USA NT 2019

• they should honestly just give it to USA now.

Meh: still a lot of VB to go. Here is where it stands, re: teams from both pools going forward in the "knockout" portion of this tournament. Point totals first:

GROUP A:

Puerto Rico (3-0) - 15 points

Canada (2-1) - 9 points

Cuba (1-2) - 6 points

Costa Rica (0-3) - 0 points

GROUP B:

United States (3-0) - 15 points

Dom. Republic (2-1) - 10 points

Mexico (1-2) - 5 points

Trinidad + Tobago (0-3) - 0 points

QUARTERFINALS

10/11/19 18:00 EDT: Cuba v. DR

10/11/19 20:15 EDT: Canada v. Mexico

CLASSIFICATION 5-8

10/12/19 14:00 EDT: Costa Rica v. loser of one of the quarterfinals

10/12/19 16:00 EDT: Trinidad-Tobago v. loser of the other quarterfinal

SEMIFINALS

10/12/19 18:00 EDT: United States v. winner of one of the quarters.

10/12/19 20:15 EDT: Puerto Rico v. other quarter. winner

7TH-8TH PLACE

10/13/11 11:00 EDT

5TH-6TH PLACE

10/13/11 13:00 EDT

3RD-4TH PLACE

10/13/19 15:00 EDT

CHAMPIONSHIP

10/13/19 17:15 EDT

*** Seems that most of these matches are determined via what seeded teams' win or lose in the knockout rounds. Therefore they're All TBD right now. ***

• I'm just saying, USA is playing its 2nd team and the only real challenge they had was the first set vs. DR (2nd strongest in NORCECA). I feel like they're facing Canada in the semis then DR again in the finals. Bartschy for MVP.

• But this is like, the EuroVolley for Americans!

Yeah but you can't even compare the level, they could won at least silver even with U18.

• I think its alright for them to play in this tournament. They barely even played during world cup anyways.

The point, originally, of a few posters (pages ago) was that the US has some specific players, now on the Norceca roster, who are being kept from joining their pro teams; whose seasons are just starting up. Many international leagues are firing up; some of their marquee Americans will not be joining them until after.

• Eh....I'm pretty sure each club knows of the scheduled commitments of the NT players when they signed them. I dont realy care for this tournament either but if this is the group that we're sending to Tokyo then I'm fine with it. I think it's a welcome moment TBH.

We have, unfortunately, the disadvantage of being scattered around the world during pro season so they normally don't get this much time together. We also have 2 new setters, a whole group of new MB's not to mention a system and a libero situation that still needs figuring out. Its a pretty tiny window to address all that after the club season and before 2020 OG so we might as well take advantage of this opportunity now.

• Wait... So you saying, Hill, bartsch, tori and lower are TeamB? 😂

Just because they are playing against less strong team and they are now Team B?

So, if akinradewo, adams come back who will be team A and B and C?

I still believe kiraly has a purpose why carlini wasn't playing that much in world cup.

Coming olympics next yr. It's everyone ball game