USA NT 2019

• the japanese are actually really strong servers not to mention the foreign players who also play there. I’ve been watching Lee’s games and her passing really needs A TON of work. So there’s no need to discredit the league she’s in, in terms of her improvement track. Moreover, Japanese may not be that tall to test how the hitters move around tall blocks, however the Japanese defense is really testing her hitting too. I think it’s still good she plays there for improvement.

I'm not discrediting the league. I actually have a soft spot for it. Probably should've worded it out better. What I'm trying to say was that playing with defensively responsible players makes one especially one with shaky reception less likely to step up. And that's what I think is happening and she's suffering for it.

• I'm not discrediting the league. I actually have a soft spot for it. Probably should've worded it out better. What I'm trying to say was that playing with defensively responsible players makes one especially one with shaky reception less likely to step up. And that's what I think is happening and she's suffering for it.

makes more sense. there has not been any improvement in her defense and passing so far. She gets aced on a lot and is hidden in receiving patterns

• Foreign players in Japanese leagues doesn't pass usually. Because they are the 1st option of attacks.

Lee isn't good in passing even before she plays in japan. She was average when she played in Turkey because her club isn't that strong based on standing and lineup.

She played as opposite in norceca and got the best spiker award, the problem is USA needs a very good OH defender who can replace Larson, hill and bartsch - these 3 vets are on their 30s and in 1 or 2 yrs they will most probably retire from NT.

As of today i don't see any young and current NT who can replace these vets. Courtney probably of course rob will be there but who else?

• makes more sense. there has not been any improvement in her defense and passing so far. She gets aced on a lot and is hidden in receiving patterns

And that is why I said she put herself at a disadvantage. It's common knowledge that Japanese love to play a structured game. Good reception and timely defense tantamounts to offensive output. A player like Lee who can't compete with the Japanese when it comes to defensive ability would be more than likely to be hidden away and used solely for their arm and offensive prowess. It's a nice enough for both parties but if her goal is to become a well rounded OH then Japan might not be the best option for her at this young stage of her career.

• And that is why I said she put herself at a disadvantage. It's common knowledge that Japanese love to play a structured game. Good reception and timely defense tantamounts to offensive output. A player like Lee who can't compete with the Japanese when it comes to defensive ability would be more than likely to be hidden away and used solely for their arm and offensive prowess. It's a nice enough for both parties but if her goal is to become a well rounded OH then Japan might not be the best option for her at this young stage of her career.

i get your point now. Thanks for clarifying!

• As of today i don't see any young and current NT who can replace these vets. Courtney probably of course rob will be there but who else?

JThom could be an option. In the little chance we saw of her this season on that side, her hitting, reception and defense was better than expected. Better than any newbies that rotated as an OH for all the tournaments we played this year. A little seasoning in the pro leagues should do her wonders.

After that...? Some fringe A squad players: MKR, SWP, RJP, Lee, Foecke. A lot of growing needs to happen especially for the last 3 to become a mainstay but for now I only see them as transitional players.

Plummer if she so decides to play indoors I think is more suited to be an Opp. So you have Annie, Karsta who is finding her groove back, her and then Cuttino. <- shes not having a stellar season but there's some untapped potential there.

• Thompson plays as OH in University of Cincinnati. I am just not sure if her reception and defense skills are up to par. However, she is very promising as OPP and it would be a shame if she goes the same say as Ebrar Karakurt, force to play as OH.

• Im very disappointed with performance of Madison kingdon. Do you guys think she is considered as one of the transition players? With her current performance, she looks very average

• Im very disappointed with performance of Madison kingdon. Do you guys think she is considered as one of the transition players? With her current performance, she looks very average

Nope! She’s in the same age group of Hill and KRob. There are many young NCAA players that can easily outdo her at least in the offense department.

• Hey what about adora Anae who is currently playing in korean league?

I can't remember which competition but she already played with NT before but she was not invited last summer.

Though she has to work on her weight, she gained this season.

• Brazil can have 2 foreigners and 2 7 point players at a time

Factoring her experienced, tenure and who else we have in the gym? Yes I would consider her to be one of them a.k.a temporary placeholders. At least for now.

I dont think she would be a mainstay in the A-squad. I dont even think the coaches sees her as the next in line for a "promotion" but maybe as a short term solution. I think she offers them a stop-gap when any one of the current OH decides to hang it up. I do think she'd remain as an option until a viable prospect comes up the ranking.

Just like what happened in the setting and MB position this year, I think next year after the Olympics the OPP and OH paths would open up and NT positions would be up for grabs. It would be an exciting time for sure.