went pro already.

Can Dana Rettke break into the Tokyo lineup? I know she's a junior but has anyone else played before as an undergrad in the OGs?

• It sucks that Thompson is stuck with her child teammates in Cincinnati. So Tokyo isn't assured for her since we'd have to wait if her arm doesn't fall off after carrying her sucky teammates all season. Wish she went pro already.

Can Dana Rettke break into the Tokyo lineup? I know she's a junior but has anyone else played before as an undergrad in the OGs?

Many players. Logan Tom for example.

Is Dana Rettke somehow related to Roberta Rettke?

Many players. Logan Tom for example.

Logan Tom was a one in a million even in college years. Her all around playing abilities were unmatched until this day. I dunno why but I feel like the old days college volleyball was more exciting to watch. Maybe it is just generation gap.

Speaking of college volleyball, is Plummer of Stanford the next NT golden girl?

• Is Dana Rettke somehow related to Roberta Rettke?

Logan Tom was a one in a million even in college years. Her all around playing abilities were unmatched until this day. I dunno why but I feel like the old days college volleyball was more exciting to watch. Maybe it is just generation gap.

Speaking of college volleyball, is Plummer of Stanford the next NT golden girl?

I doubt. Putting my money on Jordan Thompson

• Plummer is an outside hitter. It seems she can join the USA team as opposite, but she's still an outside hitter (and I hope she keeps playing on this position).

• I don't like Karch's idea of stacking up players in the OPP when his OH pool is so thin as of now and they're all too short. I do hope KP plays as OH. imagine a 6'6" OH ala ZT

From her highlights, she just reminds me of Fernanda Tome instead of Zhu Ting.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Why hill & tori not playing much this tournament? Specifically hill.

Is it because krob, bartsch, larson are doing better than here or they just want here to hide and have plenty of rest for the upcoming pro season?

Also, krob, hill and bartsch are on the same batch yeah? If kiraly wants to develop a new OH in preparation of larson's exit after OG. He should have bring foecke instead of hill. Yeah?

• Been reading quite the few comments about K. Plummer - plus, I just finished following the USA's Silver Medal performance in Japan - Want to address these:

1. Those who have been reading the "US NCAA 2019 Women's VB Season" thread I began know that I have been a player/coach and am a Stanford grad-alum. I have a contact near to the university's AD (athletic department) who has confirmed that Plummer had knee (meniscus) surgery after her Sophomore season;

2. Indoor VB takes a pretty major toll on joints: especially ankles and knees. At the Maxwell Awards this past summer, in New York - wherein she was awarded the highest honor for a USA amateur athlete, male or female (only one award; either gender) - KP was asked about her post-NCAA plans re: volleyball. I was watching that ceremony and to paraphrase her answer (near direct quote): 'I'm committed to aiming for Tokyo in 2020. A professional sand career after that';

3. She also added that she'll try to make the USWNT indoor squad "as long as my body holds out" (her direct quote). She's been limping this collegiate season;

4. So, she apparently has a rather short "shelf-life" re: any international pro, Olympic, or future indoor participation. She already is an elite-class beach player (she's won numerous, amateur Summer tourneys). ONLY SHE knows - plus, has the right to live out - what is best for her: NOT for any national-team fanatics;

5. I, literally, fell in love with the sport of VB back in 1964: watching the Japanese Women's team win the (again) Tokyo Olys that year. Was simply mesmerized by their teamwork, hustle + spirit. As one of the few Americans who even cares about USA VB, I feel that the coach - and his 1980's GM2 system - needs to go!

• 5. I, literally, fell in love with the sport of VB back in 1964: watching the Japanese Women's team win the (again) Tokyo Olys that year. Was simply mesmerized by their teamwork, hustle + spirit. As one of the few Americans who even cares about USA VB, I feel that the coach - and his 1980's GM2 system - needs to go!

I am guessing that Karch will be done after Tokyo. 8+ years in national team position is a ton and he’s been very successful in his position. I mean we are complaining about 2nd place at the World Cup, won the VNL for a second year in a row. A big question will be who would replace him? I can’t see any off the big name schools coaches doing it. However, a younger up and coming coach like at Oregon or Stanford might?

• For as little as he used her Karch should have just given Hill the whole summer off. But he didn't know at the beginning that Krob was going show this type of immense improvement. But this was her second year under Guidetti and although they weren't able to make the CL finals they did earn the Turkish gold.

CL and European league play should be exciting this year. The Turkish teams are looking to reclaim CL gold from the Italians. Russia still seems a step below. Hill and Krob should have peak seasons with Hill possible for all 3 Italian trophies plus CL gold. Imoco has a dream team. Will they jell and have the dominance that their talent points to?

Next years VNL will be the tune-up of the Oly's. Karch can't spend too much time tinkering before chooses his starters so they can get some rhythm going into Tokyo.

• I am guessing that Karch will be done after Tokyo. 8+ years in national team position is a ton and he’s been very successful in his position. I mean we are complaining about 2nd place at the World Cup, won the VNL for a second year in a row. A big question will be who would replace him? I can’t see any off the big name schools coaches doing it. However, a younger up and coming coach like at Oregon or Stanford might?

That really is the big question. Should we try to look outside of the usual suspects within the USA machine to guide this team? I'm not sold on Jamie Morrison and I have a really bad feeling that he's next in line. I'm also not convinced that anyone clamoring for a coaching change the past few seasons really have any idea of who they think could realistically and succesfully replace Karch. Most just want him gone.

• The battle for the OPP spots also are crucial. We all know how the last time there was a "dilemma" for whom the spots should go to, it kind of spelled the difference for Rio. At this point it's still very unclear as to whom Karch would go to. I really hope whoever goes to Tokyo will deliver.

• Drews isn't a shoo-in despite the fact that she's the most successful this summer for the team by winning 2 major awards. Her standing with the team right now reminds me of Fawcett. Hope she doesn't get cut in Rio though. I believe in her.

• That really is the big question. Should we try to look outside of the usual suspects within the USA machine to guide this team? I'm not sold on Jamie Morrison and I have a really bad feeling that he's next in line. I'm also not convinced that anyone clamoring for a coaching change the past few seasons really have any idea of who they think could realistically and succesfully replace Karch. Most just want him gone.

Better off sticking with Karch.......