Gloria Cup 2019 (Female)

• I'm sorry to have to go back to the narrative, but the very notion that Silvija Popović faked her injury so that Serbia could salvage a set at the prestigious Gloria Cup is simply killing me :obey::rolll:

Anyway, fun tournament. I'm sure it will be useful for the teams. Hats off to Croatia for giving a very good account of themselves, I don't think many people expected them to play this well. It's just a shame Italy didn't send a stronger squad, it would have been even better.

• I don`t understand what the purpose of the forum is, if one cannot debate a bit about the contentious events and why some people think this is a battle, and it is just a matter of ordinary discussion. If we replicate each other, that doesn`t mean we are in battle.

It is interesting how some people get distracted by a simple warning and work hard to relativize it.

We all know that Serbs are a heavenly people, but that does not mean that injustice should not be warned.

However, Croatia has done a good job in last 3 days.

• This is the volleyball forum and this is not forum about Serbs, Croats......Discussion yes but you obivously do not know what argume ntative discussion is. The 2 things most do on this forum is just discussion and posting information that can be significant for volleyball fans. Other unnecessarily politically and historically inspired comments outside the realm of volleyball definitely is not place here.

• The only significant fact is that Croatia was stolen yesterday when the match broke. I have mentioned it and will always mention whatever you think heavenly.

The argument that it was a friendly match is not exactly a justification for unsportsmanlike conduct.

when a player is injured everyone’s first concern is that players well-being as soon as they realize it’s happening, the last thing anyone is thinking about is the last point. If the croatian players didn’t feel it was necessary to contest replaying the point, then I don’t see why your throwing such a big fit over it. Sometimes bad calls are made, it happens in nearly every tournament(even more important ones), but it is just one more aspect of the game, it sucks but it happens. Also it’s not really unsportsmanlike conduct considering it’s not the Serbian teams fault that the point was replayed, it was the refs call

• After reading this guy, I will never complain about crovolley again

• No but the fact that, I PMed this guy and he quickly apoligized for his behaviour and knowing that all when Serdar reacts to his post (which he with that admitted was not nice) he continues calling him names as well :lol: instead of deleting his post or explaining his side, like wtf lmao. How does that work. I'm not even talking about the Mihajlovic-Popovic case anymore. I think 99% agrees on that here. When a player gets injured its like an immediate whistle being blown ofc.

Crovolley :heart:

• I mean, it's clear what this guy's agenda is. As soon as he joined the board, he started trashing Serbia and Turkey, denigrating their achievements, comparing them to his glorious team of the 90s.

If I was a really malicious person, I'd tell him that his glorious team was one truly exceptional player + a bunch of Russians, and when they were gone, it was all gone. And that by now, both Serbia and Turkey have been on/near the top of the volleyball world for far longer than Croatia ever was.

But I'm not, so I won't. :saint:

• when a player is injured everyone’s first concern is that players well-being as soon as they realize it’s happening, the last thing anyone is thinking about is the last point. If the croatian players didn’t feel it was necessary to contest replaying the point, then I don’t see why your throwing such a big fit over it. Sometimes bad calls are made, it happens in nearly every tournament(even more important ones), but it is just one more aspect of the game, it sucks but it happens. Also it’s not really unsportsmanlike conduct considering it’s not the Serbian teams fault that the point was replayed, it was the refs call

If the most important thing is the players' well-being, why did the Serbian players continue to play, and when they lost a point they treacherously accepted the theft. It's not sports.

• Be it as you say, Croatian volleyball owes a lot to Russian volleyball. The results of the Serbian national team are better than the old results of the Croatian national team. Croatian club volleyball results are better than Serbian volleyball scores. Serbia is far better than Croatia today and there is nothing in dispute.

The only issue that is controversial is that Croatia was stolen in that match and it bothers someone because it is mentioned and there is a discussion on the last two pages.