USA NT 2019

• USA has like the most players who are playing in great teams in Serie A or China or other good leagues. Im curious which opposites will go to Tokyo. They have Lowe, Drews, Thompson, Cuttino and Rivers who in my opinion is doing a great job in her team. I hope Hancock will find a place in the team. Imo her and Poulter are more creative and better than Carlini and Lloyd.

• USA has like the most players who are playing in great teams in Serie A or China or other good leagues. Im curious which opposites will go to Tokyo. They have Lowe, Drews, Thompson, Cuttino and Rivers who in my opinion is doing a great job in her team. I hope Hancock will find a place in the team. Imo her and Poulter are more creative and better than Carlini and Lloyd.

Cuttino is not option IMO, she is not good at all in Pomi. She does not have a strong starting position even in Pomi. For me Thompson and Drews are have a realy adventage on Opp position.

On middle would be very interesting to see who will be select by Kiraly.

• Middle position will be the most controversial one. I think not 1 but 2 shockers especially since maybe karch will only send 3 MBs

I feel the same way. If Ogbogu and Dixon remain healthy, they are totally shoe ins for the position. The 3rd spot will be a fight between Washington and Akinradewo. And as much as i love Foluke, Haleigh has been performing very well and already has good connection with the setters.

• I feel the same way. If Ogbogu and Dixon remain healthy, they are totally shoe ins for the position. The 3rd spot will be a fight between Washington and Akinradewo. And as much as i love Foluke, Haleigh has been performing very well and already has good connection with the setters.

the way I see it, only Ogbogu is assured of an MB slot, honestly.

Last 2 will be a tossup between Dixon, Wash, Akin and Adams. Will be very controversial if none of the 2 starting MBs of Rio get linedup

• it’s taking me long to process that Foluke might not make it in time to Tokyo. Also hard to see this USA generation playing without her at a major event like the Olympics . If she doesn’t , I would take Dixon , Adams or Obgobu ( for their quick attacks behind the setter) and Washington.

• I feel like Akinradewo will for sure be in Tokyo. Obgobu as well. The last spot is up for grab. But to think about it, USA doesn’t have to worry about post-Tokyo NT. They have a crazy deep pool of youngster. And by that time the junior now will be matured, too. Rattke is gonna be the next Thaisa. Thompson is already creating wave on her own. And now Plummer is going to Monza. It will be a looooong time before USA stop performing well at world’s stage.

• where is Adams now? I couldnt find any info about her current club.

Rachael is working out at the USA gym in Anaheim to prepare and fight for a slot in Tokyo. We don’t know yet if she’ll sign a club for the rest of the season but she’s for sure trying to get back into good health to at least compete for that slot.

• USA for sure has the biggest pool of players for each position (except Libero) and this almost always had been the case but this is not even to get a medal in OG. Everyone in the 12 roster are 'good' but They are lacking one 'superb' player. None of these players have the potential to lead a team to championships. That's why I don't count on USA against CHN, ITA, SRB no matter which 12 players will be in the final roster

• ^Meh. USA hasn't been the team with 1 superb player and they have won golds in some tournaments, and then some. It's more of a machine that has these player play their roles. We are yet to find out if that will be enough to get them to gold in Tokyo, but to count them out over teams like ITA, SRB and CHN would be wrong ;)

• ^Meh. USA hasn't been the team with 1 superb player and they have won golds in some tournaments, and then some. It's more of a machine that has these player play their roles. We are yet to find out if that will be enough to get them to gold in Tokyo, but to count them out over teams like ITA, SRB and CHN would be wrong ;)

They are a good team overall, but in the last tournament that mattered the most, WCH 2018, they failed big time. They need a good opposite who can score in difficult moments, but Drews is a unstable player and Thompson is still young. Also they need a stable receiving libero to allow them to play their fast system. Courtney was their weak spot during the last world cup. If all of them to their job, USA is difficult to beat for sure!

• They are a good team overall, but in the last tournament that mattered the most, WCH 2018, they failed big time. They need a good opposite who can score in difficult moments, but Drews is a unstable player and Thompson is still young. Also they need a stable receiving libero to allow them to play their fast system. Courtney was their weak spot during the last world cup. If all of them to their job, USA is difficult to beat for sure!

i agree with your sentiments, however, you need to realize that WCh wasn’t really USA’s best. Having Murphy (wtf) there as main opposite was just so excruciating. Her leash was just way too long instead of allowing Drews to grow in that tournament. Lowe wasn’t much helpful either. The libero discussion goes on and on but I think people like what they’re seeing with JWO so I hope we can all be surprised by how this team works in time for Tokyo. Still a lot more time to go, just hoping the players all come up big.

Having Drews/Thompson is a big upgrade to Murphy/Lowe imho. They will get there.

• i like it tho that coming into this Olympics, we arent the ones favored for gold. Heck even to medal. The past quads, we were primed to get the top award but look where it took the team. This time, there’s no added pressure. It’s definitely on CHN/SRB. I hope this type of hype, or the lack thereof, works in favor of the USA. 😊

• By the way what happened to Alexis Crimes? She was really good as far as I remember, very dynamic.

She had a few kind of carreer ending knee injuries sadly, the last club she played in was Sariyer Bld. I found a vid of her:

It doesn't seem like she returned to pro volleyball after this

• It doesn't seem like she returned to pro volleyball after this

thats a pity, she was really good in Bielsko and I remember she was in the NT. USA has more players like her who were really good and now I dont know whats happening with them. There was a setter Kreklow who was even named the best setter of WGP? Also Cooper and Fonoimoana, they were playing in Poland, both were really good, I guess were part of the NT for some time.

• thats a pity, she was really good in Bielsko and I remember she was in the NT. USA has more players like her who were really good and now I dont know whats happening with them. There was a setter Kreklow who was even named the best setter of WGP? Also Cooper and Fonoimoana, they were playing in Poland, both were really good, I guess were part of the NT for some time.

Most of the USA nt players are coming from great colleges. With such degrees, they have the options to pursue different careers other than volleyball and still earn decent salaries. That's why a lot of talented American players quit volleyball at early ages